Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

07-04-2009, 09:35 AM   #45
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Be prepared for it to be way overpriced, like the X3 is. My X3 was almost $43K and did not even have Nav. If it wasn't for the crazy leases they had going in '06, I never would have considered it.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 06:52 AM   #46
timeg
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BSM 09 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
I love it, this is going to be my second car. It's more like a crossover than an SUV. I saw a demo on the road the other day, all the haters should hold off of the judgements till they see one in person! To me this is more of an option for people considering a wagon than an SUV, as the dementions are closer than they are to the X3.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 07:06 AM   #47
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by timeg View Post
I love it, this is going to be my second car. It's more like a crossover than an SUV. I saw a demo on the road the other day, all the haters should hold off of the judgements till they see one in person! To me this is more of an option for people considering a wagon than an SUV, as the dementions are closer than they are to the X3.
it looks better than the x3, but that's saying absolutely nothing because of how ugly the x3 is
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 07:30 AM   #48
ChrisK
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '19 M2C

Garage List
$10 the next 1 series will have the same nasty looking front end all of the new bimmers are getting.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 07:35 AM   #49
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: various bmw's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
$10 the next 1 series will have the same nasty looking front end all of the new bimmers are getting.
umm, the 1 series has the nasty front and headlights, and now every other model is getting them

wait till you see the headlights on the new 3 series facelift
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2009, 09:18 AM   #50
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I own both a 128i and a small SUV, a Suzuki Grand Vitara (2006). I bought the GV in large part because it was the most practical vehicle I could find to tow my ~2000 lb boat. I could have purchased a pickup but I wanted to be able to haul 4-5 people occassionally too. I also believe that a utility trailer is a better thing to mess up that the bed of a pickup hauling things (I have a small utility trailer too but my BMW would pull it). So my argument for my SUV is I need to pull things and like a SUV for that more than a pickup. A large sedan would probably do it but extra ground clearance is nice on some boat ramps and may make the difference of your interior staying dry or not as you back the boat into the water.

My SUV is my "practical car" so I don't know if I'd pay BMW prices for it's replacement. But I would definitely think about it. I'm getting used to the way BMW does things and I generally like it.

With respect to safety, SUVs tend to be heavy and to sit high. Both are positive for the SUV driver but not so positive for sedan drivers. When I am in my bimmer, I would kind of prefer not to have pickups and SUVs around me. Most collisions involve two vehicles and sedan to SUV, I would rather be in my SUV. The limited data I have seen support that Pickup/SUV drivers tend to have better odds in a sedan to SUV collision.

Jim
      12-08-2009, 12:25 PM   #51
timeg
Private
Germany
Rep
Drives: BSM 09 135i

Garage List
2009 135i  [0.00]
You're crazy, it's going to probably priced better than the VW, and it's way smaller! BTW I have a 135i, I just think this makes a great 2nd car, something to take to the lake.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2009, 11:08 AM   #52
nunojca
Rep
Drives: 535d

Well, there's a lot of people that doesn't understand the meaning of a SUV because the only thing they do in life is going from home to work and from work to home in the boring high-traffic road of the city.

If you had an active life style, and don't live you life in front of a screen, then you will understand why a SUV. I think it's a conservative way of thinking and resistance to change one of the reasons people doesn't undersatand SUVs.

Besides that, i love Top Gear but Jeremy Clarkson created the stupid idea that SUVs don't have a meaning and a lot of people that cannot think for himself uses that though. The cars are being reinvented every day and open your mind to new ideas and life styles!

Imagine me and my two longboard in an 535d!
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2009, 10:23 AM   #53
pereru
Spanish Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunojca View Post
Well, there's a lot of people that doesn't understand the meaning of a SUV because the only thing they do in life is going from home to work and from work to home in the boring high-traffic road of the city.

If you had an active life style, and don't live you life in front of a screen, then you will understand why a SUV. I think it's a conservative way of thinking and resistance to change one of the reasons people doesn't undersatand SUVs.

Besides that, i love Top Gear but Jeremy Clarkson created the stupid idea that SUVs don't have a meaning and a lot of people that cannot think for himself uses that though. The cars are being reinvented every day and open your mind to new ideas and life styles!

Imagine me and my two longboard in an 535d!
+1

In Spain people dont have the culture of the "touring" cars but we need to adopt this culture. BMW can help us

Salu2
Appreciate 0