Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-09-2010, 04:24 AM   #1
lxl
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: iX3

Warning sounds

Is there any way to disable all the warning sounds which occur while driving? Eg, when the boot lid isn't closed properly, when I unbuckle the seat belt before the engine is turned off? They are driving me insane!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 07:16 AM   #2
Nedlands
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 CF Comp, 2010 23 X1

ditto.
At least make them quieter
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 11:10 AM   #3
El_GrindCore
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d

In Spain is forbidden to drive with both the boot open or the belts unlocked... so I hope not to get "assaulted" by the beepers :/
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 02:20 AM   #4
bjotings
Norway
Rep
Drives: X1

In the general vehicle settings in the Idrive menu system you can adjust the signal tone to a lower volume for all the warnings. I think it is OK to get a warning if the boot is open allthough the factory pre-configured volum is a bit too loud - so I simply changed it.

I guess you can change these settings on cars without the Idrive system as well.

RE
BT
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
nathan35
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18d

I have the same problem, tried to lower the volume with the idrive but it is impossible to turn it off!! All those sounds drive me crazy: when the temperature goes below 0deg C, when the cruise control goes off, when I don't put the belt, when boot does not close, what else?? I also have the park assist together with the idrive screen, so I wanted to turn off the sound of the park assist, but it also seems impossible. I have a small child who wakes up everytime one of the aforementioned events happen...
Also, on a slightly different subject: anybody knows how to permanenty turn off the cabin light when opening the doors? It seems the cabin light button only allows to switch light off when the light is already on, but next time you open the door, the light goes on again... again, very annoying when you try to have someone sleep in the car!

I'd be very grateful for any ideas!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #6
boxy
Rep
Drives: E46 E84 E87 R56

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindam View Post
Is there any way to disable all the warning sounds which occur while driving? Eg, when the boot lid isn't closed properly, when I unbuckle the seat belt before the engine is turned off? They are driving me insane!
Hello Mate,

The BMW computer, ISTAP can program driver side seat belt warning off.. Simply go for your dealer and ask them to code the modification, turn seat belt memory off..

As for boot warning, the only way not to listen to it is to turn the wanring volume down.....
Appreciate 0