Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-03-2010, 04:33 PM   #1
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

Delayed order / No money return on cancel

Hi,

As things go in Croatia, I'm not in the best position. I've ordered X1 about 4 months ago. It was supposed to be delivered after 3 months. At the moment, it's about 1 month late. It's uncertain and supposed to come within 1 more extra month. Hence a total of around 5 months without any certainty.

I want to cancel the order but the seller (unofficial BMW store) isn't too willing to give the money back. He said that he also gave the money for my order and would need to wait until somebody else orders something from him to get my money back. Total BS.

So far, it was all friendly and civilized as the guy was also supposed to buy my own current car under the price of the new one. So it was all great, other then the fact it got a big delay, and it wont be easy or maybe possible to get my 7000 EUR prepayment back.

So, I thought I could use some opinions if there are some geniuses in here.

I'm fed up and my next moves are going to be less civilized. Legal of course. But at the point I start doing that, I presume getting my money will be impossible.

Keep in mind that I live in Croatia. Our legal system is fair, but takes few decades per case.

In any case, thanks for any input!
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 12:12 PM   #2
mozdal
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kres7787 View Post
Hi,

As things go in Croatia, I'm not in the best position. I've ordered X1 about 4 months ago. It was supposed to be delivered after 3 months. At the moment, it's about 1 month late. It's uncertain and supposed to come within 1 more extra month. Hence a total of around 5 months without any certainty.

I want to cancel the order but the seller (unofficial BMW store) isn't too willing to give the money back. He said that he also gave the money for my order and would need to wait until somebody else orders something from him to get my money back. Total BS.

So far, it was all friendly and civilized as the guy was also supposed to buy my own current car under the price of the new one. So it was all great, other then the fact it got a big delay, and it wont be easy or maybe possible to get my 7000 EUR prepayment back.

I'm fed up and my next moves are going to be less civilized. Legal of course. But at the point I start doing that, I presume getting my money will be impossible.

Keep in mind that I live in Croatia. Our legal system is fair, but takes few decades per case.

If I were I won't waste 4 months of waiting and 7000 Euros by not waiting an extra month. But make sure the car arrives in a month. If not, I think you have to find a good lawyer. Hope everything gets sorted out
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
aris
Second Lieutenant
Greece
Rep
Drives: X1 xdrive 23d

Garage List
tell them to give you the test drive X1 while you wait your own X1..
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 11:13 AM   #4
DrawingArt
Private
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dT xDrive M-Sport

Hey. You should get the car from them in aprox. same value until yours come. I got 320d xDrive for 1 month of free use from the day of delay and on ... They offered it by themselves...
      11-07-2010, 11:43 AM   #5
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks for the thoughts guys. Problem is that I already got a car, and they are taking my current old car for this new X1. So it's "in & out" system. Can't really ask for the replacement hence as it wouldn't make much sense. Especially since their car saloon has absolutely no cars at the moment... Other then a Peaugot 407.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #6
tompak23d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX M60

This seems no good. Is it a dealer you can trust? Can you check the dealers economical status? Here in Sweden we have free websites to check out these things. Doesnīt seem right that you have to wait this long. Why did you have to prepay for the car?
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 03:22 AM   #7
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your problems. Sorry if its a dumb question but don't you have main BMW dealer in Croatia?
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2010, 04:46 PM   #8
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompak23d View Post
This seems no good. Is it a dealer you can trust? Can you check the dealers economical status? Here in Sweden we have free websites to check out these things. Doesnīt seem right that you have to wait this long. Why did you have to prepay for the car?
I've never "worked" with them before so can't say that I can trust them. They have a saloon in the center of this town so they're legit.

We must prepay for orders of cars here. Don't you have to do that in Sweden? Because people could easily just drop the orders? Sounds reasonable to prepay but would of course be much better for customers to not have to do it. But if that exists in the civilized world, I'm sure that Croatia is a few decades away from it. But maybe I didn't explain it well. I've prepaid "only" 20% of the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Sorry to hear about your problems. Sorry if its a dumb question but don't you have main BMW dealer in Croatia?
Yes we have an official BMW dealer, but this unofficial dealer gave me an option to drive my current car until the new one arrives, and they are taking my current car for within the price of the new one (cheaper then what I would sell it for privately of course but...). Also had extra 2% discount with them. 9% total.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 10:17 AM   #9
tompak23d
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: iX M60

Quote:
We must prepay for orders of cars here. Don't you have to do that in Sweden? Because people could easily just drop the orders? Sounds reasonable to prepay but would of course be much better for customers to not have to do it. But if that exists in the civilized world, I'm sure that Croatia is a few decades away from it. But maybe I didn't explain it well. I've prepaid "only" 20% of the car.
No, we never prepay in Sweden. But if you want to cancel your order, the dealer can charge you about 10% in case he canīt find another buyer.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2010, 11:25 AM   #10
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tompak23d View Post
No, we never prepay in Sweden. But if you want to cancel your order, the dealer can charge you about 10% in case he canīt find another buyer.
Sounds quite fair toward both sides. I'll migrate to Sweden
Appreciate 0