Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

10-21-2010, 03:58 AM   #1
El_GrindCore
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sDrive18d

sDrive18d countdown!

hello everyone!

so... I'm counting days to get my sDrive18d delivered.

white color, with solar roof, bi-xenon lights, rear and front parking sensor and sports driving wheel.

Any sDrive18d owners around? Any comments?

I know it's the "little one" in the family, but I'm really hoping I will enjoy it very much

I come from driving a Ford Puma from the last 11 years, so for sure I will enjoy all the benefits of my new car ^_^

PS: I loved my Puma! but it was just about time for a change :P
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
Exotic Hadron
X Eins in der Luft
Rep
Drives: X1

Driving 1.8i, no 1.8d offered on the Russian market... Love it. Granted, I got what I wanted. The only thing that's bothering is doors! The jarring 5th door and the passenger's door which fails to close often are annoying.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 05:11 PM   #3
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 sD 18d JB

I've ordered sDrive 18d as well. With pretty much all the stuff without the too fancy stuff like navig, roof, leather. Quite pleased with the choices as it's my second car. So I plan on loving it!

Though I'm having a crappy time with the delivery. It was delayed for 40 days after my initial 3 months of wait. BS

What's your wait time?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic Hadron View Post
Driving 1.8i, no 1.8d offered on the Russian market... Love it. Granted, I got what I wanted. The only thing that's bothering is doors! The jarring 5th door and the passenger's door which fails to close often are annoying.
Door fails to close? That's a bummer. Anybody else having this problem? Common issue? What is your MY? I presume 10/11 as it's petrol?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 01:18 AM   #5
El_GrindCore
Spain
Rep

I ordered the car last friday (October 15th 2010), and my car is due for delivery 6 weeks later (around last days of November-first days of December).

That would be awesomely fast! let's see how it goes.

In another car dealers, they were offering me 6 months waiting

But this one had already "booked" some units, and only needed the config (and the money ) to start the countdown.

Let's hope for the best! I will keep in touch when the time comes. crossing fingers here.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 11:16 AM   #6
Exotic Hadron
X Eins in der Luft
Rep
Drives: X1

Kres7787
Quote:
Door fails to close? That's a bummer. Anybody else having this problem? Common issue? What is your MY? I presume 10/11 as it's petrol?
I had it delivered in late July (well, in fact they've it delivered in mid July but it required them 2 weeks to prepare it for sale (as I was told they've had some problems with the computer...)).
Ordered in early April... One of the first X1s in Leningrad. My guess, it came out of the plant in June (since my VIN is absent in bmwarchiv.de/vin dated May, 2010). It's petrol 1.8i.

Sure thing, this drives me mad. Here is how it goes. I have the autolocking feature enabled to the doors get locked a few secs after you start driving. When you stop and get out of the car from both the driver's and passengers doors, it gets impossible to open the 5th (back) door. What I do is I push the lock button on the instrumentation cluster. This unlocks the 5th door. But! After that it is not possible to lock the passenger's door! Do you believe? But it's f*ing true! To fix that I get inside the car and lock the passenger's door mechanically by pressing the door's lock key down! Geez, why on Earth!?!

What else, I've got the battery discharged to hell after the car stayed for 3 weeks in the garage. And the local BMW reps refused to help me! I couldn't even close the car with the key. I got it opened but it failed to close. My guess the problem has the same roots as the problem with passenger's door.
My BMW reps, they told these are my probs, not theirs, not a warranty case. Bummers! The told, guess it's because of the GPS alarm security system. BMW Russia contracted the local Caesar Satellite provider... So they like playing ping-pong with me. The GPS provider says 'blame the BMW' and the BMW says ''contact Caesar". Is it what they call luxury service?

Last edited by Exotic Hadron; 10-22-2010 at 11:23 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2010, 05:55 PM   #7
Kres7787
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exotic Hadron View Post
Kres7787
Is it what they call luxury service?
Not at all man. My first car, that I'm still driving is Volvo C30. My gear pedal is vibrating annoyingly when I'm over 3k revs, the car is dripping water when it rains (behind and upfront), pedals are squeeking, wheel is squeeking, one of my sports pedal metal is falling off, electronics once went beserk etc... I think that simply all cars are bad, you just need to be lucky to get the right one.

I'm waiting for my X1 delivery and I'm hoping it will have the least possible errors. I'm more then sure it will have some.

I bought it from unofficial BMW store. If I'll have any problems with it, I'm more then likely *ucked. So if my first car had that many problems, I'm just hoping I will at least be lucky with the second one. There's not much more that I can do about it... Feels like it at least...

I'm not sure what I could suggest you having so little experience. But give them hell if everything else failed. Bug them, contact official Russian BMW representatives. Do whatever you can think of. At least you know you've tried. Worst thing that can happen is nothing more then you're already experiencing.

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2010, 02:41 PM   #8
nathan35
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 sDrive18d

I have been driving an sdrive18d for a bit more than 3 months, and, while it is indeed the "little one" of the family, it is more than enough in most situations. Accelerations are ok, perfect grip despite 2wd, and allows to easily cruise at 180 km/h with reasonably low cabin noise (actually, you hear the wind much more than the engine).
Above all, the small engine combined with 2wd yield a really good consumption for such a relatively high and heavy car; I got below 5.5l on highway at constant 120 km/h, about 7l in mixed use, and about 6.5 on a long trip, fully loaded, winter tires, and going around 150 km/h. So, in my opinion, an optimal engine for everyday use.
Appreciate 0
      11-11-2010, 04:36 AM   #9
El_GrindCore
Spain
Rep

hello!

thanks for your words!! ^_^ I can't wait to drive it!! It should be 2-3 weeks from now... argh!! the waiting is awful!!

expect a lot of pics once I get it!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #10
El_GrindCore
Spain
Rep

and the time has come!

just as they told me, 6 weeks after booking it, my sDrive18d is in my possession now ^_^ I'm a happy hippo now

and of course, some photos!

and totaly unnecesary but funny nevertheless, my driving amulet:

yay!!

after driving it around for 200 km. in different kinds of ways (highway, mountain road, city, 13th circle of hell, etc.) I have nothing negative to say, no whistling sounds over 120 km./h, no weird functioning of doors... nothing out of the usual, just smooth driving. I hope is stays like that!!
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 01:16 PM   #11
jaxxsson
A man's reflection
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Nice ride!!

Mine is sheduled for delivery next week !

some interior photos?
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 04:10 PM   #12
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_GrindCore View Post
and the time has come!

after driving it around for 200 km. in different kinds of ways (highway, mountain road, city, 13th circle of hell, etc.) I have nothing negative to say, no whistling sounds over 120 km./h, no weird functioning of doors... nothing out of the usual, just smooth driving. I hope is stays like that!!
Congratulation! I like the colour combo, white with black roof rails etc.

Enjoy it, its a real blast to own.
"There is no passion to be found playing small - in settling for a life that is less than the one you are capable of living" - Nelson Mandela
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2010, 05:49 PM   #13
El_GrindCore
Spain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario486 View Post
Congratulation! I like the colour combo, white with black roof rails etc.
it was the cheapest combination...

but I really like it
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2010, 04:59 AM   #14
Gatekeeper
Captain
France
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d Security

Nice ride.
      12-03-2010, 07:34 AM   #15
aris