XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

12-21-2012, 12:51 PM   #67
3Bims
Private
Rep
Drives: XXX

I went to edmunds, got invoice price for my configuration, went to the dealer and paid invoice for my order. That's approximately 7% off msrp.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 01:57 PM   #68
backpackerx
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Bims View Post
I went to edmunds, got invoice price for my configuration, went to the dealer and paid invoice for my order. That's approximately 7% off msrp.
I'm going through this process now. Did you just give them the invoice price and say here's my offer and they took it? Did it happen via email or in person? I'm emailing a couple of dealers now because I figured they'd be more willing to deal if all they invested in the deal is the time to reply to an email and it went direct to a sales manager bypassing a sales commission potentially.

If you used any other strategies to get invoice pricing I'd love to hear. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2012, 04:16 PM   #69
schnieds
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28

Order my X1 xDrive 28i on 11/30/2012.

X1 xDrive 28i
Deep Sea Blue Metallic
Panoramic Moonroof
Heated Seats

Invoice + $500
Fees: $895 destination, $400 MACO, $180 Training/Service fee

Paid $33,830 total (minus $500 holiday cash).

Hoping to get it mid-late January.
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2012, 07:01 AM   #70
3Bims
Private
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by backpackerx View Post
I'm going through this process now. Did you just give them the invoice price and say here's my offer and they took it? Did it happen via email or in person? I'm emailing a couple of dealers now because I figured they'd be more willing to deal if all they invested in the deal is the time to reply to an email and it went direct to a sales manager bypassing a sales commission potentially.

If you used any other strategies to get invoice pricing I'd love to hear. Thanks.
I went to my dealer, found them to be great to deal with and asked them to sell it at invoice and told them if they did so that I would buy from them and not shop (I bought my other BMW elsewhere b/c these guys' Internet folks didn't give me the best price). That was it. I kept my end.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 03:17 PM   #71
rhussein
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive28i

I bought mine for $1000 over invoice for my xDrive 28i, 2 weeks ago. After taking into account the $500 holiday cash, it was technically $500 over invoice. This was for a vehicle on the lot. I also had a trade that was a little under (by a few hundred $) the fair trade-in value, so they probably made up the slack there.

I basically found a local dealer who had the vehicle I wanted and offered them the price online, spoke to the Internet salesguy and negotiated on the phone. I went in person and had to do 1 small round of negotiation and locked on the price.

Last edited by rhussein; 12-27-2012 at 03:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 10:09 AM   #72
schnieds
Rep

Just picked up my X1 in stock at a Seattle WA area BMW dealership... I had custom ordered one in Nov, but the delivery was going to be delayed until February because everything slowed down for the holidays.

$500 over invoice + I got them to throw in the wheel locks for free ($120).

X1 xDrive28i
Mineral Grey Metallic
Black Nevada Leather
High-Gloss Black Trim
18" light allow wheels double-spoke style
Sport Line
Chrome-line exterior trim
Cold Weather package
Ultimate package (Tech package + Premium package + Driver Assist package)
BMW Assist

MSRP: $43,545 (including $895 destination)
Invoice: $40,220 (including $895 destination)
My Price: $41,110 (+$500 over invoice, $400 MACO, $180 training service fee)

My X1 is amazing!!!!

I custom ordered a model that was pretty close to base spec. I am REALLY glad I paid the extra cash to get the packages... the options are amazing! I love the Nav, parking assist, rear view camera, Bluetooth audio integration, etc. The Sport Line wheels and Black Nevada Leather with Red Piping looks amazing as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-28-2012, 12:44 PM   #73
tahoe_bound
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1

I ordered a xDrive 28i for $500 below invoice plus got the $500 rebate on top. I picked up my car Saturday and and so far am very pleased with it. This is my first BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2012, 10:31 PM   #74
x1enth
Rep
Drives: Looking for X1

X1 AWD prices in Seattle

Folks,

like many of you, after considering others such as RDX, Q5 etc, I really like X1. I read that Seattle area dealers are unwilling to offer competitive prices, so wondering if anyone has experiences ordering from other dealers in OR, CA , or Vancouver, British Columbia or even European delivery...

@schnieds, it looks like you have been able to get a decent deal in Seattle area, appreciate if you are able to share any details such as dealer and/or sales person in Seattle area who was able to offer such pricing.

Thanks,

X1 Enthusiast!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 10:47 AM   #75
edx1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

There are several bimmerfest sponsors in CA and Oregon, not sure about Canada(haven't looked). I'd recommend you buy it elsewhere where they will deal with you. I'd personally be dealing with the guys in CA if tax wasn't 10% (It's 6.5% where I am, so that's over a thousand more for tax).

The only downside is the dealer you take your car to for service might not give you a loaner car if you didn't buy the car from them.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 11:04 AM   #76
x1enth
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnieds View Post
Just picked up my X1 in stock at a Seattle WA area BMW dealership... I had custom ordered one in Nov, but the delivery was going to be delayed until February because everything slowed down for the holidays.

$500 over invoice + I got them to throw in the wheel locks for free ($120).

X1 xDrive28i
Mineral Grey Metallic
Black Nevada Leather
High-Gloss Black Trim
18" light allow wheels double-spoke style
Sport Line
Chrome-line exterior trim
Cold Weather package
Ultimate package (Tech package + Premium package + Driver Assist package)
BMW Assist

MSRP: $43,545 (including $895 destination)
Invoice: $40,220 (including $895 destination)
My Price: $41,110 (+$500 over invoice, $400 MACO, $180 training service fee)

My X1 is amazing!!!!

