XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

08-12-2017, 05:55 PM   #1
JetCityMC
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1

Shiny black trim

Anyone have any close shots of the shiny black trim that I think is either Xline or above. I like the silver finishes I have but the black chrome look to me looks way better and I already have black roofrails. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2017, 05:57 PM   #2
Black Flagged
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JetCityMC View Post
Anyone have any close shots of the shiny black trim that I think is either Xline or above. I like the silver finishes I have but the black chrome look to me looks way better and I already have black roofrails. Thanks!
The shiny black trim you are talking about comes on the sport line not the X line. But you can trade those silver pieces out to the shiny black pieces but it could get pricey. I have the sport line and all of mine are black so what piece do you want a pic of and take a pic for you
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      08-14-2017, 01:43 AM   #3
JetCityMC
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grande Oso View Post
Quote:
The shiny black trim you are talking about comes on the sport line not the X line. But you can trade those silver pieces out to the shiny black pieces but it could get pricey. I have the sport line and all of mine are black so what piece do you want a pic of and take a pic for you
Thank you so much! I love the blackness of this car! Well, if possible the window trim, the bottom cowl thing by the exhaust and maybe the roof rails? What other interior trim are diff? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2017, 10:51 AM   #4
jinda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive35i M Sport

Quote:
Thank you so much! I love the blackness of this car! Well, if possible the window trim, the bottom cowl thing by the exhaust and maybe the roof rails? What other interior trim are diff? Thanks!
I dont know if there is a lot of difference in the interior trim between the Sport/M Sport and Xline aside from the ///M badge on the steering wheel and door sill and the black anthracite headliner on the M Sport package.

The black roof rail, aerodynamic bumpers and black dual pipe exhaust I think comes with the M Sport package.
      08-16-2017, 07:19 PM   #5
d1saster
Captain
Bulgaria
Rep
Drives: F15 N55 & E93 N51

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda View Post
I dont know if there is a lot of difference in the interior trim between the Sport/M Sport and Xline aside from the ///M badge on the steering wheel and door sill and the black anthracite headliner on the M Sport package.
M steering wheel, sport seats, availability of of red leather
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2017, 10:49 PM   #6
0w40X1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1 s28i M Sport

Quote:
For $250. I could have ordered my X1 s28i M sport with silver Aluminum rails.

I store my wheelchair in trunk, and use the nice BLACK rails to help walk around car. I can't even believe someone took their black rails off, and they said it was difficult.

I paid only $3500 for M sport and $550 for mineral white.

Still not missing any thrill. LESS is MORE!
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
jinda
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by d1saster View Post
M steering wheel, sport seats, availability of of red leather
Yeah mention the steering but forgot about the most important upgrade of having the M/Sport which is the sport seat

I didnt know you can only get the red interior on the M/sports models.
      10-10-2017, 09:54 AM   #8
blackx1x35
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1 xdrive35i

Quote:
I just purchased the same vehicle and the chrome parts are driving me nuts! How did you black out the grill? Did you purchase a replacement OEM in all black? Or did you powder coat / plast-dip. How about the wheels? I am trying to achieve the same blacked out look.

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2017, 09:59 AM   #9
Black Flagged
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

Thank you[/QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackx1x35 View Post
Quote:
I just purchased the same vehicle and the chrome parts are driving me nuts! How did you black out the grill? Did you purchase a replacement OEM in all black? Or did you powder coat / plast-dip. How about the wheels? I am trying to achieve the same blacked out look.

Thank you
You can get them from the dealer also, they are the performance grill. Yes I did powder coated the wheels. It took about a week and $320 to do it.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2017, 11:10 AM   #10
der_kommissar
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 Midnight Blue X1 xDrive28

Garage List
2007 328i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinda View Post

The black roof rail, aerodynamic bumpers and black dual pipe exhaust I think comes with the M Sport package.
There are some differences in interior trim for 2015, but not for earlier models. The instrument cluster cowl and the dashboard trim on sport, xline, and mSport (cowl only) differ from the 2015 base and from earlier trim packages.
Appreciate 0