XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

08-15-2015, 12:37 PM   #1
ode1085
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1

Issues with X1 OEM Base Support Roof Racks

Hi all - I have some issues with my base support system for the X1 http://www.shopbmwusa.com/PRODUCT/39...SUPPORT-SYSTEM

Basically, I've had these properly installed for >1 year now but today went to adjust their positioning to fit the OEM touring bike holder properly. They had been set up a bit too far apart.

Upon removing the front rail, the clamp itself disconnected from the bar. After some tinkering, it's obvious to me how to reassemble it but it requires access to hold a nut in place that would otherwise be made inaccessible by positioning the clamp properly.

I'm wondering if anyone's dealt with reassembling the OEM support system or has access to a manual with the appropriate info? The base manual for this system only covers attaching it and removing it from the car - no information as to how to reassemble the clamp component should it fall apart.

Thanks all in advance. Happy to provide some photos and videos if my description is a little hard to understand.
Appreciate 0