09-20-2012, 10:40 PM   #23
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottRodW View Post
Any word on your settlement? My CA informed me today that BMW will be offering me a $500 credit toward accessories purchased at my dealership. I'm glad they're offering something, but our accessories choice here in the States is limited thus far. I can't get the floor liners or cargo mat that I want, and I won't buy $500 worth of BMW shirts, hats and coffee mugs ... I'm just not that guy.

Factoring in margins, what do you estimate this is actually costing BMW? $200?

And for the record, I'm still pissed!
My advice is don't settle for $500.00 is too cheap and credit ? Please.... I had a call from the person who's over seeing my complaint/ complaints giving my dash board addition to my problems. I had first requested one month paid car payment fro free total $752.62. She is looking to see if that amount could be rewarded to after the trouble I've been through with the new car. She also added that she could not guarantee that amount as well as credit it to me with just having a check cut to me from BMW. Today I had explained that to I had heard you could have them retro fitted for $1500.00 so included that into the notes... What good that does I have no idea but she did call me back to know how super pissed I was about this whole ordeal.... As for the dealer nota word or call....? A si would have imagined..... LOL

Another thing that pisses me off is I saw on this forum that someone got the run flat wheel insurance for $699.00 and I was charged $1200.00 and $699.00 was what I was charged last year but was told it had went up? Anyone else have this issue???? As after all the dust has settled I think I got a screwy deal...
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2012, 10:44 PM   #24
heisalan
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
My advice is don't settle for $500.00 is too cheap and credit ? Please.... I had a call from the person who's over seeing my complaint/ complaints giving my dash board addition to my problems. I had first requested one month paid car payment fro free total $752.62. She is looking to see if that amount could be rewarded to after the trouble I've been through with the new car. She also added that she could not guarantee that amount as well as credit it to me with just having a check cut to me from BMW. Today I had explained that to I had hear you could have them retro fitted for $1500.00 so included that into the notes... What good that does I have no idea but she did call me back to know how super pissed I was about this whole ordeal.... As for the dealer nota word or call....? A si would have imagined..... LOL

Another thing that pisses me off is I saw on this forum that someone got the run flat wheel insurance for $699.00 and I was charged $1200.00 and $699.00 was what I was charged last year but was told it had went up? Anyone else have this issue???? As after all the dust has settled I think I got a screwy deal...
How have you managed to get into this place? Purely complain over and over for long hours, or any secret weapon?
      09-20-2012, 10:51 PM   #25
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by heisalan View Post
How have you managed to get into this place? Purely complain over and over for long hours, or any secret weapon?
Power of the voice and this my 5th BMW with them and just ask to speak to a higher person and do not back down. Most of all My complaints are not weak and have lots of ground to stand on and may be after I said to my sales rep and the BMW CSR that how I could try and fit this X! up their ass!
      09-22-2012, 04:43 AM   #26
76Gas
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 MW

Not that this helps but picked up the wife's new X1 Sport Line yesterday and it came with paddle shifters. I wasn't expecting it in the Sport Line but happy to have them not that the wife will use them.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2012, 09:41 AM   #27
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 76Gas View Post
Not that this helps but picked up the wife's new X1 Sport Line yesterday and it came with paddle shifters. I wasn't expecting it in the Sport Line but happy to have them not that the wife will use them.
Its only us with the M package with the problem.....
      09-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #28
tierwun
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 228xi

Not a big loss, IMHO

I dont use the paddles that much. I came from a 6 speed 2010 Audi.
I just ordered my new '13 audi with paddles too tho - but only cause the wife doesnt drive stick.

The paddles 'look' cool for about 10 min but if you come from a manual it's not an immediate transition. the Auto/man transmission feels closer than the steering wheel shifter to me.

just my opinion.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 06:50 AM   #29
MusclesCoupe
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAMERBOI View Post
Its only us with the M package with the problem.....

So strange m sport here no paddles!
CF Spoiler w/the IND Touch.Elec Perf Wheel V2.6K Angel.Meisterschaft GT Gloss Black.AR DP.SLEK CF Front Spoiler.N55 Mid.Cust Mirror Caps.12mm Spacers.20%3M Tint.Clear Bra.IND Side Markers.OEM Perf Grills. Cobb AP Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 07:43 AM   #30
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc@schnellwerkes.com View Post
So strange m sport here no paddles!
You have to explicitly get your dealer to add them to the order - the ordering system removes them by default. Since you have to OK the order, including all the items, before it goes to BMW, it is technically your own fault for not noting that it's missing. However, I think BMW should own up to this one and let those who expected paddle shifters (because the web page said so) get them retrofitted for free. This is about goodwill.

