XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

09-13-2012, 11:10 PM   #1
df_crawler
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i Sport

New X1 xDrive28i

I had been looking for a new vehicle for several months now. I finally decided on the X1. I picked it up last Friday and so far I love it. I have been reading this forum for a while and it helped me to make my decision to buy it. Here are the details:
2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i
Sport Line
Jet Black
Coral Red Leather
Ultimate Package
Cold Weather Package
BMW Apps

I was going to order one, but this one showed up at the dealer. Wasn't sure about the red leather before I saw it in person, but I love it now. I do wish that it had the HK stereo upgrade, but other than that it is great.

2 things I had questions about:

1. Is it just me or do the tires on the Sport Line package look way too small for the wheels? It looks like they could have fit 235's or 245's on those wheels.

2. It did not have the Lighting Package, but it appears that it has the Ambient lighting option. it has the lights under the door handles and a setting option for ambient lighting in the settings. Did I just get lucky or are they now including the ambient lighting in the ultimate package?
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 03:08 AM   #2
X1MSPORT
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Congrats!

I'm glad to hear that you really like the coral red as I ordered an Alpine White X1 xDrive28i M Sport with Coral Red interior. Should arrive at my dealership no later than September 18th.

For question number 2, I would suggest you go to BMWVIN.com and input your VIN number. The ambiance lighting code is 563 (but it would be listed as "S563A" with a description of "Light package"--referring to this option only though and not the actual lighting package). Per my vehicle inquiry report (my vehicle order sheet), it only lists the ambiance lighting option within the Lighting Package (ZLP is the order code for this package).
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 04:19 AM   #3
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

Congartulations on the new ride, can we see some pictures please..
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:16 AM   #4
Jim2013X1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

I got the coral red also with the midnight blue and absolutely love it. The contrast is eye-catching. I also did NOT get the lighting package option but DO have the 'puddle lights' on the outside of the door handles and the ambiant lighting inside. My order was xDrive28i, Sport Line, Premium Pkg, Ultimate Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, and Satellite Radio. Had mine since Aug 15th and not a problem yet. You'll love it.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #5
df_crawler
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 xDrive28i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1MSPORT View Post
Congrats!

I'm glad to hear that you really like the coral red as I ordered an Alpine White X1 xDrive28i M Sport with Coral Red interior. Should arrive at my dealership no later than September 18th.

For question number 2, I would suggest you go to BMWVIN.com and input your VIN number. The ambiance lighting code is 563 (but it would be listed as "S563A" with a description of "Light package"--referring to this option only though and not the actual lighting package). Per my vehicle inquiry report (my vehicle order sheet), it only lists the ambiance lighting option within the Lighting Package (ZLP is the order code for this package).
I just looked up the VIN and it does not show the S563A option at all. I guess they accidentially added it. Why couldn't they have accidentially added the HK Surround option??? That is the only other option I wish it would have had. I think the stereo sounds good, but it really needs more bass.
Appreciate 0