Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

06-28-2021, 06:01 PM   #1
neoone3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 xDrive

Prospective Repair Program for Timing Chain

Hey Folks,
How does the prospective repair program under the timing chain replacement lawsuit (https://timingchainmodulesettlement....mmon-Questions) work ?

My car has not yet had a timing chain replacement (50k miles).

However, the lawsuit does provide provisions for future repairs as indicated below:

Quote:
Prospective Repair Program: After the Effective Date, you may be eligible for full or partial coverage of the costs of future repairs to your vehicle’s timing chain module, oil pump drive chain module, or engine (if damaged due to a failure of the timing chain or oil pump drive chain modules) if the repair is performed at an authorized BMW Center and the Class Vehicle has less than 8 years or 100,000 miles in service (whichever comes first). Repair coverage will be scaled to vehicle age and mileage as follows:
So, do I have to take any action at this point with the lawsuit to obtain future benefit or can I stay put and still get this benefit of the Prospective repair program ?

Note that the last day to do this is June 30th 2021 (They had extended it from March 8)
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2021, 10:29 PM   #2
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

No issues, no nothing to do is the way I have read it. At this point you should probably be looking at the sold date for your vehicle. Though ours is a "2014" it was sold May 2013. So ours is SOL.
Appreciate 0