Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

03-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #133
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium View Post
What is really weird with these threads is that it is never started by an M3post member... I don't think any of us would ever start a thread within our sub-form saying that we could totally beat an X1. Or... I just totally destroyed an Opel Vectra on the Autobahn.

But that's exactly what happened.

Nobody started a thread here stating that the X1 could beat a M3. I made an offhand comment in a post which caused a M3 post member to create a new thread in his own subforum about it called "His X1 can take your M3." The non-sarcastic way to read that thread title is, "Your M3 can take his X1 - and it's funny he thinks otherwise." If that's NOT the case, than a lot of M3 owners sure misunderstood it - coming here to threadcrap, and all.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:03 PM   #134
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Yes, I can find tons of faster cars, you can mod less expensive cars that will destroy a stock M3.
(cough) VW Polo (cough)

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #135
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
Okay - one power adding mod which is what every rational adult understood the meaning to be. I could remove the chargepipe and still be faster than a M3. Wouldn't last very long, but hey - you seem to be into technicalities.

Yes, did you miss the dyno sheet I posted of a N55 with a JB4 ISO on Map 5? 370whp. That's 100whp over what a stock N55 produces. The only thing that car had that mine didn't was a BMS intake, which is good for maybe 2whp....if anything.

Fallacies? As I said earlier, it's up to you to find magazines that have raced both the X1 and the M3. I looked hard but Edmunds is all I could find, and we all know that comparing times against tracks at different elevations is stupid.

And P-zero's are Max Performance tires, not performance tires. My bad! I'm glad you pointed that out though, as it only further helps my case.

Anything else?
It's very difficult to discuss with you - the arrogance, as well as the limited comprehension (maybe its just the internet and things not conveying right) is tough.

Here's the bottom line and the point you missed. You have a tune on an otherwise stock N55, right? You say 100whp right? And per your post, that 100whp is good for "a full second" off of the stock 1/4, which should apparently be enough to beat an M3...again based upon your extensive experience....researching. other peoples cars. that you dont own or drive. on the internet.

From JB's website:

Stage 1:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the people who made the tune you have
This plug and play tuner attaches to four easy to access sensors in the engine bay and works with your factory DME tuning to remap your boost, timing, and fueling for optimal performance and reduced turbo lag. Power gains on an otherwise stock car are up to 50hp and 60tq to the wheels. Installation is very discrete and it quickly removes without a trace when needed. Fuel economy during normal driving is unchanged.
Stage2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by the people who made the tune you have
How about up to 60hp to the wheels (80hp crank) on a completely stock car or up to 100hp to the wheels (120hp crank) on a fully modified car? The JB4 features a simple plug and play installation harness and built in deletion of hidden "tuner detection" codes. Compatible with all ECU versions. With over 10,000 in use and tens of millions of customer miles driven the JB has proven time and time again to be the safest and easiest way to extract the true potential from your BMW turbo!

So regardless of your posted dynos, the manufacturer of this tune themselves says less.

But regardless....frankly I could be wrong there, maybe their site is out of date, maybe it's a different map or whatever. I don't know these cars as well as just about anyone on this thread. So have at it.

However what I DO know is a magazine racer when I see one. All you have done is post up other peoples dynos, other people's timeslips, and the tirerack ad is literally laughable, I won't even go there other than to say if you go to any form of performance event (drag, autox, rr, etc) the only p-zeros you are going to see are in the parking lot. Calling them a performance tire as if you have some serious rubber is going to get you laughed at, and maybe even kicked off of the track depending on the type of event. But it's OK, enjoy your tirerack classification if it makes you happy that you have "performance" tires.

Here's what you could do - instead of posting everyone else's results, go to the track yourself. Go to the dyno yourself. Go do something yourself other than brag about hypothetical kills. Then we'll gladly listen.

Until then, all we see is an arrogant blowhard boasting about his dreams of conquering cars in other classes to make himself feel better about what he drives.

Last edited by rory breaker; 03-04-2013 at 03:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #136
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
It's very difficult to discuss with you - the arrogance, as well as the limited comprehension (maybe its just the internet and things not conveying right) is tough.
I have limited comprehension? Either you can't read or you're being blatantly willfully ignorant. Look below:

Quote:
Here's the bottom line and the point you missed. You have a tune on an otherwise stock N55, right? You say 100whp right? And per your post, that 100whp is good for "a full second" off of the stock 1/4, which should apparently be enough to beat an M3...again based upon your extensive experience....researching. other peoples. cars. on the internet.

