XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

01-07-2024, 06:03 AM   #1
Horrorman
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 E84

BMW X1 E84 CIC software update just doesn't work!

Hi all,

Im on the end of what I can do. I searched the whole internet. I have a BMW X1 E84 from 2013 with CIC from a deceased family member. It has been maintained well but never updated in software.
The current software version is MX 003.004.031 and so is the same TX version.

Old software, and as my iPhone 15 keeps disconnecting the bluetooth I wanted to try to optimize this.
But I just can't update the software. Ive read that UPD01008.bin is the latest one. With alot of effort I found on the internet, as if i go to BMW update website it says CONGRATULATIONS, your car is up to date, which it clearly isn't when I put in my VIN.

Then I load the bin file on USB drive, and the BMW screen says I can't update because the file on the USB drive is not the most recent file. How is this possible, I have 2011 software on my car and I read everywhere that the MX and TX version I have is super old. Tried multiple USB sticks too, all same message.

So my question is, do I have to stack updates, like previous updates first before I can use the UPD01008? Like 01006 version first?
And there's just no way to get these updates, I only found a like 8 MB bin file on the internet which clearly doesn't work.

Please help, or provide me with the right file?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 10:12 AM   #2
Portly
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive28i, M2

The most recent file I have is also 1008. I've checked regularly through the years, and it doesn't appear they ever released anything newer.

A couple quirks, which you may already be aware of, but I'll mention just in case: First, the system can be picky about USB brand. Might be worth trying another USB drive. Also, I _think_ it has to be formatted FAT32, but don't remember for sure. Lastly, although there's a USB interface right at the base of the dash, I had to use the one inside the glovebox to update my system.

Best of luck.

_Jeff
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 11:34 AM   #3
Horrorman
Registered
Rep

It doesn’t work I tried all what you’ve said. I’m thinking maybe I should try one file older? But nowhere to be found. Or I don’t have the right 01008? It just says it can’t update because the usb drive doesn’t contain the most recent files, while I do have old Mx and tx systems. Driving me nuts man.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2024, 05:45 PM   #4
Horrorman
Registered
Rep

Anyone know how to solve?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 05:48 AM   #5
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

My current android works great and streams music, full function bluetooth... when my daughter was driving the car, she used the corded USB connection in the center console to charge and connect her iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 07:24 AM   #6
Horrorman
Registered
Rep

Okay, but that’s not the solution
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2024, 01:53 PM   #7
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

The potential solution is to use a wired connection since you can't get thy software to update
Appreciate 0