09-14-2010, 06:00 PM   #1
mozdal
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10

Trading xDrive20d with xDrive23d

Hi everyone,

Recently, I've been thinking of trading my Marrakesh Brown xDrive20d with a Black xDrive23d. My 20d is now 21k kilometers, whereas the 23d is 8k. Some major specs of my car: 319 style 17 rims, meridian gold seats,high-gloss black trim, multi func. sport steering wheel, black roof rails, xenons, auto a/c, servotronic, panoramic sunroof.

23d has all of those and also has some more extras: red-brown dakota, 18 wheels, X-Line, aluminum rails and seat heating as far as I remember.

The seller wants 53,500 for his car. I think we can have a deal for 52k. My car roughly worths 49-50k. So it is my car + 2-3k Euros.

My only concern is the past of the 23d. How can I know that he didn't push the car too hard? That will be my first second hand. On the other hand, My only chance to buy a 23d is a second hand since the distributor imported only 30 units to Turkey and by then they are only importing xDrive20d Auto. That car is one of the 30 in country

What are your recommendations? Should I buy the 23d or stick with my "every issue known" 20d? Thanks.

-Mert

Edit: Photos of 23d=> http://www.sahibinden.com/ilan/vasit...-foto/?photo=1

Last edited by mozdal; 09-14-2010 at 06:28 PM.. Reason: URL of 23d added
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 02:46 AM   #2
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozdal View Post
Hi everyone,

Recently, I've been thinking of trading my Marrakesh Brown xDrive20d with a Black xDrive23d. My 20d is now 21k kilometers, whereas the 23d is 8k. Some major specs of my car: 319 style 17 rims, meridian gold seats,high-gloss black trim, multi func. sport steering wheel, black roof rails, xenons, auto a/c, servotronic, panoramic sunroof.

23d has all of those and also has some more extras: red-brown dakota, 18 wheels, X-Line, aluminum rails and seat heating as far as I remember.

The seller wants 53,500 for his car. I think we can have a deal for 52k. My car roughly worths 49-50k. So it is my car + 2-3k Euros.

My only concern is the past of the 23d. How can I know that he didn't push the car too hard? That will be my first second hand. On the other hand, My only chance to buy a 23d is a second hand since the distributor imported only 30 units to Turkey and by then they are only importing xDrive20d Auto. That car is one of the 30 in country

What are your recommendations? Should I buy the 23d or stick with my "every issue known" 20d? Thanks.

-Mert

Hi Mozdal, Is there anyone that can check the car out for you, maybe a BMW garage? Personally, I prefer having a car from new so I know its been treated well. I would stick with the 2.0d. The 2.3d is nice although I thought that the 2.0d felt smoother (marginal though). For 2-3k Euro difference its very tempting.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 03:48 PM   #3
mrbodhi
Rep
Drives: Mini Copper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozdal View Post
Hi everyone,

-Mert

unless you want a bigger fuel bill...the 23d is an amazing engine a kicks alot of arse but it is thirsty beast.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 03:52 PM   #4
mozdal
Private First Class
Turkey
Rep
Drives: E84 & F20 & F10

Thanks for your advises, I think I'll have the car checked by one of my friends but I may go on with my 20d since I know all its history. For the performance concerns, do you think that BMW will offer a performance pack like in 1er and 3er? As far as I know, the set consists of ECU remap, a bigger radiator and a new torque converter that has lower rate of power loss. Engine produces 199bhp with remap + torque conv. + radiator sounds promising

Last edited by mozdal; 09-16-2010 at 04:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Mulberry
Catuvellauni
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive23d MSport

AC Scnitzer provide a tuning upgrade that sounds impressive. Have a look at their website. They also have body panel modifications that make the whole car look (in my opinion) better. For the cost of the change and the uncertainty that goes with buying a used car you might be able to increase your performance and have the car badged A C Scnitzer...just a thought.
Appreciate 0