Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-08-2013, 12:46 PM   #1
mullini
Mullini
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 i3 BEV

Steering Assistance Malfunction

At work I happen to park in a space that I have to turn rather sharply into - often with the front wheels angled. This sometimes happens at home too, turning in to make room for my partner's car in a tight two-car garage.

So from time to time now, when I start the X1 leaving work or my garage, I get a brief error message "Steering assistance malfunction." It's not exactly an alert - there's no chime, for one thing. The message just appears on the IDrive - and it disappears very quickly and never reappears during the drive. I have no sense whatsoever that anything is actually wrong with the steering either. Works fine.

So I don't plan to do anything about this until the first service, which is still months off. Just wondering - anyone else out there experience this?
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
xyz100
Private
Rep
Drives: Challenger

It is possible that the codes are stored somewhere. I would take it to the dealer. At least one complaint will be logged. Even if they found nothing.
Appreciate 0