03-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #23
BeemerX1
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleaseAdvise View Post
The Best answer is the one with the part number 34110444771 has different rear parking brake shoes and incorrect rotor size that caused problems for e90 owners (found that here http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=721888 )

Also after further digging I found this post by e90 pilot that best summerizes
"Ran into this exact problem. If you find a rotor with the correct diameter, let me know. The 135 rotor is also too deep and will not center in the caliper correctly. I've actually have a few track days on these brakes. There's a "shelf" that builds because of the part of the pad that doesn't contact the rotor. Hasn't caused me any issues as of yet, but it would be nice to have a rotor that worked properly. The other alternative is to have someone trim the pad. "

What to take from this?
E90 parts are what you should use for this vehicle. 1 series parts MAY NOT necessarily fit this vehicle. If it was my e84 I would stick to parts compatible with e90s only front and rear brake wise. The majority of parts shared with this vehicle are derived with the e90. Id go with this one http://www.leebmann24.de/bmw-perform...1-e92-e93.html as it is the best fit. Of course with that said I have to say a FULL front/rear swap has not been done. Bora has only done the front. We are treading in untested waters! I hope that answers your question completely!

Hi,

Thank you for all this info. It answers a lot of my questions.
Not the answer I was hoping for, damn you BMW.

Due to the price of this upgrade and the legal issue this slips me mind and pops up a couple weeks after. The price is a 1 time deal!

The OEM 135i brake calipers with non drilled/grooved disc has the look I think I want now. The yellow calipers with the drilled/grooved disc will get me in trouble with the police and in 2 years with the vehicle inspection.
I mean, I do like the flashy look but the cops won't like it me think.

But according to your info (and I do believe you) it doesn't fit?
Crap, that isn't good news.
That the rear isn't done (before) isn't good news either.

I'm off back to looking at E9x parts then. Non drilled/grooved disc and the nice clean look as the 135i and the E9x performance calipers have.
On the rear I want the same 'bigger discs and clean calipers'.

Also a option it keep it like it is, oh wait... not happy with it.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 08:21 AM   #24
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Sorry for the zombie thread bump.

So, what's the consensus? E90 M3 calipers and discs would be a direct swap for our X1s?
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 05:29 PM   #25
PrematureApex
Colonel
Rep
Drives: N55 X1, N54 135, s54 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post

So, what's the consensus? E90 M3 calipers and discs would be a direct swap for our X1s?
Couple of comments:

I think you need to really consider whether or not that is truly an upgrade (or a worthy one) given the size of the '35s brakes. Don't they use the same sliding calipers/pads with a bit bigger floating rotor? Common consensus is that it's not really an upgrade at all.

It needs at least a custom bracket/redrilling, based on quick searches.

And more importantly, and sadly to say...you're far better off searching E90 forums (xdrive/xi specifically) for your answers. You have 335xi/335 xdrive suspension/brakes/etc.
'08 N54 535xi touring (Bilstein B6s, Downpipes, MHD tune, baby seat)
Appreciate 1
      12-20-2017, 07:24 AM   #26
hooligan_G01
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40i BG/Taco Red

Good points, Apex.

I thought the E90 M3s had fixed calipers like the newer 1/2/3/4 M Sport brakes from Brembo. If I'm wrong on that front, I agree, not much of an upgrade.

I almost certainly don't need upgraded brakes, regardless - I just like 'em.

I'll probably settle on just uprated pads/lines/fluid and call it done.

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 07:38 AM   #27
bmwx1sq
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post

If you want a bolt up bbk kit. There is the 370mm M performance kit for the f-series. Or you can piece it together.
Appreciate 1