XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

08-18-2012, 02:09 PM   #1
Papethova
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 135/ '11 1M

X line with sports seats?

Is it possible to order sports seats with the X line?
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
MSportX1
Private
Rep
Drives: X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papethova View Post
Is it possible to order sports seats with the X line?
No. To get sports seat, you have to order either Sport Line (without sports suspension) or M Sport Line (with sports suspension). Different Lines have different wheels, exterior looking and interior trims. Besides, some interior colors are limited to a specific Line.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
dicker
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

Nope, gotta get sport line or M sport. The X line looks very nice and I do wish it had the sport seats....
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 05:07 AM   #4
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Lol Papethova are you going to follow me in buying an X1 as a companion or your 1M?

(getting an x28 blue m myself. I'll save you some time since I researched this much is seems that spec is the pick if the litter for a 1M driver (m package on x meaning hydronic steering and up to 80% torque to the rear wheels)).
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:14 AM   #5
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

Hydronic as you call it steering, comes with all but sDrive X1s, but you're right on the torque split- why wouldn't they all do that already, especially the 35i? The problem is BMW is taking away the ability to customize. Maybe I don't want my nothing to do with motorsport division vehicle to be slathered with M badging in order to just get a sport suspension. OK forget sport suspension after all this isn't going to be a sports car anyway, just give me (if I'm paying 1450 for leather) terra interior with sport seats and 6MT option. No, how about some nice durable cloth that most of the world but US gets? BTW- where is that 4 cylinder diesel we all thought we'd see especially after this 2 year failure to launch? Its a nice car, right size for my needs but I think we'll have more, better (for some) choices (diesels) in the next 12-24 months. I can wait.
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car

Last edited by Monterra; 08-20-2012 at 09:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:31 AM   #6
BEAMERBOI
Photographer
United_States
Rep
Drives: x1 35i M version 2013

Sorry but the x1 have Electric Power Steering not hydraulic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monterra View Post
Hydronic as you call it steering, comes with all but sDrive X1s, but you're right on the torque split- why wouldn't they all do that already, especially the 35i? The problem is BMW is taking away the ability to customize. Maybe I don't want my nothing to do with motorsport division vehicle to be slathered with M badging in order to just get a sport suspension. OK forget sport suspension after all this isn't going to be sports car anyway, just give me (if I'm paying 1450 for leather) terra interior with sport seats and 6MT option. No, how about some nice durable cloth that most of the world but US gets? BTW- where is that 4 cylinder diesel we all thought we'd see especially after this 2 year failure to launch? Its a nice car, right size for my needs but I think we'll have more, better (for some) choices (diesels) in the next 12-24 months. I can wait.
      08-20-2012, 09:04 AM   #7
Monterra
Captain
Rep

Don't be sorry, be informed

"So that leaves the X1 xDrive28i, the $33,245 base four-wheel drive version. Sure, it carries a $1700 premium over the rear-drive X1 and it loses 2 mpg city and 3 on the highway, but the extra dough and gas is worth it for the steering alone. See, the X1's four-wheel drive system resides in the place where parts of the electric steering system go -- so xDrive X1s have good, old-fashioned hydraulic assistance."

Read more: http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews...#ixzz245x8gx00
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #8
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
Lol Papethova are you going to follow me in buying an X1 as a companion or your 1M?

(getting an x28 blue m myself. I'll save you some time since I researched this much is seems that spec is the pick if the litter for a 1M driver (m package on x meaning hydronic steering and up to 80% torque to the rear wheels)).
LOL very possibly. Honestly I just want to do another ED and this is the only BMW vehicle I have interest in thats built over there. Id much rather have an X5 or 6 but then I cant do ED... on the other hand I can get them as a real M car.

I too am leaning towards the x28 M in blue or white. I love the look of the X line but I would never get a car without sport seats. The difference between sport and non sport seats is drastic.

Im still debating but if I pull the trigger on this it looks like an x28 M Sport
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 03:15 PM   #9
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

"Hydronic" is indeed Hydraulic but spell-corrected by the iPad .

