03-01-2015, 03:08 PM   #1
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

2015 X1 - Build questions

Hello,

I am getting a little bit confused by the BMW website when I am building a new X1.

Are the headlight washers included in the lighting package or not?
Are they available on the X-Line and the M Sport package as well, or not?

Another question is, can I get heated seats and heated steering wheel in the 28i with M Sport package? What about 35i with M Sport package?
In the summary it says that you get them however in some pictures I have seen, you don't. so?

And third, If I want the tan interior, the headliner does not come with a tan color anymore? Only the dark?
My actual X1 is fully tan and I love it.

Thank you for the help.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #2
spydrz
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4, '15 i3

Garage List
06 330i  [7.00]
2002 X5 3.0i  [0.00]
2001 525i  [0.00]
I know for sure there is no heated steering wheel in the M-Sport...and I have headlamp washers in mine.
2013 X1 xDrive35i Alpinweiß/Schwarz/M Sport/Dinan Stage 2
*retired
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 04:33 PM   #3
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
There are no more headlight washers. The dark headliner only comes with the M-sport. The other model lines get a grey or tan depending on interior colours.

I thought I read in some BMW literature that the M-Sport wheel now comes heated. I could be wrong.

Which dealer are you planning to buy from? Calgary BMW or BMW Gallery?
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 06:56 PM   #4
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

You can get the heated seats and heated steering wheel with the M Sport. However, IIRC with the heated steering wheel you lose the paddle shifters and have to add them back in (???). The M Sport does not come with headlight washers - the other pkg do. That is for USA builds. YMMV.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2015, 11:51 PM   #5
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Thank you for your replies.

In the past the M package did not have the heated steering wheel.
I got used with it so I find it very useful when really cold outside.
I am not so sure, I learned that pictures can be more generic not really the real deal. However, the Summary in "Build and price" shows that there is a heated steering wheel.

In regards with the washers, I like them regardless that sometimes they can be more of a pest...
The pictures are really confusing.
Have a look at this thread, one of our members has a 35 M

I believe that now they offer the heated steering wheel but ditched the washers.. (?)

http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showt...=735928&page=2

Twix, the tan/beige interior is not offered anymore except in M Sport package, and even there the headliner is grey not tan.

I want to order another tan interior because I like it light, I love the light inside. I have other cars with black interior, I love something different.

The problem is, the M Sport packages have some colors that I am not so sure about.
I love my Sparkling Bronze Metallic due to its reflections, but they don't offer it anymore, and the browns that are available now are a little bit too strong for my taste.

I do have an offer for a brand new 35i M Sport Package in Valencia Orange but with black interior....

And I am really afraid that Valencia Orange is not for everyone, it is flashy in traffic () and might have a problem to resell it when the time will come.

Twix, I don't know where I am going to place an order but it might be everywhere, including Edmonton or even Vancouver. It seems to me that those guys in here are not open for business.

Last edited by Teutonic; 03-02-2015 at 12:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 09:42 AM   #6
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Go see Dan Gulin at Calgary BMW. He's the man, tell him I sent you.

As for tan interior, the only the sport lines (ZSL) don't have tan option. The X-line has beige (leatherette), saddle and oyster. All beautiful light colours. The leatherette comes with the light tan headliner. The rest come with a really light grey. The M-sports come with Anthracite, which is almost black.

The black interior of the M-sport is rather boring, no contrast stitching, and is the reason I went with the ZSL. M-sports are really limited in exterior colours as well. The only two "cool" options are Valencia and Le Mans. The rest is black and white.

They still offer the same sparkling bronze metallic as you have, but not for M-sport. The pictures on the website don't do many of the colour options much justice.

Headlight washers are unavailable in Canada. Apparently none of us wanted them, so BMW took them away to save a few bucks. I wish mine had them, driving in winter with cloudy lamps isn't much fun.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 10:44 AM   #7
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Hello Twix,

Mine has headlamp washers and are good.

So as you can see there si no tan headline if I want leather. I usually buy my cars fully loaded. Mine is tan everywhere, old style BMW, and I really like it, it is just beautiful inside. And I keep it really nice and clean.

There is no Sparkling Bronze Mettalic available. Where do you see that?
I think that you are confusing Sparkling Bronze metallic with Sparkling Brown Metallic. They are very very different. Brown is too strong for me.

One question since I can not see online:
Does somebody know, those oyster seats, what is the color of the plastic behind the front seats? Black or oyster?

Last edited by Teutonic; 03-02-2015 at 11:07 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 11:55 AM   #8
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

I dunno, car is up for replacement soon. If you must buy wait until new model is announced or just lease for a short term.

The X1 is pretty spartan, i suspect the newer model will see it enter the 21st century.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 12:24 PM   #9
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
The newer model will also be FWD, with available AWD. Probably of the Haldex type. Most likely offered with a 3 pot for the base model, and the N20 as the only other option. It may have more tech, but I suspect that it will lose it's driving characteristics. Tracus wants driving characteristics.

You're definitely right about the bronze. Cashmere silver might be a nice choice, however, unavailable on the M-sport.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 12:31 PM   #10
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
The newer model will also be FWD, with available AWD. Probably of the Haldex type. Most likely offered with a 3 pot for the base model, and the N20 as the only other option. It may have more tech, but I suspect that it will lose it's driving characteristics. Tracus wants driving characteristics.

You're definitely right about the bronze. Cashmere silver might be a nice choice, however, unavailable on the M-sport.
That is absolutely correct!
I want the driving dynamics of this car and the biased RWD in the summer.
If the new one will be Xdrive I will wait, but a FWD platform won't work so I don't want it.
Mine has 42000 km right now and it is in a wonderful shape. However, I was thinking to grab a new one now and keep it for another 4-5 years.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 12:36 PM   #11
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

42K? Where are you exactly?
Appreciate 0
      03-03-2015, 08:30 PM   #12
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
42K? Where are you exactly?
Are you interested in the car?
What milleage do you have?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 09:16 AM   #13
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Calgary is too far for starters but the other issue is I have a lease with 14 months still remaining so a touch out of your timeline.

I suspect the mrs will not stick with an X1 too, the interior is unbelievably cheap. In 18 months we have the Q3, MKC, GLA and baby Lexus on the table too.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2015, 04:57 PM   #14
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Calgary is too far for starters but the other issue is I have a lease with 14 months still remaining so a touch out of your timeline.

I suspect the mrs will not stick with an X1 too, the interior is unbelievably cheap. In 18 months we have the Q3, MKC, GLA and baby Lexus on the table too.
I am in no rush whatsoever, if is not gone by then you can give me a ring.

We will stick with the X1, we both love the car A LOT! Except if the new 1Series hatch AWD comes in, that might be an option.

I don't know why you call the interior cheap, mine is full leather and I find it very pleasant in every aspect and not cheap.

Not the last, I am not an AUDI fan plus the manager of one dealership is one of my neighbours, he does not suggest me in any way to buy one. However, do not like them.
Mercedes is out of question in every aspect from poor rust protection to design which we both hate with passion.
Lexus, again, not my passion, they are soulless and practically don't exist for me.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2015, 09:30 AM   #15
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

The base interior, and the one 90% seem to have, is leatherette. Then the dash is very 2007, which makes sense as it dates back to the 3 series from that era.

I think the new X1 is going to see the prices of the older one tumble as neurotic white women don't know FWD from ostrich eggs and will flock to the inevitable nicer interior and updated exterior.
Appreciate 0