03-02-2015, 03:33 PM   #1
Nisa
Registered
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 1.6i

Info is needed.

Hi there.
I recently bought an X1 1.6i since the family got bigger.
I was thinking to buy a bigger car but the economical situation on Greece is.......
So I bought this since it has nice area spaces and came with a lot of extras on a great price.
So here are the changes-modifications I want to do and I need your help-suggestions-knowledge.

1. Seats ... can I add sport seats and if yes how? The current ones must be the worst I have ever feel.....

2. Is there a way to make the flash lights "flash" when i lock the car?

3. I want to tune it a bit. I am sysure it can but I havent found yet the best way. My boss has a 3.16i and he got up to 50-55hp using schnitzer tuning.I found burger tuning. Any opinions for them? Or maybe anything else to propose? I just need stage 1... just a tune... nothing more But my motor 1.6i is only available on 2 3 countries so no much luck....

4. Has anyone add the cargo net (if I spelling it right? which is right behing the rear seats up to the roof? Any opinion on how to retrofit?

5. I am also looking for auto dimming mirror plus auto folding external mirrors. Can I do anything about these?

6. Should I tint the windows or just use sunshades for the rear ones? I am also confused.

I have scearch the forum and I have found some infos but I am getting lost most of the times since some of the modifications require the car to have some optional packages which I am not sure if I have them.

Sorry for such a big post.
any advice help will be appreciated.
Forgot to add my vin since it may help... VIN: V320269

Thank you in advance.
Nikos
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 06:40 PM   #2
DRTMGRT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3M

Garage List
  [0.00]
  [0.00]
Try turning your light switch selector to auto (A) mode then lock and unlock it. It should flash. As for tuning, I have the burger Motorsport stage one on a s28i and really like it. It is a bang for your buck addition, And awakens the already good engine.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2015, 08:34 PM   #3
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
The burger won't work on your 16i. It's designed for the much larger N20 engine. AC Schnitzer while expensive, makes a great product. It will be better suited to your engine than the N20 module from Burger.

You can set your lights to flash by either using the (A) on the headlamp switch or by going through the computer, there's an option in there for light flashing during lock/unlock. Look through your manual, it'll explain how to get that menu up.

As for the seats and folding mirrors. Yes you can have that stuff all installed. I suspect you'd end up paying more for that stuff than what you're willing to shell out. Expect numbers in the thousands of dollars.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0