XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-28-2014, 05:11 AM   #1
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

opening/closing windows and moonroof with key fob & manual shifting in 8sp automatic

When I lock my car with the key fob and if I have windows/moonroof open, I have to keep pressing the lock key until all gets fully closed which is quite frustrating as this all can take sometime and if I release the lock button in the middle, all this closing stops as well and there are occasions when I left it in the park not closing them fully. Is it possible to make them continue closing once it starts so that one don't have to stay there pressing the button and to confirm all's closed?

Also, I noticed that while manually shifting in 8 speed automatic gearbox at around 2000 rpm it revs till 2500+ rpm before going to the shifted gear. Similarly, if I do it in 2500 rpm it goes to 3000 or even more before shifting. So, it revs around 500+ rpm before shifting. I shift with the accelerator still applied. I guess this is the right way coz if I don't there's an unpleasant jerk, noise etc specially while shifting from 1st to 2nd gear. This is my first automatic gearbox so please bear with me if my question sounds lame

And quite occasionally I have noticed a severe jerkiness (car moves back & forth heavily) while trying to accelerate from 1st gear. This happens only in manual shifting and when the car is in motion and slows down and the gear drops to M1 and then I try to accelerate. Am I doing sth wrong or is it the turbo thing? BTW, i'm only driving sdrive18d M Sport without any performance mods

Edit: Also, with the reverse park assist mirror, is there a way to reconfigure it as while parking on a sloped area it kinda becomes useless?

jaeezzy...

Last edited by jaeezzy; 07-30-2014 at 05:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2014, 10:11 AM   #2
Aekdbrich
Grand Poobah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i XDrive (F30)

Negative on the closing of the windows. At least to the best of my knowledge. It works the same way with opening and closing windows/sunroof. I have always had to hold the button to open/close completely. I now only use it to do convenience opening. I just close everything with one touch close before I leave the car and it closes automatically.

As far as the jerkiness? I'm not sure. That's not something I have run into with my gearbox, but I have a sDrive28i and don't know If that makes a difference.

Hope this helps!
      07-31-2014, 07:27 PM   #3
jaeezzy
Enthusiast
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aekdbrich
Negative on the closing of the windows. At least to the best of my knowledge. It works the same way with opening and closing windows/sunroof. I have always had to hold the button to open/close completely. I now only use it to do convenience opening. I just close everything with one touch close before I leave the car and it closes automatically.

As far as the jerkiness? I'm not sure. That's not something I have run into with my gearbox, but I have a sDrive28i and don't know If that makes a difference.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply Aekdbrich.

Regarding opening and closing, is that something that can be coded to reconfigure how it works?

Regarding jerkiness I'm guessing the gear sometimes downshift to M1 while the car is still in motion and then the sudden accelerating is causing it.. so I'm wondering why is it shifting to 1st gear while the car is still in motion coz for some I read that it doesn't go to 1st gear even at complete stop..would M Sport have something to do with this?

jaeezzy...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2014, 04:07 AM   #4
Mr Kleen
teh porcupine
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2020 Tesla 3 LR AWD

Garage List
2013 BMW X1  [10.00]
Even with coding you have to hold the button while the windows roll up/down.

The only "automatic" thing is folding the mirrors. Once they start folding/unfolding they don't stop.