Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

10-17-2010, 06:29 AM   #23
niknik
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

I have all the 5 fitted, and I don't think it obscures too much the rear view under normal driving conditions (not even at night.)
Maybe it would hamper a bit while parking - but having the camera to aid in the parking solves that.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #24
yohans
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive20d

More pictures

I also have all 5 fitted. Rearward visibility is fine for me and I've done >10,000 km with them fitted.

Blinds were bundled with car purchase so no pricing info.

Only issue is that on the rear doors the little bracket that is glued/stuck on to hold the blind in place doesn't stay put and then has to be re-positioned.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 07:51 AM   #25
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
I had a confirmation email yesterday from the WindowSOX distributer in the UK. The blinds for the X1 will be available in about two weeks time. Cost...£27+postage. As much as I would like the BMW OEM ones I have to face the fact that in Scotland the sun is rarely a problem so for very occasional use the WindowSOX are what I am going for. The price difference is just too big.

Oh, one thing I really like about them is that you can open the windows with them fitted.
Just an update. Dealer notified me today that they have the WindowSox for an X1 in stock. Ordered a set for £27 incl P&P. Will let you all know how I get on with them. Saying that the days are very short at the moment and the sun very low on the horizon so it won't be much of a test until summer.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2010, 10:28 AM   #26
Nedlands
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 CF Comp, 2010 23 X1

Mine arrived from the UK at about 1/2 the cost of Australia. I quickly fitted the rear qtr and back window. Will tackle the side ones on the weekend.
I am very happy with them so far. They fit and look like they should belong.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2010, 06:31 AM   #27
andret
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 6MT ZCP

Adelaide motors put them in for $550 installed. Well worth it fitting perfectly, can even open windows ok. Keeps the sun off our newborn.

2011 E90 M3 6MT
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 03:11 AM   #28
sunnywuh
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 330

Have just ordered the sun blinds from the local dealer! I truned away after seeing the price in Australia is AUD 880 last year, as advised by forum members!

Have to relook into this option because of the production delay of VanStyle. Solarplexius seems like a good alternative, but taking them off looks cumbersome.

Mine will be in next week, can't wait!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #29
rob_378
HongKongX1
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i SPORT

Nedlands description is pretty accurate.. everything in Australia costs twice as much!!
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 02:34 PM   #30
Lost in France
France
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive 2.0d

Take a look at these, a fraction of the price from BMW but just the same.

I posted about these a few weeks ago, the post is below with a link!

I spoke to the company directly as well, seems exactly the same as BMW and they did say that they make OEM for the aftersales of most manufacturers, my original post follows!

X1 Fitted Sun Shades Available At A Good Price
Just a little bit of news for anyone interested, I've been badgering a company in the UK about fitted sun shades for the X1. They have finally put then on their list as available for the X1 (I've been pestering them since March).

'The company is Van Style UK, price for a set of 6 is £95.99 (a lot cheaper than BMW in France or the UK) and they ship internationally.

I haven't ordered yet as I'm just about to go away but will do very soon.

I've added a link so anyone can take a look and see what you think

http://www.vanstyle.co.uk/shop/products_new.php
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 09:34 PM   #31
sunnywuh
Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks, I followed your link and ordered a set of X1 sunblinds from Vanstyle back on early July. A couple of weeks went on with no tracking#, I gave them a ring last Friday and was informed that there was a production delay and that I had to wait another 10 days - factory backlog blah blah blah.

The earliest I would receive my set would be mid-August. I don't have the patience for that. Luckily, VanStyle refunded me. I ordered through the local dealer. It is about £40 more expensive than that of VanStyle but hey I should get my thing next Thursday, I guess it's a little price to pay for my impatience.

Anyhow, thanks again "Lost in France" for the useful link!
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 01:40 PM   #32
Lost in France
France
Rep
Drives: X1 Xdrive 2.0d

That's useful, I was just about to place my order in time for a lengthy trip back to the UK in a few weeks time

Guess I'll postpone the order but thanks for the feedback.

What was the final price paid through your UK dealer, I'll see if I can get the same whilst I'm back there!

Last edited by Lost in France; 08-02-2011 at 01:42 PM.. Reason: Added a question at the end
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #33
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Window Sox

I have a set of these for the side windows on the very, very, very rare occasion we actually see some sun

http://www.windowsox.co.uk/
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 01:26 AM   #34
sunnywuh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost in France View Post
That's useful, I was just about to place my order in time for a lengthy trip back to the UK in a few weeks time

Guess I'll postpone the order but thanks for the feedback.

What was the final price paid through your UK dealer, I'll see if I can get the same whilst I'm back there!
I got mine yesterday! Bought price was HKD 3200, which is roughly EUR289!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 01:32 AM   #35
sunnywuh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I have a set of these for the side windows on the very, very, very rare occasion we actually see some sun

http://www.windowsox.co.uk/
I had a look at Windowsox before; aesthetically, the set made by Bimmer is better. Just my two cents.
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 02:16 AM   #36
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnywuh View Post
I had a look at Windowsox before; aesthetically, the set made by Bimmer is better. Just my two cents.
I agree, and the OEM ones are a more permanent solution. However we don't really have a sun problem here so the windowsox are OK for occasional use to keep the sun out of my young son's eyes. Oh, and they cost 1/10th of the price.

Don't know why BMW have not included the built in ones as an option, they work well on the other models.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 08:08 AM   #37
melts
Enlisted Member
Singapore
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Hi Steve, can I check where did you get those shades? Wanna buy one for use with my kid in the car. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-03-2011, 09:55 PM   #38
sunnywuh
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I agree, and the OEM ones are a more permanent solution. However we don't really have a sun problem here so the windowsox are OK for occasional use to keep the sun out of my young son's eyes. Oh, and they cost 1/10th of the price.

Don't know why BMW have not included the built in ones as an option, they work well on the other models.
I would have gone for the built in ones, had BMW offered us that option. Never mind that we would get ripped off.
Appreciate 0