From JB's website:

So regardless of your posted dynos, the manufacturer of this tune themselves says less.

But regardless....frankly I could be wrong there, maybe their site is out of date, maybe it's a different map or whatever. I don't know these cars as well as just about anyone on this thread. So have at it.
LOL, the dyno I posted was from the people that made my tune as well! Notice the www.burgerturning.com on top?It's on Map 5 with the new ISO firmware. Look, it's clear you don't have any understanding of N55 tuning - and that's OK, it's not your car. Look at the dyno for yourself - 100hp to the wheels.

Quote:
the only p-zeros you are going to see are in the parking lot. Calling them a performance tire as if you have some serious rubber is going to get you laughed at, and maybe even kicked off of the track depending on the type of event.
That is ridiculous. P Zero's are allowed at pretty much any kind of track that don't require r compounds. They're not performance slicks, but to insinuate there are no traction gains over all seasons is downright ignorant.

Quote:
Here's what you could do - instead of posting everyone else's results, go to the track yourself. Go to the dyno yourself. Go do something yourself other than brag about hypothetical kills. Then we'll gladly listen.
Hard to do when the track isn't open. I've already said I will once it does, and I've even invited an M3 owner to race me on video. Curiously, so far nobody has taken me up on my offer.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 03:32 PM   #137
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep

I see you posting a dyno with other mods. I guess in some wild scheme to minimize their revenue and ensure fewer customers adopt their products, Burger has decided to claim LESS power...40%+ less power, on their own website. Is that right?

My point on the p-zeros is, just like your link to dynos of other peoples cars, and other peoples timeslips, you use a tirerack classification to convey how badass your "performance tires" are. Like we're in Gran Turismo on the original playstation or something - "stage 1 performance tires equipped!" In the realm of REAL performance tires, those do not exist. And you putting up a tirerack classification only proves the point we're trying to make - stop magazine racing and go back up these claims of yours.

Go to the track, looking fwd to the results. Go to the dyno, as long as they aren't closed during the winter either...

I'm out. It's a great car, good luck, have fun.

Last edited by rory breaker; 03-04-2013 at 03:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #138
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I see you posting a dyno with other mods. I guess in some wild scheme to minimize their revenue and ensure fewer customers adopt their products, Berger has decided to claim LESS power...40%+ less power, on their own website. Is that right?
There are no other mods besides an intake. Are you seriously claming an intake makes big power? If so, you're about to get laughed at.

Quote:
My point on the p-zeros is, just like your link to dynos of other peoples cars, and other peoples timeslips, you use a tirerack classification to convey how badass your "performance tires" are. Like we're in Gran Turismo on the original playstation or something - "stage 1 performance tires equipped!" In the realm of REAL performance tires, those do not exist. And you putting up a tirerack classification only proves the point we're trying to make - stop magazine racing and go back up these claims of yours.
No, my point with the P Zero's is that they are better performing than all season tires on the track. There are plenty of more aggressive tires out there, including the PS2's that many run on the M3. But I never said they are the best tires on earth; merely that they are performance tires (which they undoubtedly are are) and that they will yield improved times at the strip over all seasons.

Are you really going to try to dispute that?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 03:41 PM   #139
rory breaker
Private First Class
Rep

Nope, not disputing anything. Go to the track. Go to a dyno. Race someone in reality and post the video. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 03:43 PM   #140
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Nope, not disputing anything. Go to the track. Go to a dyno. Race someone in reality and post the video. Good luck.
No AWD dyno's within a 2 hour drive of me (Columbus and Louisville are closest).

I've invited M3's to race, but so far no takers. Let's try again - any stock M3's like to race at Edgewater?
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 04:44 PM   #141
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 11 spc gry m3 e90, 19 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3
Quote:
No AWD dyno's within a 2 hour drive of me (Columbus and Louisville are closest).