My order lacked the paddle shifters and the dark crosshatch aluminium trim which were selected, and I had the dealer add them back in.
So yes, read the order before you sign it.
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #31
HotRodW
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
You have to explicitly get your dealer to add them to the order - the ordering system removes them by default. Since you have to OK the order, including all the items, before it goes to BMW, it is technically your own fault for not noting that it's missing. However, I think BMW should own up to this one and let those who expected paddle shifters (because the web page said so) get them retrofitted for free. This is about goodwill.

My order lacked the paddle shifters and the dark crosshatch aluminium trim which were selected, and I had the dealer add them back in.
So yes, read the order before you sign it.
It's shameful how poorly BMW has handled this fiasco. The shifters were listed as standard equipment on the M Sport package. Period. When the M Sport steering wheel is listed on the configuration, why on earth would a reasonable person question whether that steering wheel has paddle shifters? Not knowing there are two steering wheel options, of course you're going to assume they're included. There are lots of items that aren't specifically spelled out on the configuration sheet, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be expected to be on the car.

Many customers were financially compensated for the issue. Good for them. But some of us got next to nothing. My CA assured me BMW would make this right. Well, they haven't, and it doesn't look like they intend to do any more for me. In hindsight, I wish I had walked away. Beyond the financial issue, there is a principle involved, and I am disappointed in myself for not taking a stand. I assure you it won't happen again.

Last edited by HotRodW; 12-12-2012 at 09:43 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #32
MusclesCoupe
United_States
Rep

So because the original m sport pack had the paddles and i didnt check this manually Im SOL?
CF Spoiler w/the IND Touch.Elec Perf Wheel V2.6K Angel.Meisterschaft GT Gloss Black.AR DP.SLEK CF Front Spoiler.N55 Mid.Cust Mirror Caps.12mm Spacers.20%3M Tint.Clear Bra.IND Side Markers.OEM Perf Grills. Cobb AP Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2012, 09:33 AM   #33
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc@schnellwerkes.com
So because the original m sport pack had the paddles and i didnt check this manually Im SOL?
It depends on when you ordered and/or how knowledgeable your advisor is. It was supposedly fixed in the system to default to 7XA paddle wheel Dec. 1. I ordered in mid November but my SA knew of the issue and said corporate had sent a bulletin to the dealers. Another dealer I visited had no knowledge and insisted the car could not be ordered with paddles.

If my X1 doesn't come as I expect they will have to make a large concession or reorder. Luckily I have a Honda to drive in the meantime. I don't think there will be any problem as they already have several M-Sports on the lot with no paddles that they can't sell.
      12-14-2012, 09:02 PM   #34
MusclesCoupe
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
It depends on when you ordered and/or how knowledgeable your advisor is. It was supposedly fixed in the system to default to 7XA paddle wheel Dec. 1. I ordered in mid November but my SA knew of the issue and said corporate had sent a bulletin to the dealers. Another dealer I visited had no knowledge and insisted the car could not be ordered with paddles.

If my X1 doesn't come as I expect they will have to make a large concession or reorder. Luckily I have a Honda to drive in the meantime. I don't think there will be any problem as they already have several M-Sports on the lot with no paddles that they can't sell.
Im going to talk to my contacts at BMW NA and see if I can retrofit
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 11:52 PM   #35
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

So...710 does not have shift paddles, correct?
      01-03-2013, 04:52 PM   #36
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep

The plot thickens.
My X1 35i M-Sports was ordered with paddle shifters - I made sure that the dealer re-selected 7XA, and the bmwusa production page also lists it with paddle shifters.
Car arrived today, after three months, and without paddle shifters.

This is not the car I ordered. I don't even want to drive it.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 04:55 PM   #37
nospam
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus
The plot thickens.
My X1 35i M-Sports was ordered with paddle shifters - I made sure that the dealer re-selected 7XA, and the bmwusa production page also lists it with paddle shifters.

Mine should be delivered in 2-3 weeks. No paddle shifters...they will have to retrofit or reorder!
      01-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #38
Tirpitz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 328 GT, 2017 i3 REX

Quote:
The plot thickens.

Wow, that stinks.

I can't believe all the problems you M-Sport buyers are having. I got the $120 paddle option on my no-line car without any trouble at all.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #39
nospam
Captain
Rep

There really is no reason to offer the M wheel without paddles IMO. BMW really screwed the pooch on this one!
      01-03-2013, 11:16 PM   #40
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Ouch that sucks. Has anyone that ordered a M Sport line taken delivery of their car w/ paddle shifters (US customers, that is)?
      01-04-2013, 10:46 AM   #41
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1X 2.8

Quote:
The plot thickens.

