XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

08-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #1
x21
Registered
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Not impressed by the X1 interior

I test drove the X1 today. It was a mineral white, black leather with premium package, sDrive28.

What struck me when I first saw it was that the interior reminded me of a VW which isn't bad but for 40k I was hoping it would seem like a notch above. This one had the wood trim which was different but I'm not sure it's worth the extra $500. I did like all of the features that I wouldn't get from a non luxury brand like the automatic folding mirrors, panoramic moon roof, dual zone climate control, and a few other things, but I thought for 40k I would have been blown away.

One thing that I know my wife would love is the passenger seat lumbar support. The passenger seat cup holder, however, was really odd. I don't know why BMW decided to go with that but it was a horrible design decision.

I did find the engine power on the sDrive28 to be quite adequate for daily driving and the occasional need to accelerate quickly. I don't think I would need the bigger engine option for a car this size.

Anyway, just wanted to share my thoughts coming from a potential X1 owner.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 05:46 AM   #2
JL350
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2.0D X4

Hi X21

I bought an X1 three months ago and I like it and my wife loves it. It is one of the cheapest BMW's we can get in Australia. I get the feeling that sometimes the expectations may be a little high in the US. Ie the threads on how small the trunk is etc.

I think it is an honest little suv that drives really well and is really an entry level model that costs a lot less than a bigger X model. Just my 2c.

Yes the US passenger cup holder should go in the bin.
Appreciate 0