I've invited M3's to race, but so far no takers. Let's try again - any stock M3's like to race at Edgewater?
I've said I'd race, and to the idiot, not the OP, who said the E9x M3 is a disappointing version from M, what have you been reading/watching. I can smoke just about anything with this PIG, because I know how to drive it, on a road course, and until about a year ago, nothing came close to it on the track. Why has it won every shoot out and comparison it has been in? Because its a great car! Seriously, this forum is ridiculous... I live in Chicago, downtown, I'll give out my address and welcome anybody to come and talk all this smack in person! This passive aggressive Internet shit is ridiculous! I will be at most of the racetracks around the Midwest this summer and will post my schedule as soon as I know, so any of you clowns can come find me! Please!!! I am mostly at Autobahn in Joliet, IL, but can be found at Road America, Gingerman, Putnam, Blackhawk Farms, even as far as VIR... Where should we meet... And after that we can play basketball, pool, poker, arm wrestling, boxing, MMA, Jenga, checkers, whatever...for pink slips
      03-04-2013, 04:47 PM   #142
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5406spd
Quote:
For the record, I am rooting for the OP since I'm a fan of modding and tuning, so I'm def hoping he will win any run. And yes, a stock C63 will beat a stock M3, but that is not what the M3 is all about. It is probably the best car to drop off the kids at school and go to the track right afterwards. You will be hard pressed to find any car (in any price range) that will do that better.

What is really weird with these threads is that it is never started by an M3post member... I don't think any of us would ever start a thread within our sub-form saying that we could totally beat an X1. Or... I just totally destroyed an Opel Vectra on the Autobahn.

Again saying that a stock M3 is slow is like saying the moon isn't far away from earth.... compared to what? Mars?

correct i guess its just slow compared to what I'm used to driving, Just getting excited about a car that pulls the numbers the M3 does and someone having the audacity to challenge cars like theirs is some sort of speed rocket is ridiculous, IMHO and several articles the m3 fell short of keeping up with current vehicles it claims to be a part of, example supposedly the new Subaru Brz is a wonderful driving car and its price is very affordable and the magazines praise it on value and quality of the driving experience, the m3 was praised on neither..mercedes makes no claims on value but does claim performance which it delivers, the m3 claimed performance and it fell short and fell short in the value area, again in my opinion and several articles, even the Bimmer magazine states the e92 M3 fell short of customers expectations, citing that previous m products have the fun factor if not performance, like i said good luck to you, don't worry be happy!
Slow compared to what you drive? You mean the X1
      03-04-2013, 04:55 PM   #143
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5406spd
Quote:
:

Dude, that post is laughable.
the post is laughable, thinking a e92 M3 is a fast car at all is funny! Its a slug! As long as your happy with one, who cares! I'm just glad I never purchased one, and the costs to modify one is horrific, $$ vs. hp! Buy a 335 spend a grand and you will have a faster, fun driving car! oh and get better gas mileage too. I also doubt your claims of a X1 35i with a few mods not being able to beat a stock M3, I wont know for sure until my down pipes are installed and get it tuned on a dyno, but a 0-60 time of 4.8 sec (Bmw claims) and 4.6 (most road tests claim) is not that impressive or hard to beat, hell the new chrysler srt8 300c does a 4.5 0-60, hell even my old 2004 e55 was 4.2 0-60 stock, 12.2 1/4 mile, when i had it renntech modified it was 3.3 0-60 and 11.2 1/4 mile, so you are correct it is laughable that one would think a stock e92 m3 is fast at all....
And I will crush all those cars on a road course... So yeah, it's pretty fast
      03-04-2013, 05:06 PM   #144
paradoxical3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by klammer View Post
I've said I'd race, and to the idiot, not the OP, who said the E9x M3 is a disappointing version from M, what have you been reading/watching. I can smoke just about anything with this PIG, because I know how to drive it, on a road course, and until about a year ago, nothing came close to it on the track. Why has it won every shoot out and comparison it has been in? Because its a great car! Seriously, this forum is ridiculous... I live in Chicago, downtown, I'll give out my address and welcome anybody to come and talk all this smack in person! This passive aggressive Internet shit is ridiculous! I will be at most of the racetracks around the Midwest this summer and will post my schedule as soon as I know, so any of you clowns can come find me! Please!!! I am mostly at Autobahn in Joliet, IL, but can be found at Road America, Gingerman, Putnam, Blackhawk Farms, even as far as VIR... Where should we meet... And after that we can play basketball, pool, poker, arm wrestling, boxing, MMA, Jenga, checkers, whatever...for pink slips
You're not even close to stock, you would beat my X1 easily.

