Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

03-28-2012, 10:00 AM   #1
pmach10
Rep
Drives: X1 18dXdrive Msport

Red face Date format help on x1

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hi to all have the x1 18d x drive m sport 2012 model and been trying to change the date format which at present is set the American way m/d/y and need it set to the European way Day/Month/Year i have followed the book and drawn a blank,also dryed various way's via radio and fasher fob as this car has no idrive.I know it is often metioned but never a straight step by step answer,(for us thickie's).Cheer's any help will be much appricated.:
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

Its oh so simple on the i drive, menu, setting, time and date format..but I guess you dont have i drive do you ?
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #3
Sebulba
Rep
Drives: x1 sDrive18d

My manual is in the car, but as far I could remember it is done by pushing the button on turning signal lever (the left one ;-)), then changing settings options with the small up-down button. If nobody gives a better answer in the next few hours, I will check that on the car.
Appreciate 0
      03-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #4
pmach10
Rep

Hi the x1 has no idrive however the owner's handbook state's page 62/63you can change day/month or to month/day via the flasher small botton and end botton but all it doe's is month number's and day number's and not day/month number's,same goe's for radio.Hoping to get some help.Cheer's
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 02:10 PM   #5
fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

Hi

Changed the date on my X1 today with no issues. Follow the manual as it says, but remember it's the 'Set' with the key symbol and not the 'Set' with the date symbol that you’re looking for.

From reading the manual it sounds like this is a setting that's saved on the key fob (along with a few others) and not in the car itself... but I might be wrong.

Anyway, date is now in good old UK format

J.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 02:42 PM   #6
pmach10
Rep

Many thank's for your help mate finely got it !!!i was at the stage of pulling my hair out, the problem being i can't alway's remember the key simble being there, it's as if you have to have the key ignition full on or part on some time's to get to certain thing's.Cheer's
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2012, 03:37 PM   #7
fdpxfunix
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive 30d M Sport

No worries. Forgot to add... engine has to be started and you need to make the change within 20 seconds or so. If you move off the key symbol 'Set' vanishes.

J.
Appreciate 0
      04-24-2012, 01:59 AM   #8
Dark-Sider
X1 driver
Germany
Rep
Drives: X1 1.8d sDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmach10 View Post
it's as if you have to have the key ignition full on or part on some time's to get to certain thing's.Cheer's
That's the point. Some settings are not allowed when you're driving thus you don't get distracted from the street :-)
Appreciate 0