XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-11-2018, 08:54 AM   #67
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
We're all fighting demons the rest of the world knows nothing about. So, unless someone has wronged you, be kind.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 08:55 AM   #68
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Pretty sad when people will verbally attack someone who is deceased. I never heard of anyone having anything but positive things to say about the guy.
Sadly, that seems to be the lovely social media fueled age we live in. It has brought out all the immature hateful cowards trying to deflect their own issues.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-11-2018, 08:57 AM   #69
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Tὸν τεθνηκóτα μὴ κακολογεῖν.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 09:38 AM   #70
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Sadly, that seems to be the lovely social media fueled age we live in. It has brought out all the immature hateful cowards trying to deflect their own issues.
Deflection and projection. You are 100% correct. Sad times and people are disgusting.
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #71
yco
i'm just saying
Rep
Drives: E71 X6M '10 (sold)

R.I.P..
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 11:16 AM   #72
DerEisbaer
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & VW Golf Mk2

I will miss him... His parts filmed in Libanon, Israel, Asia, every single piece was outstanding!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 11:25 AM   #73
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Rather than reply to each one of the comments that I feel should be, I'll make a few generalized statements. None of us actually know what others are dealing with on a daily basis. I've made the reference to Chris Rock's "When you meet someone, you aren't meeting them; you are meeting their representative" comment before as this holds a considerable amount of weight. No one wants to be vulnerable to let everyone in so that the world can see their psyche as a raw exposed nerve as there are too many people out there who display narcissistic tendencies. Those who tend to try to make their candle shine brighter by blowing out someone else's. We are all guilty of this to some degree at some point in our lives until we recognize the damage that it does...some of us never open our eyes enough to actually see it as we are so consumed with our own lives. Arguing over each others points doesn't help, this is exactly my point. I have found it is better to be happy in life than to continually prove how right we are. Being right or arguing your point doesn't bring peace of mind.

As far as suicide rates increasing, I have done much research on this topic and they are, in fact, increasing. They are also another "flavor of the week" for the media as more influential people are committing suicide, therefore it is receiving more media coverage as well. Some factors of the decision of ending one's life can be attributed to mostly depression stemming from lost love, mental disorders, drug addiction/abuse but can also come from such things as living with a terminal illness and not wanting friends or loved ones to watch them suffer. Again, none of us know what any of the rest of us are dealing with and can make no judgments of anyone else's actions. You never know how you will act/react until you are in that situation yourself, then your mentality, perception and conditioning (what you have experienced in life) comes into play. Again, judging, arguing your point, telling someone to snap out of it or inability to relate/understand only serves as catalyst.

To those who suffer with depression, get help. I would recommend finding alternative options other than anti-depressants, they are very dangerous; I speak from experience. I no longer use, but marijuana helped me significantly. It allowed me to sleep and heightened my ability to enjoy life. Funny how a depressed person can take a few hits and their entire mindset is different within minutes. This is not a one size fits all type solution but it did help me until I no longer needed it. Marijuana advocation is completely different topic and I'll try to stay on topic.

To those who may read this, now or in the future, that are contemplating suicide; the only thing that I ask is for you to look around. As grim as life can be at times there are people that care about you. Life works in cycles as does the entire universe. Things may be dark but they will become light again, you just have to be patient. I typically do not like to share my experience on this subject but if it can help someone then it is worth my time to type it.

My father committed suicide at Christmas 4 years ago. He had a short bout with cancer and from what my sister and I were told, he had beat it and we were overjoyed; it had been very difficult prior two years for all of us. During this time, the "love of his life" began cheating on him as he was no longer able to perform due to the removal of the tumor. He sank into depression quickly. We all tried to help him. We spent whatever time we could with him, tried cheering him up, trying to get him involved in getting out of the house more, speaking with counselors, pastors, etc.....nothing helped. Chirstmas, we were supposed to go to his house and do the family thing.....he had other plans. My uncle arrived at his house first and found my father in his bed. Shortly after I receive the phone call. I saw the outcome, the mess on the wall, the floor, my father...the only parent I really had abusive or not, laying in his bed with half of his head missing. There was no note, no communication....nothing. To this day we still have no understanding as to why. It could have been that the cancer was not gone, it could have been because the depression of losing his love. We were never given closure. This was 4 years ago. I still have nightmares every single night. When I hear people make comments jokingly like "I want to shoot myself" or seeing someone shoot themselves in a movie, the last image of my father is the first thing that pops into my head; in fact I no longer remember how my father looked, I can only remember how he looked the last time I saw him. To touch on the point that was made earlier about none of us know what others are dealing with, I don't mention this image in my mind when people make those types of comments. People don't know what I've seen or how it affects me; but rather than try to explain and risk being labeled as one of those who are offended by everything, I keep my thoughts to myself. This is part of my frustration with today's society and everyone being offended by everything.

To those who are in a dark place, get help. It's out there, but you have to make the first move. Those that love you want to keep you in their lives.
1-800-273-8255
Jesus fucking H, that's some hard reading.

Condolences.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13152.00
      06-12-2018, 11:59 AM   #74
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Jesus fucking H, that's some hard reading.

Condolences.
I appreciate your words. Thank you. I tried to make it as condensed as possible yet get the point across. Unfortunately, I'm that guy that makes therapists tear up. It was a 6 month long nightmare that eventually culminated in none of my family members associating or talking to one another again. I honestly feel as if we are all in better places now.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 03:15 PM   #75
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

The paparazzo that took pic(s) and sold them is now an emotional wreck. Supposedly, Tony saw them a few days before his last.
Attached Images