XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-15-2010, 10:12 AM   #1
vikla21
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 18dSE sDrive

X1 headlamp alarm

I have a 18d SE sDrive.
I am extremely pleased with it. Previously I have had 2 E91 3 Series Touring, the last one 177 bhp. I hardly notice the power difference. The X1 is so much more comfortable because I have the standard wheels which do not have run flat tyres.

I have found that when I leave the headlamps on when getting out of the car there is no warning boing. Strangely there is a boing if the side lights are on.
On all my previous BMWs there has been a headlamp boing when getting out of the car.
Does this apply to all X1 s ?
I got the impression from my dealer that this is a new feature also on new Minis.
If so I find it very annoying.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 10:42 AM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikla21 View Post
I have a 18d SE sDrive.
I am extremely pleased with it. Previously I have had 2 E91 3 Series Touring, the last one 177 bhp. I hardly notice the power difference. The X1 is so much more comfortable because I have the standard wheels which do not have run flat tyres.

I have found that when I leave the headlamps on when getting out of the car there is no warning boing. Strangely there is a boing if the side lights are on.
On all my previous BMWs there has been a headlamp boing when getting out of the car.
Does this apply to all X1 s ?
I got the impression from my dealer that this is a new feature also on new Minis.
If so I find it very annoying.
Don't have my X1 yet but on my mini the headlights switch off themselves after a while (so no alarm). Do you you have the auto-headlights option?
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:09 AM   #3
vikla21
Rep

The headlamps go off automatically when leaving the car, however when you get in the next day and start the car they come back on because the headlamp switch is on. Therefore find yourself driving around with headlamps on during the day.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #4
Stalemate
Rep
Drives: X3 + X1

why not simply switch to the "Automatic" headlamps instead? I have found that i never-ever switch away from the Automatic lights. It does a good job in coming on when it has to....so you won't have your day-lights issues.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 04:51 PM   #5
vikla21
Rep

Automatic lights are an extra I do not have on the car
Appreciate 0