10-29-2010, 04:08 PM   #68
pereru
Spanish Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozdal View Post
Gentlemen,

I finally got the TSB for the fix. Unfortunately, I can't upload the document to the internet but I'll write here in detail.

Thanks for your help with the TSB.

Have already solved the problems in your X1?

Thanks again
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 01:22 PM   #69
mozdal
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by pereru View Post
Thanks for your help with the TSB.

Have already solved the problems in your X1?

Thanks again
After the fix, my windshield got cracked and I had it changed. But this time it has a defect related to this and has wind noise. It also cracked again. I'm waiting for the new windshield. Once it is fitted I'll let you know if the TSB fix is a permanent fix or not.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #70
jdgordon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 Space Grey

Exclamation Harmonica In My Dash +80mph

Hi All,

I have owned my X1 for 3 months now and this is the 1st time I have got round to looking on the internet about a strange noise my car makes. I am glad to see it's not just my car! So here is the problem...
If the weather is good (no wind) and you reach 80-85mph it sounds like a gentle blow through a harmonica coming from somewhere central in the dash. If you are driving into a headwind it starts at lower speeds of 75-80mph. I have fidled around with the air vents but it does not change the noise. Its like that great big grill at the front is sucking in so much air and it is being forced through somewhere into the cabin.
Its got to go back to the dealer for a brain numbing rattle also coming from inside the dash hopefully they can solve both problems.
Other than this I love it!
Cheers All.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2010, 06:46 AM   #71
beeker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 2005 3-series

Hi everyone

Well yesterday my X1 went in to the dealership for an engine oil service. I got them to have a look athe reverberating noise I was hearing which I first posted about on here.

They had a look and it's the tyres (which I suspected) they said they don't know why but the tyres are slightly domed and haven't worn level. This is either due to under/over inflation but they were at the correct pressure and it's done it from day one.

So when I get new tyres hopefully that will sort it.

I luckily haven't got the whistling noise problem from the dodgy window seal thank godness.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2010, 03:34 PM   #72
Xeins
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 S20d

Hi,

Mine have the same problem and is start's at 50km/h. It's seems to be very bad!!!
I can not accept that BMW fixes this type of problems with some kind of tape. :<
I will make a complait if necessary.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:40 PM   #73
Diesel-King
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sdrive18d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozdal View Post
@niknik @deepseablue I was also having the same noise problem from the front doors. It has a simple fix. They're just unmounting the inside door panels and tightening 2 nuts, 30 minutes of work. That's all
Hi mozdal,

I also have an annoying resonance noise from my drivers front door.
Do you have to remove the insulation foam to tighten those two nuts? Or are they visible unmounting the door side?
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 05:27 AM   #74
ams3177
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X5 G05 30D MSports

Garage List
2014 BMW 530D  [0.00]
Hi,

Even my X1 had identical issues. When I complained to my dealer they mentioned that since it is occuring above national speed limit (70MPH), they can not test drive the car to identify the problem.
Anyway, the windshield developed a crack and I had to change it. Since my insurance company has a tie-up with 'Autoglass' here in UK, I went to their centre and they replaced the windshield. And the noise stopped after that. It has been over three weeks now since the windshield was changed and I have not had the noise even once. I have driven the car at varying speeds low-high and with/against wind and no . Now this makes me think that there was definitely a problem with either the windshield or with the way windshield was fitted. And somehow neither BMW nor the dealers are acknowleding this. What a shame.
So my advice is, if you have having this issue, insist on a inspection of windshild / sealant etc. and it will do the trick.

Cheers,
Amit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdgordon View Post
Hi All,

I have owned my X1 for 3 months now and this is the 1st time I have got round to looking on the internet about a strange noise my car makes. I am glad to see it's not just my car! So here is the problem...
If the weather is good (no wind) and you reach 80-85mph it sounds like a gentle blow through a harmonica coming from somewhere central in the dash. If you are driving into a headwind it starts at lower speeds of 75-80mph. I have fidled around with the air vents but it does not change the noise. Its like that great big grill at the front is sucking in so much air and it is being forced through somewhere into the cabin.
Its got to go back to the dealer for a brain numbing rattle also coming from inside the dash hopefully they can solve both problems.
Other than this I love it!
Cheers All.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 07:22 AM   #75
niknik
Private First Class
Portugal
Rep
Drives: X1 23d

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams3177 View Post
Hi,
Now this makes me think that there was definitely a problem with either the windshield or with the way windshield was fitted. And somehow neither BMW nor the dealers are acknowleding this. What a shame.
So my advice is, if you have having this issue, insist on a inspection of windshild / sealant etc. and it will do the trick.

Cheers,
Amit
Hard to believe they wanted to dismiss it as it is, in fact, a known problem for the first batch of X1s and was already acknowledged by BMW!
In mine it seems it was only the rubber seals, but the dealer told me some had to have the windshield completely reseated/replaced, as any "bump" could cause it to shatter.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2011, 03:21 PM   #76
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ams3177 View Post
Hi,

Even my X1 had identical issues. When I complained to my dealer they mentioned that since it is occuring above national speed limit (70MPH), they can not test drive the car to identify the problem.
...........And somehow neither BMW nor the dealers are acknowleding this. What a shame.

Cheers,
Amit
Shocking service from your dealer try to speak to the service manager next time but failing that phone/email BMW UK directly. I have had to do this once a few years ago and they did some a$$ kicking. Dealer phoned me next day and sorted the problem immediately. Been great ever since.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 03:16 AM   #77
DrawingArt
Private
Slovenia
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dT xDrive M-Sport

Hello. I can report that my X1 xDrive20d Auto, September 2010 build has no issues with any rattle, whirring noise or any vibrations to speeds up to 220km/h. All is smooth and quite. I have 11.500km on it now. All perfect and I am really picky about those kind of issues and it would drive me nuts on such car! Oh yes and I have 18" Styling 321 rims and Goodyear summer tires.

Last edited by DrawingArt; 03-12-2011 at 07:54 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 06:50 AM   #78
ALF64
Rep
Drives: X1 sDRIVE AUTO

I totally agree with all, indeed above 120-130km/hr you start hearing a lot of wind noise... bmw fake
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2011, 07:35 AM   #79
manicm
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18i

Funny, I don't have any wind noise issues - and I have the sunroof. What does intrude on older roads is road noise.
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2013, 02:40 AM   #80
beeker
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 2005 3-series

FAO: GAZETEE

Tried to send you a reply to you message but it says you cannot receive PM. Anyway here you go...

Hi ya

My X1 still has the whirring noise but mine only happens. BMW looked at it and said it was the tyres but I had them all replaced the noise was still there. They put it down to the run flats and 18" Alloys. I got side tracked with a squeak when the engine started and after that fiasco I didn't bother chasing up the whirring noise again.

I think you probably have two seperate issues. The whirring noise is probably the same as what I have but I don't have the a/c issue. Have they replaced the alternator in yours?

Keep an eye on your iDrive controller two. I've noticed that after a very cold spell the controller stiffens. I had one replaced and we've just had another cold spell and last week noticed this one has gone a bit stiff too. So will be getting that replaced soon.

I'm going to trade mine in at the end of the year but can't decide what to get. I love BMW but I just have no end of trouble with the cars I buy.
Appreciate 0