Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

11-21-2010, 11:35 AM   #1
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d Coupe

Has Anyone Received a Bluetooth (6NN) User Guide with their 2011 X1?

Is there anyone here with a MY2011 X1 (Non iDrive) model with the new 2011 Bluetooth hands-free facility (6NN) £200?

If yes, did you get a separate, specific User Guide for setting up the new (6NN) Bluetooth option? BMW seems to think that no user guide exists for this; however the 2010 main user guides refers to it.

Strange…

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2010, 05:31 PM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRS View Post
Is there anyone here with a MY2011 X1 (Non iDrive) model with the new 2011 Bluetooth hands-free facility (6NN) £200?

If yes, did you get a separate, specific User Guide for setting up the new (6NN) Bluetooth option? BMW seems to think that no user guide exists for this; however the 2010 main user guides refers to it.

Strange…
Hi LRS, I have the option 644 without iDrive on my MY11 X1 which is the same as the option 6NN except it comes with the cradle in the armrest. My dealer supplied me with a User Guide called Operating Instructions for Communication Systems which explains pairing and setting up the BTooth phone through the radio (25 pages) .

I cannot see how options 6NN's would be any different as they say in the booklet that the cradle is an option. Phone setup is the same with or without it.

Anyway the ref on the back of the booklet it is 01 41 2 601 035 en E8x/E9x Cell. Prep. It has a picture of a old red telephone booth on the front.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 03:39 AM   #3
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Hi LRS, I have the option 644 without iDrive on my MY11 X1 which is the same as the option 6NN except it comes with the cradle in the armrest. My dealer supplied me with a User Guide called Operating Instructions for Communication Systems which explains pairing and setting up the BTooth phone through the radio (25 pages) .

I cannot see how options 6NN's would be any different as they say in the booklet that the cradle is an option. Phone setup is the same with or without it.

Anyway the ref on the back of the booklet it is 01 41 2 601 035 en E8x/E9x Cell. Prep. It has a picture of a old red telephone booth on the front.
Hi Mario

Thanks for this.

Does this booklet also include instructions in how to set up Bluetooth for X1s without iDrive?

Thanks;

E92 335d SE Auto | Space Grey | Black Leather | 19” 230 Star Spoke | Comfort Access | Lumbar | Heated Seats | Black High Gloss Trim | Pro Nav | Assist | Bluetooth Telematics | Voice Control | High Gloss Shadow Line
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 05:58 AM   #4
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Hi Mario

Thanks for this.

Does this booklet also include instructions in how to set up Bluetooth for X1s without iDrive?

Thanks;
Hi, Yes, thats what I meant. The booklet is specifically for those without iDrive. Does not even mention iDrive in the booklet.

Whole thing is about using the phone through the normal radio controls and buttons on the wheel.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2010, 06:31 AM   #5
LRS
Dead Head
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Hi, Yes, thats what I meant. The booklet is specifically for those without iDrive. Does not even mention iDrive in the booklet.

Whole thing is about using the phone through the normal radio controls and buttons on the wheel.
Thanks Mario for double confirming.

Have asked dealer to order us the handbook using your part number and send it to us.

Thanks again

Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 04:33 PM   #6
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Mario for double confirming.

Have asked dealer to order us the handbook using your part number and send it to us.

Thanks again
You are welcome, have you recieved it yet?
Appreciate 0