XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

02-06-2023, 09:59 AM   #1
Lknight
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw x1

Bmw x1 2013 led upgrade lights flicker

Hi everyone,

I recently changed the low beams and high beams on my x1 2013 to LED plug and play lights. They work fine and i have managed to remove all fault codes through bimmercode by switching the hot and cold monitoring to not active.

Though despite doing all this everytime i start the engine the lights momentarily flicker and then after this they are fine. I have heard to switch off all hot/cold monitoring which i think i have done on expert mode bimmercode but i am still getting this issue when starting the engine?

Any advice at all would be appreciated?

Thank you
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2023, 10:11 PM   #2
maxwmiller
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive2.8i

Hey Lknight, I did the same with mine. What kind of "LED plug and play" lights did you install?

Outside of coding the error messages away, I am not sure if there is anything else you can do about this. IMO it's pretty normal for lights to need a second or two to fully power up. Xenon lights take a few seconds to reach maximum intensity, even halogens need a second to heat up. Honestly, LEDs might be the best thing out there for quick start-up.

I know it is probably annoying but is there any other reason you want to change this? Is there an issue while the car is running ie: flickering or shutting off randomly during driving? If my two cents are worth anything, it might not be worth it to play around with the car more or invest more money.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2023, 05:22 PM   #3
Bali
E46 Fanatic
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 E84 F15

When I ordered these Morimoto H7:2STROKE 3.0 LED BULBS…
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h7...-H7?quantity=1
…I added these anti-flicker modules…
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/mo...KER?quantity=1
…and that took care of the flicker.

I also added these 2stroke 3.0 adapters: Euro H7
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/h7...APT?quantity=1
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2023, 09:22 AM   #4
cwickberg
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X1 35i MSport Ultimate,

How long do they flicker? Check to see if the flicker in manual and auto mode... could also be the light switch... this is a known failure
Appreciate 0