XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

02-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #45
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep
Drives: like I stole it! (11 m3 E93)

Quote:
Originally Posted by K19BMW
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
Yeah, you're right. I know I'm being overly critical. Maybe it's an Asian thang
Haha i understand. Im jewish so everytime I watch a sitcome staring jewish people I tend to do the same.

Also, and I could be wrong but from your picture you look like someone my friend showed me who did a video of a fake bookcase door. Is that you?
Haha, yeah that's my video! Hahahah!
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 10:52 AM   #46
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
haha ok, I thought it was. Pretty cool video!

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 10:55 AM   #47
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
haha ok, I thought it was. Pretty cool video!
Haha, thanks! That video was fun and it gave me the idea to do all my mods on video
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:03 AM   #48
K19BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi sedan

Garage List
Quote:
Haha, thanks! That video was fun and it gave me the idea to do all my mods on video
I just realized underneath your name you have a youtube page link. I thought the bookcase was a one time video, I didn't realize you had your own youtube channel.

Alpina B3 Flash, JB4 G5, BMS DCI, BMS OCC, VRSF DP, VRSF 7" FMIC, 30% tint, matte black kidney grills, paint matched e90 spoiler, paint matched front splitter, black finishing rods, BMW OEM Blacklines, Cyba air scoops, powder coated matte black wheels, Koni + Eibachs, more to come.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:04 AM   #49
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I just realized underneath your name you have a youtube page link. I thought the bookcase was a one time video, I didn't realize you had your own youtube channel
Hehe, yup
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #50
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

is this thing on hulu (not +) yet?
      02-17-2015, 03:52 PM   #51
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Watching S1E1 in it for 12minutes. I hope it gets better.....
      02-17-2015, 04:20 PM   #52
finaloption
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 f30 n26

is it better than Margaret Cho's sitcom back in the day? Because that was horrible..
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:23 PM   #53
CharleyGFX
"Best Since Best"
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 335i

I've read the book and have been following Eddie since the early 2008ish. Those who are not in the "underground" do not know much about him.. he's not really a hypebeast, the word is very misused now days, it use to just mean that we liked different things.. such as collection rare shoes or limited clothing. As far as the show goes, Eddie has said a couple times now that he's not 100 percent happy with how the show turned out, but it's still a good show.. it gave us Asians a voice and a sense of belonging. For a FOB like me, who moved to America at the age of 7 and grew up in Florida also, I went through everything he went through.. and it gave me a great feeling of belonging, like I wasn't the only Asian kid that loves hiphop, that I wasn't wrong for liking the things I did.

I've seen all 4 episode so far and gotta say that it's getting better and better every time, he's a very well spoken guy. If anyone is interested him, check out his show on the VICE youtube channel where he talks food and culture. He graduated with a law degree and passed the bar in New York, one of the hardest bar test in the country.. he's not just some random "hypebeast" who got lucky.. the human panda(he likes being refereed to as this) has put in work..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinzi View Post
Du maaaa.. Ill trade you some lint and com tam bi cha suong nuong cha gio, and some mam.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:51 PM   #54
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Hulu so far has Ep1 and 2.
Ep2 was much better than Ep1 for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyGFX View Post
I've read the book and have been following Eddie since the early 2008ish. Those who are not in the "underground" do not know much about him.. he's not really a hypebeast, the word is very misused now days, it use to just mean that we liked different things.. such as collection rare shoes or limited clothing. As far as the show goes, Eddie has said a couple times now that he's not 100 percent happy with how the show turned out, but it's still a good show.. it gave us Asians a voice and a sense of belonging. For a FOB like me, who moved to America at the age of 7 and grew up in Florida also, I went through everything he went through.. and it gave me a great feeling of belonging, like I wasn't the only Asian kid that loves hiphop, that I wasn't wrong for liking the things I did.

I've seen all 4 episode so far and gotta say that it's getting better and better every time, he's a very well spoken guy. If anyone is interested him, check out his show on the VICE youtube channel where he talks food and culture. He graduated with a law degree and passed the bar in New York, one of the hardest bar test in the country.. he's not just some random "hypebeast" who got lucky.. the human panda(he likes being refereed to as this) has put in work..
      02-17-2015, 07:35 PM   #55
DemolitionJim
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 MW M3

just missed this week's episode. i hope it is on demand tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 11:45 PM   #56
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

I watched today's episode and while I liked the plot, I sadly still don't think the casting is right.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 11:56 PM   #57
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I think the only one who's nice to stare at is the wife. Compared to Modern Family where there are more attractive people. I think where FOB lacks is that it is no modern enough. What I mean is that they should try to be a little more modern while showcasing the 90's.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:06 AM   #58
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22
I think the only one who's nice to stare at is the wife. Compared to Modern Family where there are more attractive people. I think where FOB lacks is that it is no modern enough. What I mean is that they should try to be a little more modern while showcasing the 90's.
I think it should either be in current day or really exaggerate the 90s more.
Yeah, the wife is pretty but obviously I don't care about that. Actually I think she's a little too pretty for that role.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:15 AM   #59
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, the wife is pretty but obviously I don't care about that. Actually I think she's a little too pretty for that role.
I agree that there seems to be a little conflict between trying to be modern and old. There should be a synergy between the two. I just find it a bit of a toss up when the wife is pretty but the rest of the cast is meh...already it doesn't match. Don't get me wrong. It's entertaining, just not that funny.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:38 AM   #60
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22
Quote:
I agree that there seems to be a little conflict between trying to be modern and old. There should be a synergy between the two. I just find it a bit of a toss up when the wife is pretty but the rest of the cast is meh...already it doesn't match. Don't get me wrong. It's entertaining, just not that funny.
I don't even think it's entertaining. I'm trying soooo hard to like it, and it shouldn't be that way.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 12:41 AM   #61
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I don't even think it's entertaining. I'm trying soooo hard to like it, and it shouldn't be that way.
Lol. Don't try too hard now. Just let it come naturally.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 05:10 PM   #62
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

E3 and 4 are on hulu.
Watching right now.
      02-18-2015, 05:41 PM   #63
grimlock
Colonel
Rep
Drives: F10 N52B30@255PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW F22 View Post
Lol. Don't try too hard now. Just let it come naturally.
smooth
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 06:24 PM   #64
Kwando
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

My friend and I were trying to figure out the real age of the mom (Constance Wu). Turn's out she's only 26!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 06:26 PM   #65
bimmette
YouTube.com/TvTara
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwando
My friend and I were trying to figure out the real age of the mom (Constance Wu). Turn's out she's only 26!
Whaaaat??!!!
Omg.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2015, 06:34 PM   #66
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep

Cattlemen's ranch stories are my favorite.