Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

03-12-2012, 03:47 AM   #23
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpm14 View Post
Picked up a 2012 X1 for the wife after trading in her Suzuki Grand Vitara cause I thought it used too much gas - well guess what, it turns out the X1 only 4 cylinder uses MORE, plus it must use 91octane which costs more. Overall, I love the car, but gas mileage is nowhere close to advertised. I am seriously thinking of trading it in. Only have 2300kms on it and filled the tank 6 times already - NOT very impressive.
As I said in the other topic - you really should be using 95-octane fuel or higher in your X1 - 91 will reduce performance and increase consumption.
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 07:08 AM   #24
Blue Bottle
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 x Drive 2.0L D

still loving it...
Appreciate 0
      08-01-2012, 12:58 PM   #25
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpm14 View Post
Picked up a 2012 X1 for the wife after trading in her Suzuki Grand Vitara cause I thought it used too much gas - well guess what, it turns out the X1 only 4 cylinder uses MORE, plus it must use 91octane which costs more. Overall, I love the car, but gas mileage is nowhere close to advertised. I am seriously thinking of trading it in. Only have 2300kms on it and filled the tank 6 times already - NOT very impressive.
Yes, it's not that great in city driving, but will get a bit better as gets broken in.

The real beauty is highway driving -- that's where the 8 speed and the turbo four really shines. Drove to Cleveland the other week and was getting over 800km to the tank.
      08-05-2012, 06:14 AM   #26
X1blue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive 18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflmb206 View Post
My view of of this car, it's the biggest pile of c@#p I have ever purchased!
From day one my parking sensors haven't work correctly, they will pick up a plant leaf moving in the wind but not a brick wall and my friendly local dealership doesn't know how to fix them and has refused to do anymore work on them.
We got to 400km before feeling the same, but our problems are all mechanical. We love the cool design interior and the gadets work fine. We have PDC with a camera and it is true that the sensors start beeping really early and when anyone walks by the car. Judging distances takes some practice but generally the system works well. I would complain in writing to the dealer and BMW. Our only problem with parking is that the wheel vibrates horrible when manoeuvring in a tight space, and there is a wheird sound. This
Quote:
4 months ago I had my 2nd clutch fitted, a modified clutch which was made in Germany because every time I pulled away from a junction the car would judder like crazy, which know needs replacing again as the juddering is back and I have been told if it is replaced again I may have to pay for it.
the BMW guarantee is 2 years. They buy insurance for these changes.
Quote:
Within the last few months intermittionly I have had a warning come up on the dash when I start the car. I have looked the warning (yellow key with a line through it) up in the handbook and it tells me I have inserted the wrong key, but the engine will start everytime, I have told my local dealership who tells me "they all do that, why, who knows"
What is it with auto lights and winter, I have auto lights that will only turn off if I turn them off manually or turn the engine off. My good old dealership says it is 'the winter blue sky effect' and all BMW's with auto lights have the same problem, the 3 previous 3series I had with auto lights never had this problem.
Never seen that the yellow key. Our lights do come on quite a bit, they will even activate in the shade on a bright sunny day[/QUOTE]
Quote:
I've left the best to last. Within a fews days of picking up my car from the dealership I had to fill the washer bottle up as it was empty (dealership forgot to fill it) and noticed a quite a few of the engine parts where covered in rust. Again I spoke to my local dealership who told me they all do that and the only way to deal with it is to next time buy a X1 with a bigger engine cover. Within the last few days I have just recieved a written reply from BMW via my local dealership telling me that rust will protect and do no damage.
I have spoken to BMW direct about these things and all I get from them is "we stand by whatever your dealership says".
Legendary BMW support!
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2012, 06:18 AM   #27
X1blue
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 sdrive 18d

Quote:
I also forgot to mention, what is it with the fuel economy with 18d s-drives? It costs me about £100 to fill it up and I can only do about 30mpg around town and 40 ish on a good run. I have checked the tyre pressures and taken out any unwanted items out of the car but still can't better these figures. BMW claim 45mpg around town and 54 mpg on a good run, I think they must pick these numbers from the sky!
sdrive 18d is reporting 6,1/100km over 600km, probably 60% motorway, 40% city
Appreciate 0