Also please don't confuse me with guy claiming the M3 is a "slug." I love the M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 05:09 PM   #145
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradoxical3 View Post
You're not even close to stock, you would beat my X1 easily.

Also please don't confuse me with guy claiming the M3 is a "slug." I love the M3.
I'm not, I tried to make the distinction. I'm actually looking at the X1 now as it looks like a nice ride
      03-04-2013, 11:32 PM   #146
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw X1 35i X-Line

Quote:
Slow compared to what you drive? You mean the X1
I have owned many cars over the years, so I have driven plenty of exotics, cars some could only dream of driving and let alone owning, and i do know how to drive, i have driven in imsa and iroc series as a hobby, road america, road atlanta, watkins glen..etc..so im very familair with road race courses and such, so im pretty sure i am qualified to know how to drive a car hard and push past its limits, one of my close friends is Hurley Haywood, so maybe im comparing the m3 to overly agreesive cars, all im saying is i was not at all impressed with the car, i was all set to buy it and PASSED, i felt it was a heavy slug, but tomorrow i will go borrow one from my buddy and keep it for a day to see if i was wrong, off the floor AMG cars are far superior IMO, could care less about price i paid 147k for my s63, which is way too expensive but one thing about it i was never disappointedmafter purchase, in an AMG i was always pleasently suprised...

Last edited by bmw5406spd; 03-05-2013 at 01:13 AM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      03-04-2013, 11:38 PM   #147
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

bmw5406spd, why'd you switch to driving low end BMWs, VWs, and Kias?
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 01:10 AM   #148
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

[QUOTE=nospam;13583881]bmw5406spd, why'd you switch to driving low end BMWs, VWs, and Kias

Thats not the only cars I own, just the latest ones, what difference does that make? I like the X1 and i got it for a steal, paid $36k for it with 1400 miles, window stixker was qt $50k, i got offered a $2500 profit the day i bought it from a customer at the bmw dealer where i took delivery, they were looking at it but they held it for me, and i would not say $40k cars are low end, i use the kia everyday in business and it is a wonderful fun suv, at $30k its a no brainer, went out to buy a cheap suv and was going to buy a newer glk mercedes to replace mine and the kia dealer had one with a few thousand miles on it and salesman said i should drive the sportage, i laughed and said yeah right a Kia! but i did drive it and with turbo power and all the options you get at $31k i was sold, the exotic market is very soft market now and you can buy deals everywhere, bought a 04 Lamborghini Gallardo for $50k a few weeks ago, have a 1980 ferrari 308 Gtbi with 2,800 miles, you can only drive one car at a time and at 56 i'm trimming down my stable and not adding too much unless i find a steal, once you've driven almost everything neat out there its gets boring, and ones in storage, that sit around and you don't drive break and are hard to maintain....ive sold off 1/2 my collection the last 3 years...man didn't mean to start a war on here but i cant stand someone talking about how bad there car is then start naming off all the mods they have done, of course any car you mod if done right performs way better then stock, the new M3 never excited me, i could not wait for them to hit the ground to get one, and like i said once i drove it i liked my older e46 m3 better, and to me it was over priced for what you get, i paid $136k for a 2008 clk 63 black series that i never got to drive, bought it over the phone from houston tx. and when i finally got it and drove it i was not impressed and sold it 1 week later with 84 miles on it, it was a beautiful car but very disappointing, let alone i lost $18k on it in a week, but i had to have it...lol...anyways i enjoy the x1 great looking car and fun, i probably should have bought the new audi s6 but i could not find one in my area, and these 35i cars with the mods you can do are a blast to drive and this is the first awd Bimmer vehicle ive had the chance to own, so far i like it, when the audi rs6 wagon comes here i will get one of those..anyways happy motoring....
      03-05-2013, 08:25 AM   #149
CIWS
Moon Parasite
United_States
Rep
Drives: F98 X4M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5406spd View Post
Thats not the only cars I own, just the latest ones, what difference does that make? I like the X1 ....snip
I got some questions too about switching "down" from the X6 to the X1

Tell them all the same thing, go drive one, especially Sport / M Sport and see if they don't enjoy it. They had my X6 for a week working on it and I got an X1 Sport as a loaner. I was surprised at it and after a week's difference in gas mileage I started looking at them. In my case the 35i with N55 will offer more mod potential, for overall less cost than the X6 and should be a faster vehicle.