I don't blame you one bit. You did everything possible to make sure that it was equipped the way you wanted it...and low and behold, they F'ed it up. Either the dealer or BMW screwed it up. SAD!
Tell them to retro or stick it on the lot and sell it to someone else. MY SA told me that they could be retro fit, but I didn't get too far into it with him because I didn't buy the car from his dealer.
I may ask him about this again for the benefit of others.
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 11:47 AM   #42
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosstones View Post
Ouch that sucks. Has anyone that ordered a M Sport line taken delivery of their car w/ paddle shifters (US customers, that is)?
Had several questions (in August) about the X1 before ordering, as the online configurator was imperfect/unclear.
Asked my SA for a copy of the order guide, brought it home and did some homework as I wanted to be clear on what decisions I was about to make (after all, this is a significant purchase).
How to ensure I get the paddle shifters? Read the order guide and identified the line item that included them as a zero cost option on the order.
Can I order the satin finish wood trim on an M-Sport? No (verified with SA).
Can I special order black headliner on a Sport or XLine? Unclear, but my SA sent a query to BMW Germany. Within 48 hours got the response that black headliner would not be installed (and could not be special ordered) in any line other than MSport.
Can I get MSport with a heated steering wheel? No (verified with SA).

SWMBO and I made our decision on what X1 options to order, SA entered and printed the order, and we then went through the order line by line with our SA initialling our specific selectons (e.g. paddle shifters). Seems to me this is a critical part of the process, but not all SA's take the trouble and time, or maybe are just not equipped with sufficient product ordering knowledge.
Order released, X1 subsequently arrived exactly as ordered (with paddle shiters).

We did our homework before ordering to eliminate potential unpleasant surprises from negligence on our part, and also our SA was outstanding.
I always remember the legal expresion "Buyer Beware" and am willing to spend some time preparing before ordering.

Sorry to read that many folks have been disappointed by the paddle shifter issue, but it would seem that there are quite a few SA's who are less than expert on custom orders. If you are about to custom order, make sure you read the order line by line, ask questions, and initial your selections before it is released.

Happy trails y'all...
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #43
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish-Texan View Post
Had several questions (in August) about the X1 before ordering, as the online configurator was imperfect/unclear.
Asked my SA for a copy of the order guide, brought it home and did some homework as I wanted to be clear on what decisions I was about to make (after all, this is a significant purchase).
How to ensure I get the paddle shifters? Read the order guide and identified the line item that included them as a zero cost option on the order.
Can I order the satin finish wood trim on an M-Sport? No (verified with SA).
Can I special order black headliner on a Sport or XLine? Unclear, but my SA sent a query to BMW Germany. Within 48 hours got the response that black headliner would not be installed (and could not be special ordered) in any line other than MSport.
Can I get MSport with a heated steering wheel? No (verified with SA).

SWMBO and I made our decision on what X1 options to order, SA entered and printed the order, and we then went through the order line by line with our SA initialling our specific selectons (e.g. paddle shifters). Seems to me this is a critical part of the process, but not all SA's take the trouble and time, or maybe are just not equipped with sufficient product ordering knowledge.
Order released, X1 subsequently arrived exactly as ordered (with paddle shiters).

We did our homework before ordering to eliminate potential unpleasant surprises from negligence on our part, and also our SA was outstanding.
I always remember the legal expresion "Buyer Beware" and am willing to spend some time preparing before ordering.

Sorry to read that many folks have been disappointed by the paddle shifter issue, but it would seem that there are quite a few SA's who are less than expert on custom orders. If you are about to custom order, make sure you read the order line by line, ask questions, and initial your selections before it is released.

Happy trails y'all...
Oh, there's no doubt that I got the X7A entry onto the form - it was missing the first time, after I had told the SA he would have to change it again manually, he managed to send it back to me with 710. So I pointed it out, and demanded X7A being put back in, and it was. And the production page on the bmwusa.com site also lists the M Sports Steering Wheel with Paddle Shifters.

At this point, I am quite convinced that the dealer won't be honest with me, and will claim that they did all they could and that there's nothing they can do. Taking the lazy way out has been their modus operandi so far.
Do you think you could take a picture of your steering wheel showing both the M and the paddles?
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #44
Irish-Texan
BannerMan
Ireland
Rep
Drives: X3 35i MSport / X1 28ix MSport

Only pic I currently have (with 1 paddle)!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0