Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

08-13-2023, 12:57 PM   #1
RSB2015
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW x1

Unlocking x1 sport mode

Hi all, I recently purchased my first bmw, a 2015 x1 xdrive35i M sport, and I love the car, but I noticed that it lacks the ability to put the transmission in sport or comfort mode. I have the eco pro, but that’s it.

I thought the m sport trim model would have the sport transmission mode available, but it appears that (at-least mine) lacks the option.

Is the sport mode option programmable or is it not worth it? I believe the regular sport mode is simply a software option, so could it be programmed in/unlocked with a tool like bimmer code? Or is there any other way to do it? I’m not as interested in sport + mode, but the comfort mode would be nice if it is even an option as well.

This is my first bmw so take it easy on me if I’m being an idiot, and take you a for the help
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2023, 01:48 PM   #2
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

While the transmission is in drive (D), you can slide the transmission knob/lever left. This switches to 'Sport'. You'll notice that the car will hold gears longer before up-shifting. There is no standalone button for this mode, unlike the Eco Pro button (aka the 'worthless-waste-of-space-that'll-never-be-used-in-my-car' button).

If, while in Sport, you use the flippy paddles on the steering wheel OR the transmission knob/lever to manually up or down-shift, the car will then be in Manual mode. This means you will need to manually up/down-shift from that point forward and the car will only shift when necessary to protect itself. You can exit Manual by moving the transmission knob/lever out of Sport.

You can use the flippy paddles when in Auto but the transmission will revert back to Auto several seconds after your manual gear change.

If not happy with either regular Auto, Sport, or Manual, there are aftermarket flash options, notably Alpina and XHP.
      08-28-2023, 06:17 AM   #3
Duchess22
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: %C2%91%E2%80%9911 e92 335i spo

This^

The xHP flash is nice. You can tune a bunch of features. Including D and S.

I have my D in a relaxed (Lower shift points). My S is a bit more aggressive.