I custom ordered a model that was pretty close to base spec. I am REALLY glad I paid the extra cash to get the packages... the options are amazing! I love the Nav, parking assist, rear view camera, Bluetooth audio integration, etc. The Sport Line wheels and Black Nevada Leather with Red Piping looks amazing as well.
Would you mind sharing details on Seattle area dealer/sales person who was able to offer $500 over invoice price?

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 12:06 PM   #77
backpackerx
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 328ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by x1enth View Post
Would you mind sharing details on Seattle area dealer/sales person who was able to offer $500 over invoice price?

Thanks!
I think it's also important with these prices reported to say whether a trade in was involved. When trade-ins are part of the deal, the dealer can sell the car much "cheaper" and make up their profit on the trade in value given.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #78
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
I think it's also important with these prices reported to say whether a trade in was involved. When trade-ins are part of the deal, the dealer can sell the car much "cheaper" and make up their profit on the trade in value given.
It depends on the cars traded in. Sometimes dealers take a loss on trade-ins, pretty much having to pay for a car they know they can't possibly sell.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 11:17 AM   #79
FStephenMasek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Ford Explorer EB V8 RWD

Just contact the fleet / Internet department at one or more dealers, telling them exactly what you want, and telling them you will pay Invoice. They only need to type a few things into a computer to enter the order, yet they will still earn the "holdback" amount. Of course, pay cash. If you can't afford to pay cash, you can't afford the vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #80
todorove
Rep
Drives: Honda CRV

Wow, all great deals. My only imput is to reiterate that people make sure to request the free paddle shifters when ordering a sport - they're free but are not automatically added.

I ordered my X1 from an an out of state dealer rather than my local dealer who gave me 0 discount on an european delivery. This reiterate the obvious: dealers will deal on a ED sale to an out of state individual because it is an extra sale they didn't count on and one that doesn't cost against their allotment.

White xDrive 28, sport package, paddle shifters, ultimate package, cold weather package, satin roof rails, harmon kardon stereo and sattelite radio for $39,350 total. No trade ins. Not quite as good as some of the deals above, but within the ball park and a the dealer was pleasant to deal with (not a given in my neighborhood).

Thinking of having delivered to South Carolina to complete the buying experience...anyone done that?

Feb 2013 update: After getting all the paperwork in, the price ended up not as great as previously advertized. The paperwork was delayed until now because BMW took their sweet time issuing the VIN (BMW Germany is running behind). Anyway, the price was actually 40,150 because I added the harmon Kardon after the dealer and I had reached the 39,350 price. Fair enough.

Last edited by todorove; 02-18-2013 at 10:02 AM.. Reason: Price change
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #81
schnieds
Rep

Quote:

Thanks!
Dave Skipworth @ BMW Bellevue

Ron Hansen @ BMW Northwest

Ron is more willing to deal right off the bat. I had to wear BMW Bellevue down to get the deal I did and I have a feeling they only agreed to $500 over invoice because it was right before the end of the year. I would start with Ron @ BMW Northwest if I were you.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #82
schnieds
Rep

Quote:
No trade-in for me. I sold my truck private party before buying my X1.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 01:59 PM   #83
x1enth
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by todorove View Post
Wow, all great deals. My only imput is to reiterate that people make sure to request the free paddle shifters when ordering a sport - they're free but are not automatically added.

I ordered my X1 from an an out of state dealer rather than my local dealer who gave me 0 discount on an european delivery. This reiterate the obvious: dealers will deal on a ED sale to an out of state individual because it is an extra sale they didn't count on and one that doesn't cost against their allotment.

White xDrive 28, sport package, paddle shifters, ultimate package, cold weather package, satin roof rails, harmon kardon stereo and sattelite radio for $39,350 total. No trade ins. Not quite as good as some of the deals above, but within the ball park and a the dealer was pleasant to deal with (not a given in my neighborhood).

Thinking of having delivered to South Carolina to complete the buying experience...anyone done that?
@todorove - that's not a bad deal considering all the pkgs you got for the price. Did you say you got it from out of state dealer for European Delivery and now is getting delivered at South Carolina BMW USA facility, or did I miss something?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 04:21 PM   #84
Kapplcd
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by todorove View Post

Where does it say that paddleshifters are free?
      01-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #85
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapplcd View Post
That's the "NC" (No Charge/Cost) in the order list for the M-Sport line.
For the regular sport line, I believe it's $120 extra.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 11:21 AM   #86
FStephenMasek
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Ford Explorer EB V8 RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx1 View Post
There are several bimmerfest sponsors in CA and Oregon, not sure about Canada(haven't looked). I'd recommend you buy it elsewhere where they will deal with you. I'd personally be dealing with the guys in CA if tax wasn't 10% (It's 6.5% where I am, so that's over a thousand more for tax).

The only downside is the dealer you take your car to for service might not give you a loaner car if you didn't buy the car from them.
The sales tax will be charged based on where you live, not where the dealer is located, even within California.
      01-08-2013, 01:00 PM   #87
todorove
Rep

Quote:
@todorove - that's not a bad deal considering all the pkgs you got for the price. Did you say you got it from out of state dealer for European Delivery and now is getting delivered at South Carolina BMW USA facility, or did I miss something?
I did get it from an out of state BMW. I am thinking of getting it delivered to SC, mainly because the car has to be delivered to a BMW dealer (so the choices are the dealer where I bought the car, South Carolina or pay my local dealer to receive the car).
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 01:02 PM   #88
todorove
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapplcd View Post
I left out an important part...they are free with the sport line option
Appreciate 0