Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

05-16-2024, 12:50 PM   #1
Jaap968
Registered
Rep
Drives: 535i xDrive Touring

Door pocket straps

Just got a first generation X1 xDrive28i besides the 535ix F11. Now in process of fixing some small issues. One of them is the straps in the front door pockets. These have stretched over time and look quite bad. However I seem unable to find replacements. Does every X1 have these straps or did they come as part of a storage package that also added nets on back of front seats etc. I could also just try to shorten the elastic strap but not sure I can just pry the clips/mounts out or need to take off the door panel.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-24-2024, 04:57 PM   #2
Iggypot
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Hi, I have the same issue.
I put a request on a Facebook forum and the consensus was that they are a fixed part if the door card, so the whole thing has to be replaced.
I’ve left mine alone, I think I’ll either try to clean them up in-situ, or if they really get on my nerves I’ll cut them off!
Mine are like yours and ‘saggy’….as a short term solution I’ve started to put something in the door bins, held in place with the straps. At least they are stretched and look neater!
Let me know what you decide to do.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2024, 09:43 AM   #3
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

I think they are standard or least they were for the 35i. There does not appear to be a separate replacement part for them on realoem but I only skimmed it real quick. I would imagine, though, that there was a way to pry out that particular subassembly as it would not have been made with the entire body of the door card.

I'd suggest removing the door card to get a look from the back. A short cut would be, as you suggested, trying to remove the plastic ferrules.

Or, to be really expeditious, put a clip on the elastic to take up the slack. It won't do anything for the 'roast beef' effect but would at least take up the slack.