Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-07-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
olmar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1

Problem with Blutooth

Hello everybody

I seem to have a serious sound quality problem with BT system. When I get into the hot car (yes, I am in "deep South"), A/C kicks in and fans try to cool-of the car by going into high speed. When trying to call using BT, nobody can hear me (almost) until I shut off the fans. No problem then or when car reaches preset temperature.

I wonder if I should redirect the vents, but I do not know where BT microphone is located.
Could this be a design flaw or my X1 has a problem?

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

OLMAR
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 02:10 AM   #2
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by olmar View Post
Hello everybody

I seem to have a serious sound quality problem with BT system. When I get into the hot car (yes, I am in "deep South"), A/C kicks in and fans try to cool-of the car by going into high speed. When trying to call using BT, nobody can hear me (almost) until I shut off the fans. No problem then or when car reaches preset temperature.

I wonder if I should redirect the vents, but I do not know where BT microphone is located.
Could this be a design flaw or my X1 has a problem?

Any suggestions?
The microphones are located in the ceiling console where you have the control for the sunroof and SOS button.

They are not Bluetooth microphones, but wired microphones -- the sound system and your phone connect with Bluetooth, but the connection between the microphones and the sound system is wired. Yes, this distinction is important, as it allows the sound system to filter noise.
You can also adjust the microphone sensitivity ("volume") through the "Tone" menu, but only when there's an ongoing call. It will remember the setting, so it's a one-time-job you might want to do.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 06:52 AM   #3
vbbuilt
Private
Rep
Drives: x28i

When that A/C is on full force (max a/c), the sound of the air rushing from the vents is quite loud. I have to turn up the volume on the stereo, significantly, to hear the music. That tornado is loud enough to drown out normal conversation. Even if you held the phone to your ear, under those circumstances, your listener would be hard pressed to hear you clearly.

Vince.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2013, 07:41 AM   #4
kbass
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

I am not able to use the voice command when ac is on high and pointing all the way up. Definitely the ac does interfere with the microphones.
Appreciate 0
      08-05-2013, 08:28 PM   #5
olmar
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1

Thanks everybody.
Looks like I have to work on adjustments of my vents since I know now where the mike is.
Appreciate 0