XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-23-2018, 04:09 PM   #1
BILLY MEIER
Rep
Drives: 1995 gti vr6

I want to take BMW of Peabody to small claims court

Just need some advive if you guys are interasted in helping me out , I own a 2009 bmw 328i x drive , Only has 28,000 miles but the AC Crapped out , only blowing hot air, ( heat worked fine) so I take it to bmw of Peabody mass , They looked at my car and they tell me its out of Freon, Also there is a tiny leak in the system , They explained it would be like $1,200 to put a new system but they are confident that if they refilled it with Freon I would have AC for at least 2 to 3 years due to the leak, so oil change and to fill it with Freon was $420 ,

Pay them take the car home and now the ac and heat don't work, I mean the climate control does not even light up, im like wow cant be coincidence that my whole computer controlled ac / heat does not even turn on , take the car back and with out being rude I tell them I don't believe in coincidence, in my opinion you guys broke my whole system

dude comes back and says blower motor is jammed , also bearing has a lot of play so it needs to get replaced , im like you guys didn't see this problem the first time? anyways payed them $300 to replace the blower motor , now im minus $700 , well guess what? I go home and the heat works but ac blows hot air. they tell me "well we told you there was a leak, im pissed im gonna take them to small claims court , what are my chances of losing? I wouldn't bring my bmx bike to this dealer
Appreciate 1
oolas3387.00
      05-23-2018, 04:12 PM   #2
iamwingman
Major
Rep
Drives: 21 Carrera S, 23 Tesla Model S

Quote:
Originally Posted by BILLY MEIER View Post
Just need some advive if you guys are interasted in helping me out , I own a 2009 bmw 328i x drive , Only has 28,000 miles but the AC Crapped out , only blowing hot air, ( heat worked fine) so I take it to bmw of Peabody mass , They looked at my car and they tell me its out of Freon, Also there is a tiny leak in the system , They explained it would be like $1,200 to put a new system but they are confident that if they refilled it with Freon I would have AC for at least 2 to 3 years due to the leak, so oil change and to fill it with Freon was $420 ,

Pay them take the car home and now the ac and heat don't work, I mean the climate control does not even light up, im like wow cant be coincidence that my whole computer controlled ac / heat does not even turn on , take the car back and with out being rude I tell them I don't believe in coincidence, in my opinion you guys broke my whole system

dude comes back and says blower motor is jammed , also bearing has a lot of play so it needs to get replaced , im like you guys didn't see this problem the first time? anyways payed them $300 to replace the blower motor , now im minus $700 , well guess what? I go home and the heat works but ac blows hot air. they tell me "well we told you there was a leak, im pissed im gonna take them to small claims court , what are my chances of losing? I wouldn't bring my bmx bike to this dealer
You probably, but maybe not, signed an arbitration agreement on the service order contract that you signed.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 04:13 PM   #3
BILLY MEIER
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwingman View Post
You probably, but maybe not, signed an arbitration agreement on the service order contract that you signed.
yea they made me sign something before they took my keys , is this some kind of crap that I cant sue them? thanks for the reply
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #4
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Quote:
yea they made me sign something before they took my keys , is this some kind of crap that I cant sue them? thanks for the reply
Yeah. It’s bs. But anymore most of em have it. Almost unavoidable.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 04:19 PM   #5
EJT86
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
  [0.00]
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Was it the Centennial Drive one? I wouldn’t bother with the dealer at all for repairs, take it to Turner Motorsport. That’s where I go
Appreciate 2
      05-23-2018, 04:22 PM   #6
oolas3
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

You should try posting this in the regional section of the forum.

Also I would avoid any dealership if you're out of warranty. Go to North Shore Motor Werks which is down the street from this dealership.

My friend had his freon done at another indy for $100.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 04:27 PM   #7
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oolas3 View Post
You should try posting this in the regional section of the forum.

Also I would avoid any dealership if you're out of warranty. Go to North Shore Motor Werks which is down the street from this dealership.

