XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

06-28-2010, 06:58 PM   #1
HORACE
England
Rep
Drives: X1

New 2011 Model X1

Does anybody know what mods/improvemnets or whatever have been made to the 2011 models of the X1? And are the changes on all cars produced from September onwards which I read somewhere (but now I cannot find it!).

Hoping for 7 digit postcodes and mirrors that fold automatically when locking the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 03:08 AM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by HORACE View Post
Does anybody know what mods/improvemnets or whatever have been made to the 2011 models of the X1? And are the changes on all cars produced from September onwards which I read somewhere (but now I cannot find it!).

Hoping for 7 digit postcodes and mirrors that fold automatically when locking the car.
Hi Horace, been trying to find out myself but my dealer says that they have not been told yet. He says all is to be revealed on 1 July so I will ask again then. I have deferred my build to the 2011 model year so hope there are some goodies in the bag. Not expecting much though as the car is pretty good as is and selling well. I just wish they improve the quality of some of the interior trim (eg instument binnacle and centre console) which is my only real gripe.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2010, 08:28 AM   #3
mrbelk
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i/6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Hi Horace, been trying to find out myself but my dealer says that they have not been told yet. He says all is to be revealed on 1 July so I will ask again then. I have deferred my build to the 2011 model year so hope there are some goodies in the bag. Not expecting much though as the car is pretty good as is and selling well. I just wish they improve the quality of some of the interior trim (eg instument binnacle and centre console) which is my only real gripe.
The quality of the interior plastics is the one thing that would really turn me off of this vehicle. It would be for my wife, and she really likes the exterior and interior design, but quality of the interior plastics is pretty bad. It's encouraging to note that BMW did just this with the X3 when it was released in 2004; by the 2005 model year, most of the interior plastics had been upgraded. Let's hope that they follow this same pattern with the X1.

-MrB
(ED 4/28/04) '04 545i Silver Gray/Beige
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 04:25 PM   #4
senwar
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 x20drive

Quote:
How long have you had to defer it by to get a MY2011?

I've got one on order that I don't want till September, and my current estimate is second week in September. However, may request a 2011 model year if I can?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2010, 04:34 PM   #5
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by senwar View Post
How long have you had to defer it by to get a MY2011?

I've got one on order that I don't want till September, and my current estimate is second week in September. However, may request a 2011 model year if I can?
Hi Senwar, mine was due late August with delivery 1 September (for the new 60 plates). I asked that my build be after the factory break which puts it into the 2011MY. No certainty though that it would include anything new, just be a '11 build with delivery end September. I got a good deal on mine so I am not too fussed but will post any new info I have on here. Should get an update in the next day or two.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 01:37 AM   #6
wyresoft
--X1--
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E84 X1 sDrive 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbelk View Post
The quality of the interior plastics is the one thing that would really turn me off of this vehicle. It would be for my wife, and she really likes the exterior and interior design, but quality of the interior plastics is pretty bad. It's encouraging to note that BMW did just this with the X3 when it was released in 2004; by the 2005 model year, most of the interior plastics had been upgraded. Let's hope that they follow this same pattern with the X1.

-MrB
Just to note - the plastics aren't good, but they're not too bad either. The one bit that I am very disappointed about (which we hadn't seen mentioned in any review!) is the edging on the parcel shelves which will be trashed very quickly - it really is poor and as they are bits that get a lot of 'use' will soon look tatty. The plastics won't ever see any use so whilst they are poor for BMW.....
      07-01-2010, 01:42 AM   #7
senwar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Hi Senwar, mine was due late August with delivery 1 September (for the new 60 plates). I asked that my build be after the factory break which puts it into the 2011MY. No certainty though that it would include anything new, just be a '11 build with delivery end September. I got a good deal on mine so I am not too fussed but will post any new info I have on here. Should get an update in the next day or two.
Thanks Mario. I ordered mine in May and requested it was delayed till September for the registration too.

Might give them a call and see what the position is. Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #8
1230vani
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: G05 40i LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbelk View Post

-MrB
I agree that is the one and only thing this car lacks (and at least one six cilinder diesel engine)
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
senwar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Thanks Mario. I ordered mine in May and requested it was delayed till September for the registration too.

Might give them a call and see what the position is. Thanks again.
Well - mine definitely won't be MY11. Actually got a call yesterday to say mine has arrived! 8 weeks early!!

Not decided if having it yet or whether to wait till Sept as originally planned/wanted. I'm speaking with the business manager tomorrow to see what they'll do to possibly sweeten the deal for me to collect early. It will be at least 2 weeks before I could get it so it's then only 6 weeks to wait. Just shocked at how quick it's arrived, as is the dealer. Any thoughts?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #10
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

Quote:
Well - mine definitely won't be MY11. Actually got a call yesterday to say mine has arrived! 8 weeks early!!

Not decided if having it yet or whether to wait till Sept as originally planned/wanted. I'm speaking with the business manager tomorrow to see what they'll do to possibly sweeten the deal for me to collect early. It will be at least 2 weeks before I could get it so it's then only 6 weeks to wait. Just shocked at how quick it's arrived, as is the dealer. Any thoughts?
Well good for you! Maybe they already had it produced with the eq you wanted? I'm 90 days away from my.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 09:18 AM   #11
senwar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kres7787 View Post
Well good for you! Maybe they already had it produced with the eq you wanted? I'm 90 days away from my.
I'm waiting for mine till September now. But can't see it have being readily available given I've gone for an unusual colour combo - well not unusual as such but there'll not be many (black sapphire/red brown leather)
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 09:27 AM   #12
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

Quote:
I'm waiting for mine till September now. But can't see it have being readily available given I've gone for an unusual colour combo - well not unusual as such but there'll not be many (black sapphire/red brown leather)
Hm yeah maybe that's the reason of such a long wait time.

Chrome roof lines? More people said those delayed the process.

What eq did you ordered? I'm going off topic I believe : | Is it also sDrive 18d?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2010, 10:13 AM   #13
senwar
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kres7787 View Post
Hm yeah maybe that's the reason of such a long wait time.

Chrome roof lines? More people said those delayed the process.

What eq did you ordered? I'm going off topic I believe : | Is it also sDrive 18d?
Its actually here already - I ordered it on the 16th May, and it arrived on the 5th July. However, I ordered it for a September delivery and am going to wait for it as I'll hold fire for the new reg. Was waiting to see if they'd sweeten the deal for me to take it now, but they've not called back so not fussed. I've ordered:

xDrive 20d
Black Sapphire
Red brown Nevada leather
Y spoke style 322 8/9Jx18 wheels
Sports seats
Cruise control
Heated seats
Xenons
Sun protection glass
Bluetooth connection
Electric folding mirrors with auto dimming
High gloss black trim

My only regret is not ordering the panoramic sunroof and now wish I'd added lumbar too - can't believe the seats don't come with it and the seats (same) in my 1 series M sport coupe are SO uncomfortable.

Going to have a look at it and check it over next weekend then will just wait till 2nd Sept to pick it up. I'm away with work quite a bit over next few weeks so it makes getting now pretty worthless - might as well hang on for the new reg.
Appreciate 0