First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 28i

Garage List
2014 BMW 528ix  [0.00]
2013 BMX X3 28i  [0.00]
Thanks Everyone!

Just wanted to thank all the regulars here. You've been very helpful in adding to my research and car buying decision. I decided to purchase an X3. Bottom line is that my wife wanted a smaller vehicle than her Acura MDX, but going all the way down in size to the X1 was too dramatic of a change for our family. We have a sedan and still need a larger vehicle to move cargo and people around.

I must say that the X1 is so much fun to drive. The hydraulic steering adds to the joy of feeling the road. The X1 is an absolute blast to move around in.

Midnight Blue is my favorite BMW exterior color and it only comes with the X1 currently. Add a sand beige interior with an M Sport Package and you have one of the best looking BMW's on the planet in my opinion.

Congrats to all of you on your X1 purchases!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 10:44 PM   #2
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Enjoy the big brother! X3 is a fun one too. Not as fun as an X1 but close...
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 11:27 PM   #3
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Would also like to say thanks to all who have posted some excellent info and commentary on the forum.
Enjoying both our new X1 and year old X3, but the X3 has some awesome tech that I wish was in the X1. Not a criticism, but would have liked to see some of these in the X1.
The birds eye view cameras under the door mirrors have prevented any wheel rash to this point and make parking between the lines a breeze.
Night images from back up camera much better.
X3 MSport offers a heated steering wheel.
Newer gen. dash with better displays.
3 nav. screen display options - day, night and auto.
Cruise controls and audio scroll button on the steering wheel.
Some other neat X3 features are auto tailgate, rails with sliding cargo tie downs in the trunk, retractable cargo cover, retractable pet net which attaches to roof (2 possible configs), side by side cup holders and the panorama roof tilts to a higher angle giving a bigger opening.
But our X3 35i is less economical, no ASS or EcoPro on ours, and X1 xDrive steering feel is superior.
Also the X1 price advantage is substantial.
The only wishlist item not yet available on either is BLIS.
Both are a blast to drive and we are very happy with them. No regrets about choosing either, but probably would have opted for the turbo4 X3 28i over the 35i if it had been available.
Happy trails y'all.
Appreciate 0