Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

06-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Zoogleboogle
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240 xDrive (on order)

Alpine White X1 x28i - First New BMW :D

I have a bit of a family history with BMW's, my father has owned a whole bunch of them, and I inherited a 2005 325xi E46 as my first car (after our wrangler died which I learned to drive stick on). It was the best college car. Sadly - I was hit and run by a truck while doing 30 in a 35 through an intersection (Too bad I wasn't speeding, would have avoided him! lol..) I used the insurance $$$ to purchase a 2004 325xi, I didn't have a ton of time to shop around as I had no car until I bought one. It had about 90k miles on it, but was a certified pre-owned, and had the suspension, brakes, clutch, etc. all new. I'm at 115K on it now, and have been driving the same model car since I was 16 (so, 6 years). I'm a year out of college, working my butt off at a good job... and its time for a new car :P

I asked around at my dealer for any 2012 or 2013 lightly used x1's but none ever came in. I inquired again if they had any white or black ones come in, and they told me that they had a white 2014 xDrive28i nearly fully loaded option wise. Its was produced but not delivered (they were planning on using it as their showroom car at a different dealership and intercepted it for me) so it'll be here "early next week", I've waited about a month so far.

It is the x line, Alpine white w/ Terra interior, Dark Copper Trim, Cold Weather Package, Ultimate Package, and Lighting Package. Luckily no Servotronic (Drives me nuts, I love the heavy BMW feel I'm used to from my e46)

Ive never seen or heard of an alpine white w/ terra interior, should look pretty awesome

As for why I got the X1 - I absolutely love my 3 series, but need more room. I mountain bike, ski, and am active and usually need something in my car (and I hate roof racks). The X1 is the perfect combination of car and that little extra room to fit anything I need to.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #2
mkvigli
Add1ct
United_States
Rep
Drives: E85 Z4

Congrats. I have a '14 28i xLine on the way that's also AW w/ Terra. Ultimate Package and Lighting Packages as well. Great choice!
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2013, 11:04 PM   #3
Zoogleboogle
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 M240 xDrive (on order)

Nice color choice! :P
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2013, 08:19 PM   #4
Zoogleboogle
Enlisted Member