Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

04-11-2014, 12:07 PM   #23
atomic
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 x3 x-line white

Quote:
Originally Posted by tominavl View Post
Clearly this thread has been hijacked by a bunch of dimwits that don't understand that environmental concerns and climate change are happening all over our small village of a planet we call Earth. I'll be the first to admit that this thread is WAY off topic, but I will NOT bury my head in the sand about our dire environmental situation. If anyone believes just because they don't live in China or LA that they are not affected by any of our careless attitudes - check again! We are ALL going to suffer the consequences.
I don't buy all the climate change nonsesne. First it was global warming and now they changed it to climate change. But of BS to get college professors grants. I don't know why they dont' say we need to decrease pollution to lower lung diseases like Asthma, Lung Cancer and Emphysema. Things everyone should be concerned about than the global temperature rasiing a degree over 10 years.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 01:24 PM   #24
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

Quote:
Clearly this thread has been hijacked by a bunch of dimwits that don't understand that environmental concerns and climate change are happening all over our small village of a planet we call Earth. I'll be the first to admit that this thread is WAY off topic, but I will NOT bury my head in the sand about our dire environmental situation. If anyone believes just because they don't live in China or LA that they are not affected by any of our careless attitudes - check again! We are ALL going to suffer the consequences.
Localized Smog, Pollution, Fukushima... Yep...

Global Warming, man made...
End of the earth...?"
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2014, 09:02 PM   #25
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Climate change is not going to destroy the planet. It will just make things inconvenient for some people. Some large population centers will continue to get flooded on a regular basis until people migrate away from those places. Other places will have draught and will have shortages of drinking water and will be forced to pay high prices for water. There will be lots of fires in other places as we have seen a huge rise in this sort of thing. Stronger storms, hail, tornados in places that never used to have these things.

As for pollution and radiation, those will just cause a continuing rise in cancer rates as we have seen throughout the past 50 years.

And there will be a change to some major parts of the ecosystem as many species die out. Some species like mosquitos and jellyfish will do very well, while others like regular fish that we eat not so well.

Life will go on, but there will be a big geographical change in population over the next 50-100 years. Some places at sea level that have huge cities today will probably be rather desolate in another century or even under water.

The planet will exhaust its supply of fossil fuels long before we "destroy" the planet. But life may be inconvenient for some in the future. And when the day does come that we do run out of fossil fuels (perhaps a century into the future, maybe even less), then the inconveniences will keep coming...
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2014, 10:24 AM   #26
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

read the book..."Hurtling Toward Oblivion"

Good cases for the Hockey Stick syndrome...

Man will do ourselves in... Not "Global Warming"
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 06:51 AM   #27
tominavl
Keeping it Real
Rep
Drives: 2014 X Drive 2.8i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWT View Post
Well, you were just as much a part of the threadjacking as anyone else. Or were you just referring to the other "dimwits"...the ones that didn't share your specific opinion(s) or level of concern for the environment?
It's sad that one must resort to name-calling when their way of thinking is not understood, shared, or accepted by ALL.
This in from Berlin:

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/14/sc...=27885622&_r=0
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 07:56 PM   #28
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1X 2.8

Quote:
Wasting you breath on me...try someone that gives a crap about anything printed in the NY Times. It's the most liberally slanted media rag still in print...but probably not for long. If that's where you get any of your info, then that speaks volumes about you.
Sad
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2014, 08:12 PM   #29
tominavl
Keeping it Real
Rep
Drives: 2014 X Drive 2.8i Sport Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWT View Post
Wasting you breath on me...try someone that gives a crap about anything printed in the NY Times. It's the most liberally slanted media rag still in print...but probably not for long. If that's where you get any of your info, then that speaks volumes about you.
Sad
Without trying to be overly rude, you represent the despicable kinds of people that are destroying America and planet Earth. Why do you drive an intelligently engineered BMW? From Germany no less! Get a grip man and maybe a 70's era lincoln continental may be a better way to express your wasteful, selfish, loaded carbon footprint kinda lifestyle. BTW the NY Times is merely the messenger in this story, if you bother to even read it or anything else meaningful. Oh sorry, I shouldn't expect that from your kind.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 10:41 AM   #30
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1X 2.8

Quote:
Without trying to be overly rude, you represent the despicable kinds of people that are destroying America and planet Earth. Why do you drive an intelligently engineered BMW? From Germany no less! Get a grip man and maybe a 70's era lincoln continental may be a better way to express your wasteful, selfish, loaded carbon footprint kinda lifestyle. BTW the NY Times is merely the messenger in this story, if you bother to even read it or anything else meaningful. Oh sorry, I shouldn't expect that from your kind.
As evidenced by your continued name-calling, you don't have to "try"...to be rude. Sad.

You know nothing about me and really shouldn't shoot your ignorant mouth off until you do. I have expressed numerous times within this thread that I don't think like you do and for some strange reason, you seem to HATE that...simply sad and pathetic. I got news for ya, you should hang around people that think just like you or you'll find yourself in one miserable existence. I'm pretty sure you're already there although you likely don't realize it.

More news for you...I know nothing about you other than you seem to be an over-the-top bleeding-heart liberal. There's nothing wrong with that. If it makes you happy, be my guest. Just don't try to cram your beliefs down the throats of those that oppose your views. Then again, maybe you just come across that way.

And lastly, I'm pretty sure that I do more, much more, than you to better this planet through recycling in a week than you'll do in a year...maybe 5 years. My millwork business is just set up that way. So make sure you know your adversary well before you start a war.

It's probably time for the admins to close this thread what with all the anger and sadness that it seems to be causing ole Tom.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2014, 10:51 AM   #31
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Without trying to be overly rude, you represent the despicable kinds of people that are destroying America and planet Earth. Why do you drive an intelligently engineered BMW? From Germany no less!
Because it goes really fast and makes great noises with my catalytic converters removed!

Appreciate 0