XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

02-21-2017, 09:50 PM   #1
mgbm
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW X1 28i xDrive

HELP! Problems after accident repairs

Hello,

Long story short, my 2015 X1 28i xDrive was T-boned from the right; damaging right passenger door and right rear door. The car was repaired by a local BMW dealership's BMW collision center. Both right doors had to be replaced. At first, the repair seemed complete and flawless.

However 6 months later, I noticed occasionally both of my right doors (on separate occasions) would signal door ajar/open on the dashboard while driving/turned on. Whenever this signal is on, my doors will not lock. I would try to close the door during stop, but the signal would not go away. This symptom would disappear after a day or two.

Took it to the dealership and said they couldn't find any problem nor signal then simply turned me away. It really bugs me that my vehicle isn't repaired completely. Is there any way I can get my car repaired again?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 11:48 PM   #2
vstolpner
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 F39 X2 m35i

How often does it happen?

Try capturing it on video to show them the problem. They can't fix what they can't reproduce, but if you can show them what is happening then they can better assess the issue. Also, if the issue sticks around for a few days, then as soon as it happens head down to the dealership and explain the situation to them and show what is happening in person.

I know it's difficult and seems unfair but things go wrong during repairs.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2017, 11:20 AM   #3
themishmosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive35i

I would talk to the at-fault insurance company and also to the autobody repair shop. They owe it to you to fix it right. Your car already took a resale hit for being in a collision. I would consider escalating things if they say its not their problem because its been 6 months.
Appreciate 0