I'm doing ED on the X1 because I couldn't do it on the 1M (though I would certainly have preferred it the other way around), but I'm getting an X1 to replace the A3, so that's what I was looking (and waiting) for, not a X3/5 (which besides being SUVs don't fit in my small garage ). x28 M in LM Blue w/ Ultimate + heated seats (it's "her car" after all! ).
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:06 PM   #10
Papethova
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnm View Post
"Hydronic" is indeed Hydraulic but spell-corrected by the iPad .

I'm doing ED on the X1 because I couldn't do it on the 1M (though I would certainly have preferred it the other way around), but I'm getting an X1 to replace the A3, so that's what I was looking (and waiting) for, not a X3/5 (which besides being SUVs don't fit in my small garage ). x28 M in LM Blue w/ Ultimate + heated seats (it's "her car" after all! ).
Thats funny I was considering an A3 (wanted one since they debuted). Then I thought Ill go Q3 but BMW keeps winning out bc of ED.

Maybe Ill look to see if I can ED a Cayenne.

If you order now when will your ED date be? I dont think Id want to be there for a German winter.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:25 AM   #11
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

So far I'm liking the Xline the best except the lack of sport seats. I like the Sport line, except I really want the wood trim, and not available with the Sport line. It's available in the M line, but not all season tires which I need here in upstate NY. L.O.L.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 10:50 AM   #12
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

I like xline the best for its looks, but I think sport line is the best overall package. Msport looks nice, but I also can't get over all the phoney M pieces.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13' X1, 02' Chev S10

Funny, in Canada you can order the sport seats seperately. But if you also want the Sports package, you can't order light wood trim, or get Velancia Orange. Unless you have leatherette.
I suppose its a way to keep cars unique.

Last edited by stonex1; 11-18-2012 at 12:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:17 PM   #14
M3tallicar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocGuy View Post
So far I'm liking the Xline the best except the lack of sport seats. I like the Sport line, except I really want the wood trim, and not available with the Sport line. It's available in the M line, but not all season tires which I need here in upstate NY. L.O.L.
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that with the December on builds you could order all season tires on the M Sport?

Yeah I hate the way they restrict the sport seats, the overall way they have limited the X1 options stinks.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:25 PM   #15
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3tallicar View Post
Maybe I'm wrong but I thought that with the December on builds you could order all season tires on the M Sport?

Yeah I hate the way they restrict the sport seats, the overall way they have limited the X1 options stinks.
I'll have to ask my dealer about this! I'm still trying to configure mine out and plan to order the next week or the 1st week in December. That might change things a bit...

P.S. Although adding M line takes away the ability to add the Cold Weather Package. One can add heated seats separately, but the M steering wheel means no heated steering wheel. And again, I'm in Upstate NY. I think I don't want to be without the cold weather package.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 12:40 PM   #16
M3tallicar
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
I'll have to ask my dealer about this! I'm still trying to configure mine out and plan to order the next week or the 1st week in December. That might change things a bit...

P.S. Although adding M line takes away the ability to add the Cold Weather Package. One can add heated seats separately, but the M steering wheel means no heated steering wheel. And again, I'm in Upstate NY. I think I don't want to be without the cold weather package.

Offhand I don't recall what's in the X1 CWP but I always end up ordering the heated seats a la cart anyway, usually because they stick those blasted headlamp washers in with it and I personally am not a fan. Heated steering wheel sounds nice but I'd forgo it to have sport seats, plus I like a bit thicker wheel.

Here's the info on the all weather tires in case your dealer isn't aware - http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=654267
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 01:16 PM   #17
MrSnrub
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 02 WRB WRX, 13 Jet Black x28i

CWP includes heated steering wheel, heated front seats, and retractable headlight washers, as you suspected.

I figure the wheel gets warm as quickly with my hands on it/heat on, as it does with that option, but the dealer claims otherwise.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #18
Monterra
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yep- I don't find this funny though, this used to be a big upside- you could order the car how you wanted, now its so limiting you might as well just find one on a lot that's close to your spec and negotiate a better price.

BTW- you're the first person since the dot com bubble to punctuate LOL
Appreciate 0
      11-19-2012, 07:06 AM   #19
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSnrub View Post
I figure the wheel gets warm as quickly with my hands on it/heat on, as it does with that option, but the dealer claims otherwise.
Two words: driving gloves.
Appreciate 0