2020 X4M Comp. (currently stock) - Was 2015 335 MSport -MPPK -Borla ATAK -Dinan Sport+ - E.R. Charge pipe / 2013 X1 35i Sport - Dinan tune / 2009 X6 50i Dinan badged
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 10:11 AM   #150
klammer
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Plutonium
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5406spd View Post
I have owned many cars over the years, so I have driven plenty of exotics, cars some could only dream of driving and let alone owning, and i do know how to drive, i have driven in imsa and iroc series as a hobby, road america, road atlanta, watkins glen..etc..so im very familair with road race courses and such, so im pretty sure i am qualified to know how to drive a car hard and push past its limits, one of my close friends is Hurley Haywood, so maybe im comparing the m3 to overly agreesive cars, all im saying is i was not at all impressed with the car, i was all set to buy it and PASSED, i felt it was a heavy slug, but tomorrow i will go borrow one from my buddy and keep it for a day to see if i was wrong, off the floor AMG cars are far superior IMO, could care less about price i paid 147k for my s63, which is way too expensive but one thing about it i was never disappointedmafter purchase, in an AMG i was always pleasently suprised...
Man, Keith and I would love to meet up with you at a track and show you what the M3 does. See, we are actually not arm chair racers... we do it. So again, that's where the real life test and facts come in.

But let me ask you... and I'm seriously curious... how do you go from owning all these exotics, and the S63, to driving a KIA? Bad divorce? Bad stock gamble?

Oh, and you found the CLK 63 Black Series unimpressive? It's not a great car on the track, but at the drag strip it is monster... so, since you guys are all about the straight line speed, this car wasn't to your liking? LOL!
Sure would Philip
      03-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #151
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

Quote:
Man, Keith and I would love to meet up with you at a track and show you what the M3 does. See, we are actually not arm chair racers... we do it. So again, that's where the real life test and facts come in.

But let me ask you... and I'm seriously curious... how do you go from owning all these exotics, and the S63, to driving a KIA? Bad divorce? Bad stock gamble?

Oh, and you found the CLK 63 Black Series unimpressive? It's not a great car on the track, but at the drag strip it is monster... so, since you guys are all about the straight line speed, this car wasn't to your liking? LOL!
Buddy go see a phycologist you've got issues or as you put it "real life issues!", i domlive in real lofe, lol..thats why i like track racing, all you clowns that think you can race wouldn't know what to do at 145 mph coming into a 90 degree turn from a staight away, proably piss your pants, oh yeah we all have buddies, lol....i'll go get mine, too, lol...no the clk 63 was not to my liking, like i said i've got plenty of other cars to drive, and yes i actually enjoy the Kia, but i can drive the Gallardo if i want, i guess you don't have that luxury tomdo that...lol..i could care less what you think of me..my dad had millions and drove a ford escort every day til he died and he could have drove whatever he chose to, i never judge anyone by what they have, you're a fool if you do, so keep your anchor of a car sorry i mean M3 slug and go back to the m3 forum that you love so much, why waste your time here with all us low life losers that drive inferior cars to your road race m3, don't you have a race to drive in Mario, you probably live in a $300k house so you can cut corners to keep your slug M3, or are you going to pull the one BS line "well at least mine is paid for" i can tell you mine are not paid for my bank finances every one of my purchases, i use their money at 1.9%, and earn 3.5% on my small investment $$$, so i actually make money when i buy something, so none of mine are paid for, not trying to act better then everyone else but you my friend are not even close....lol
      03-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #152
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

Quote:
And I will crush all those cars on a road course... So yeah, it's pretty fast
What part?
      03-05-2013, 06:25 PM   #153
kozzi
Pygocentrus Piraya
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW X3MC

Garage List
2021 BMW X3MC  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kozzi View Post

2021 BMW X3MC
Donington Grey Metallic / Sakhir Orange & Black Extended Merino Leather / Aluminum Carbon Structure
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #154
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

To think the thread started as a Volvo vs. an X1, look what its evolved into!