XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

04-22-2014, 07:42 PM   #1
FstrThanYours
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 35i M Sport

JB4 and Alpina Transmission Flash

Just sold my E46 M3 and got through my X1's break in period.

I think I will be getting the JB4 mod and Alpina Transmission Flash soon. Any suggestions on where to purchase the JB4 and/or cord I'll need for the Alpina?

Any reasons I should consider getting something else or not doing one of these mods? My car is on a lease, so I can't go too crazy.

Thanks for input/suggestions.
      04-22-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

I don't have some input in regards with the technical part, but I strongly suggest to check your lease contract because from my knowledge, you are not allowed to make any changes to the car that is in lease. There are very few cosmetic add-ons that are allowed but even those are sometimes subject to removal. Your mods will not only affect your warranty, but you will find yourself in a position where you will be forced to buy the car at the end. BMW will not accept such mods, especially if they are not approved by them, and they will not want to have back a vehicle that was -from their point of view- "altered" in any way. You must give the vehicle back in the same way you have received it. If the mods are accepted by BMW then it's ok.
There are many people -including me- that would not buy a modified car; I am not saying that it might not be good, but many vehicles are very abused.

If you decide that you will buy it at the end anyway, then you can do it, but make sure you are still under warranty, and be convinced that you will keep it.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 08:46 PM   #3
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

the Alpina flash is a BMW software and 100% reversible. The JB4 is an add on and done on numerous vehicles, yours won't be the first lease, i'm opretty sure of that...If is easy to install and remove.

Several guys on the boards do coding... My alpina flash is great, you will not be disappointed.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2014, 09:13 PM   #4
wantm135i
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i m sport

your on the right track