My friend had his freon done at another indy for $100.
That really depends on the dealer. I have been taking out-of-warranty BMWs to the dealer for many years with no problems at all.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 1
P111541.50
      05-23-2018, 04:32 PM   #8
BILLY MEIER
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJT86 View Post
Was it the Centennial Drive one? I wouldn’t bother with the dealer at all for repairs, take it to Turner Motorsport. That’s where I go
http://www.bmwpeabody.com/

Its the bmw dealer that's right next to mini cooper, Actually sold my minicooper clubman s to them, As far as turner motorsports They are horrible, bunch of scammers they lie and cheat , I know you or anyone on here will never believe me , I had a low mileahe 99 bmw m3 , I want to make a thread about turner but never did because who the hell would believe me?

also schneller bmw is a phony con artist , ill take both experiances to my grave , no one is honest now a days

http://schnellerbmw.com/
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 04:38 PM   #9
BILLY MEIER
Rep

Quote:
Yeah. It’s bs. But anymore most of em have it. Almost unavoidable.
Hate to bug you, so if I take them to small claims court , all they have to do is waive this paper with my signature on it and I cant sue or be heard?
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 04:51 PM   #10
iamwingman
Major
Rep

Not sure how that would work. When served they would probably send the arbitration agreement and then the case would be dismissed. I would think twice about that though, because those same arbitration agreements usually also have a clause that you pay all legal costs they incur. So they might charge you a grand just for responding to the small claims court service.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 04:52 PM   #11
iamwingman
Major
Rep

They got you by the balls normally. It’s like the Apple agreement, you don’t have to agree, but if you don’t you don’t get the service.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #12
BILLY MEIER
Rep

Quote:
Not sure how that would work. When served they would probably send the arbitration agreement and then the case would be dismissed. I would think twice about that though, because those same arbitration agreements usually also have a clause that you pay all legal costs they incur. So they might charge you a grand just for responding to the small claims court service.
Again thanks for your time, do you think if I called the dealer and asked to talk to the owner or manager they would probably just laugh at me? I mean I spent 700$ and im back to square 1 heat works and ac does not, should have just shopped around , just didn't expet they would scam me, in my eyes they str8 scammed me
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #13
UglyBuzzard
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 / M5

Life is too short. They have legal docs and you have a choice. I would move on and never set foot in there. Karma has a way of working out.

With that, call BMW NA and let them investigate.
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 05:01 PM   #14
overcoil
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i 6spd

You can call BMW N. America and ask if they’ll forward a letter to the regional rep.

As far as arbitration, check your state consumer laws first - check online or write a letter to state commission to find out what is permissible.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:06 PM   #15
BILLY MEIER
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyBuzzard View Post
Life is too short. They have legal docs and you have a choice. I would move on and never set foot in there. Karma has a way of working out.
Oh I know stressing myself out , its just that so many car dealers have done me wrong, I read all these posts about buying a new car is stupid, ive lost so much money on buying used cars this is the last used car I buy
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:08 PM   #16
iamwingman
Major
Rep

I’d take my case to the service advisor again and see if they won’t throw you a bone of some sort. Discount on the next round of repairs maybe.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #17
oolas3
Captain
Rep

I found this email for the general manger on Yelp:

John Pirotte jpirotte@bmwpeabody.com
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:11 PM   #18
BILLY MEIER
Rep

Quote:
I’d take my case to the service advisor again and see if they won’t throw you a bone of some sort. Discount on the next round of repairs maybe.
Put yourself in my shoes , how do I trust them to work on my car again? just like I don't trust turner motorsports, when someone looks you in the eyes and lies to you, well its kind of like your girlfriend cheating on you, trust is gone
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #19
BILLY MEIER
Rep

Quote:
I found this email for the general manger on Yelp:

John Pirotte jpirotte@bmwpeabody.com
thank you my friend really nice of you
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:12 PM   #20
oolas3
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Hate to bug you, so if I take them to small claims court , all they have to do is waive this paper with my signature on it and I cant sue or be heard?

Check what you signed. Does the word "arbitration" appear in any of the paperwork you signed?
Appreciate 1
      05-23-2018, 05:17 PM   #21
iamwingman
Major
Rep

They are a lot more scared of a better business bureau complaint than anything.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2018, 05:23 PM   #22
BILLY MEIER
Rep

Quote:
Check what you signed. Does the word "arbitration" appear in any of the paperwork you signed?
Both times I went there I have so much on my mind , I just signed with out even looking or reading it, he kept the signed form , only thing he gave me was the 2 receipts, even told me he feels bad and that he cut me a deal LOL what a deal , my ass

I mean they break my ac / heat make me pay for it and ac still does not work , mad at myself for paying him the 2nd time, I should have just said fix it for free because you guys broke it in the first place
Appreciate 0