04-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #1
jiudia
Enlisted Member
China
Rep
Drives: X1

I am thinking of modifying my x1 but have a few questions below:

My car is X1 18i MT made by BMW Huachen in 2013

1. I have ordered M- shift knob and can't wait experiencing it. According to the feedbacks of Performance shift knob used for 1,3 series, shift gear is faster than original kit.
2. My car is installed with halogen headlight, I have upgraded to xenon with angel eye kit but not in a very official way. It's just moving angel eye kit from 2012 to my current headlight shield. All I want is if I can upgrade my headlight to standard 2013 xenon headlight kit?
3. I found it a bit difficult to adjust the seat to a comfortable position and actually my back starts to feel pain after I've driven this car for a couple of weeks. My previous E87 120i is installed with the same seat and even manually adjusted, but I never feel the pain. Weird.
4. Can I upgrade my steering wheel to M-type? It must feels better than I feel now.

In addition, I post the thread via iPhone app but I can't add foto in it.
I tried to start a new topic in web page, but I don't get the permission.
Anybody can tell me how I can be fully activated so I can send foto together. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #2
Fastbuck
Private First Class
Scotland
Rep
Drives: F01 740d M Sport

Garage List
The M shift knob will make no difference whatsoever!

Swapping to the M steering wheel should be issue free.

Re the seat, make sure you've adjusted the lumber support properly. Someone changed mine on my F01 without me knowing and I felt crippled after 1 journey.

I'll leave others more knowledgeable on the subject to comment about the xenons.

Fastbuck
2012 F01 740d M Sport Alpine White Oyster/ Oyster
2013 E84 X1 1.8d M Sport Alpine White Black/ Black
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2013, 08:45 PM   #3
jiudia
Enlisted Member
China
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastbuck View Post
The M shift knob will make no difference whatsoever!

Swapping to the M steering wheel should be issue free.

Re the seat, make sure you've adjusted the lumber support properly. Someone changed mine on my F01 without me knowing and I felt crippled after 1 journey.

I'll leave others more knowledgeable on the subject to comment about the xenons.
Yes, only the m-knob will make no difference, but not with the lever. See pic.

Name:  ~E3~B}ISV%FC{6$)(]1BW(Y.jpg
Views: 1033
Size:  74.7 KB
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 10:01 AM   #4
abwmma
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1x

I got halogen in my 2013 X1 too. I don't want to open my headlight assembly. So I'm just waiting for after markert whole headlight assembly come out from Taiwan (cheaper route) or getting an OEM from a junk yard, Europe or China markert. Waiting game!
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
kabab123
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I ordered my 2014 X1 Sdrive with few options. The production of the vehicle is over. I didn't go for Harmon Kardon speakers. The standard speakers that come with X1 are good ? Is anyone regretting for not upgrading their speakers to HK ?
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 02:14 PM   #6
xyz100
Private
Rep
Drives: Challenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabab123 View Post
I ordered my 2014 X1 Sdrive with few options. The production of the vehicle is over. I didn't go for Harmon Kardon speakers. The standard speakers that come with X1 are good ? Is anyone regretting for not upgrading their speakers to HK ?
The stock sound system is awesome. No need for HK upgrade.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #7
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabab123 View Post
If you spell that name wrong, you're probably not very interested in HiFi, and it's likely not going to be worth it for you.
In my opinion, the main benefit of the upgraded system is that it brightens the treble. This is good if you listen to high quality CDs and WAVs with music with high treble (highhats, analog synth), but bad if you listen to highly compressed MP3s as it exposes the flaws inherent in the compression.
Don't let the Watt designation lead you to belive that the H-K is much louder. Marketing Watts have little to do with the actual loudness, and you won't get recognizable music much over 90 dB with either system. You'll get more power to the low end, but it'll still sound muddy at high volumes.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #8
GreatStarSe7en
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i Sport Line

for the xenon part, you can refer to this thread:
http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=829647
Appreciate 0