11-17-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2015 X3 F25 XDrive 28i M Sport

TWIX - Wheel/Tyre Set Up.

Hi Twix,
After getting new wheels and tyres I am considering changing again.
Could you tell me your Original Set Up including Width and Offset/ET's.
Your Sportline doesn't come with bigger wheels like MSport doe's it.

I think you mentioned elsewhere your 19x8.5 F have 235's and 19x10 have 265's maybe. Could you tell me if correct and your tyre offset/et and profiles.
I think you mentioned 245's might be to big for the front.
Was your suspension changed to suit/be compatable with your new set up.

I'm only asking this because of all the BMW and tyre peoples comments that come across as sometimes questionable.
Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2014, 10:15 PM   #2
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
Wheels
Fronts: Work Brombacher MHG 19x8.5J et 27
Rear: Work Brombacher MHG 19x10J et 34

Tires
Fronts: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 235/40ZR19
Rear: Michelin Pilot Super Sport 265/35ZR19

Take a look for my pics somewhere around here. You can see that the sidewall on my front wheels is almost perfectly squared up. The rears have a slight stretch, but the only other options I had would be to have made the wheel 10.5-11" wide and use a 295 tire. We at the wheel shop didn't think it would fit. Maybe with BC or KW coil overs it would fit, but not with stock OD springs. I think I have about 3/4" or less of clearance to my rear struts. Hope this helps. You can also step each one of those offsets back one and still be ok for fender clearance.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #3
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Other Comments Welcome.

Twix, Thanks for reply. Also.

1) Re my 1'st paragraph. Could you let me know your original set up with all specs.
2) RE my 2'nd paragraph, last line. Did you replace your original set up with your new set up without any changes.

3) I was always comparing my Original running diameter with other choices, But I think either you or someone else said, as long as the running dia. on your new wheels and tyres are the same or if staggered have very close running dia., they really don't have to match your original running dia. I understand we have to consider suitable fitment and clearance for our cars and that's why I'm trying to cover all bases.

4) My Original is 17x7.5 et34 c/w 225/50/17.
The wheels I am looking at are 8.5 et35 and 9.5 et33. What's your thoughts on fitment.

Hope you don't mind all my nagging questions and Other Comments Welcome title.
Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2014, 11:31 PM   #4
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
I have the stock 421 sport line wheels. No idea what the specs on them are besides they're 18x8J. I believe the offset is 34. I use the original wheels for the winter.

The wheels you're looking at won't work. The fronts, they would stick out 8mm further. They would most likely rub and you'd need to roll your fenders. The rears, see if you can get et 27-29.

The most you would want to do on the front would be 8.5 30et. Anything else might rub at full lock or rub the fender on compression. Especially if you're lowered.

Outer diameter matters, for two reasons. They must match. Otherwise you'll destroy your xDrive unit. If you go too big or too small, you'll run into your speedo not reading correct and your odo will lie. I think my tires are about .3" bigger than stock.

I don't really know what you're asking about in regards to if I replaced my original setup or not. I went from stock BMW wheels to aftermarket.

If you can, see if you can get that front to be somewhere around et 26-28. See if the manufacturer makes it, they probably do. Also, make sure the centre bore is for E9X BMWs or you'll have to use hub centric rings.

So try to see if this works for the wheels you want:

Front: 19x8.5J et 27
Rear: 19x9.5J et 28

That would be about the same extremeness as my setup. No fender rolling or trimming the rear liners.

Look up willtheyfit. com, that place you can mess around with dimensions to see what will give you a good fit. Keep in mind, going with a smaller number et than what I have and you may experience rubbing. Anything larger would be ok, but you lose the flush to the fender look.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
GTony
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep

Hi Twix,
Many thanks for all your suggestions and help.
Will now start mixing, matching and processes of elimination.
Cheers.
Appreciate 0