XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-26-2012, 05:02 PM   #45
netarc
Rep
Drives: Audi A3

fwiw, I went with the Rial Como 17x7.5 wheel and 225/50R17 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 ZP Run Flat for my X1. Haven't taken any decent pix yet, but here's a cell shot. Fitment was great, TPMS worked without issue, +1. Can't really report on the snow handling capabilities of the PA2 yet, haven't had to drive in snow yet; it seemed to handle freezing rain/slush pretty well, however, on the initial drive up to Tahoe.

Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 05:26 PM   #46
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by netarc View Post
fwiw, I went with the Rial Como 17x7.5 wheel and 225/50R17 Michelin Pilot Alpin PA2 ZP Run Flat for my X1. Haven't taken any decent pix yet, but here's a cell shot. Fitment was great, TPMS worked without issue, +1. Can't really report on the snow handling capabilities of the PA2 yet, haven't had to drive in snow yet; it seemed to handle freezing rain/slush pretty well, however, on the initial drive up to Tahoe.
The Comos look good. I'm not sure why I seem to have the only X1 that wouldn't communicate with Tire Rack's TPM sensors
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 05:29 PM   #47
Naambezet
First Lieutenant
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive 20i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrT-Man View Post
I've been very impressed with the Dunlop Winter Sport 3D... (haven't tried the new 4D).
We have the same tires on our X1 at this moment. Haven't driven it really on dry conditions so I can't really tell how well they handle
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2012, 08:43 PM   #48
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottRodW View Post
The M Sport comes with summer-only tires.
Just an FYI, M Sport can be ordered with all-season tires in the US (with the 18s). It apparently is the standard selection now, so I explicitly requested summer when I placed my order.

http://www.bimmerfest.com/news/65426...december-2012/

M Sport Line – available with all-season tires
Standard: Option 2MY 18" M light alloy wheel (Style 355M) with A/S tires (NEW)
Alternative I: Option 2PD 18" M light alloy wheel (Style 355M) with performance tires (+$0)
Alternative II: Option 2MP 19" M light alloy wheel (Style 225M) with performance tires (+$600)
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 10:54 AM   #49
wkl_nj
Registered
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive

Smile

Quote:

it is nice Rial Como on X1. where do you get the BMW center caps? are they stickers? I checked with Tirerack, they do not have BMW center for Rial Como due to different size. I believe Como is 64 mm.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 08:34 PM   #50
one09jason
Rep
Drives: X1

I wonder if it's feasible to remove the OEM runflats and put snows on the OEM rims, and then reverse the procedure in the spring. I live in an area where it snows infrequently, so I'd hate to need a second set of rims just for winter driving. Does anybody out there do that?
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 10:34 PM   #51
Teutonic
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:

Used these wheels in the past, excellent choice and quality, I like them as well. I am playing with the ideea of getting the Como's fow my X1 but I will go for 18, my car came with 17 so I can keep those for winter. I am thinking between these Como's and the M 18' OEM wheels.
Can you put more pictures please, eventual from the side? I would like to see how they look with the car as a whole.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0