XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > Classifieds: Members for sale-trade-wanted

02-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep
Drives: 2013 Bmw X1 35i X-Line

F/S 18 inch x line wheels and Pirelli run flat tires $1K (SOLD WHEELS)

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
I have a set of 18 inch style 322 18 inch wheels and tires for sale, they are
18x8 with 225 45 18 with 30mm offset, they have 95% Pirelli Centurato Run flat tires, I took them off at 1400 miles, they ar like new and excellent conditon, only reason for selling is bought after market 19 wheels, bmw cost per wheel is 392 each, tire rack peice for tires is 292 each, will sell for $1000 or make me good offer, great for winter set or spare set of wheels, i was told they would fit on 1 and 3 series cars and many others check with dealer, these are real bmw set not replicas,

Attached Images

Last edited by bmw5406spd; 02-10-2013 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

I think you are misquoting the tire rack value for these tires. You have the Pirelli All-Seasons which is a vastly different, and less expensive than the summer P7s.
      02-09-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
I think you are misquoting the tire rack value for these tires. You have the Pirelli All-Seasons which is a vastly different, and less expensive than the summer P7s.
Yeah, Tire rack has them for $568 for all four, no miles on them.

If the rim price is $392 x 4 = $1568 for all four, that means a total of $2136 new.

Asking for more than half of that is IMO too much with 1400 miles on them. But good luck.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grovsnus View Post
Yeah, Tire rack has them for $568 for all four, no miles on them.

If the rim price is $392 x 4 = $1568 for all four, that means a total of $2136 new.

Asking for more than half of that is IMO too much with 1400 miles on them. But good luck.
yeah i guess they are wore out, with 1,400 miles...and the wheels being OEM kills the value there, i guess if i can find someone to give them to i'd be lucky! Maybe ill have to pay someone $500 to take them off my hands..lol I hope the tires tirerack sells have no miles on them considering they are new....

Last edited by bmw5406spd; 02-09-2013 at 05:26 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 03:32 PM   #5
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nospam View Post
you are correct, sorry looked up the wrong ones...they are $142 on sale reg $199, I like how Grovsnus tells me what he thinks my wheels and tires are worth even though hes not interested in buying them...lol anyway if someone is looking for a like new set i have them and will give a good deal on them...they do me no good sitting in garage

Last edited by bmw5406spd; 02-09-2013 at 05:25 PM.. Reason: typo
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:33 PM   #6
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5406spd View Post
yeah i guess they are wore out, with 1,400 miles...
No, they're not, but I fear you might not be aware of the instant depreciation of wheels and tires. Tires lose around 30-50% immediately by being used at all, much like shoes, and becomes a hard sell with any visible wear.
And 1400 miles is definitely used.
Rims are less subject to wear, but the buyer has to gamble on there not being any invisible damage, especially for low profile wheels.

There's also a surplus of the "standard" tires and wheels, because people often upgrade (like you did), which unfortunately pushes the price down further, compared to the top choices.

Finally, consider that the buyer will have to pay for installation and calibration, on top of what you get. It's included in the price if buying from a dealer or reputable local tire store, but if buying private, that's an extra cost.

As for me not being interested in buying, how do you know? If the price is right, buying spares is indeed on my shopping list. But in this case, I'd have to ditch the tires, as mine uses performance summer tires. $800 for the wheels without tires, seller pays shipping is my offer, and I believe it is a fair one.

Good luck; just don't be disappointed if you don't get what you hinted at in the first post. But don't take my word for it, look up used tire/wheel prices online. eBay is a good pointer.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #7
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

Quote:
No, they're not, but I fear you might not be aware of the instant depreciation of wheels and tires. Tires lose around 30-50% immediately by being used at all, much like shoes, and becomes a hard sell with any visible wear.
Rims are less subject to wear, but the buyer has to gamble on there not being any invisible damage, especially for low profile wheels.

There's also a surplus of the "standard" tires and wheels, because people often upgrade (like you did), which unfortunately pushes the price down further, compared to the top choices.

Finally, consider that the buyer will have to pay for installation and calibration, on top of what you get. It's included in the price if buying from a dealer or reputable local tire store, but if buying private, that's an extra cost.

As for me not being interested in buying, how do you know? If the price is right, buying spares is indeed on my shopping list. But in this case, I'd have to ditch the tires, as mine uses performance summer tires. $800 for the wheels without tires, seller pays shipping is my offer, and I believe it is a fair one.

Good luck; just don't be disappointed if you don't get what you hinted at in the first post. But don't take my word for it, look up used tire/wheel prices online. eBay is a good pointer.

im very aware of what wheels and tires are worth, ive been in the car business for 27 years, your values are way off for current year model OEM wheels and tires, and this style wheel is not plentiful, i have not seen one used set for sale, maybe after a few years there might be more around, also 1400 miles of use is nothing on wheels and tires, if you can find these wheels and name brand tires for the 30% value you state for current year wheels and perelli tires, yes ebay is a good site to buy from, none there for sale.. except mine...lol
      02-09-2013, 05:51 PM   #8
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw5406spd View Post
if you can find these wheels and name brand tires for the 30% value you state for current year wheels and perelli tires, yes ebay is a good site to buy from, none there for sale.. except mine...lol
Where do you get 30% from? My estimate was 50% (see the calculations above), and my offer for the rims higher than 50%, by your own figures.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

Quote:

Anyway $1k is a good deal, as there is absolutely nothing wrong with them, not damaged or plugs in tires, if anyone interested in them let me know.....
      02-09-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

$1k obo seems like a fair ask to me.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 09:09 PM   #11
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1X 2.8

Quote:

Actually, if someone on this forum buys them I'd bet $$$ that they'll have the gumption to install a wheel on a hub. Calibration?? You mean initialize the Pressure sensors? Who the hell has to pay for that?
There's nothing wrong with the price he's asking. If someone were to buy new tires and have to mount and balance them, Now that would set one back a few. His are already mounted and balanced. You forgot to mention that while you were nitpicking everything else.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #12
bmw5406spd
Passionate About Cars
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBWT View Post
Actually, if someone on this forum buys them I'd bet $$$ that they'll have the gumption to install a wheel on a hub. Calibration?? You mean initialize the Pressure sensors? Who the hell has to pay for that?
There's nothing wrong with the price he's asking. If someone were to buy new tires and have to mount and balance them, Now that would set one back a few. His are already mounted and balanced. You forgot to mention that while you were nitpicking everything else.
Thanks for the positive feedback, its nice to hear for a change....
      02-10-2013, 02:14 PM   #13
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
There's nothing wrong with the price he's asking.
You're commenting on posts that refer to a top post that has since been edited.
The price he was asking, $1400, was a bit on the high side. His current price of $1000, there's nothing wrong with at all. My suggestion was even a bit higher than this.

Quote:
You forgot to mention that while you were nitpicking everything else.
If you still have issues with me after a heated discussion a few weeks ago that even got moderated, please take it offline. i'm sure the fine people here aren't interested in personal mudslinging one way or another.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
If you still have issues with me after a heated discussion a few weeks ago that even got moderated, please take it offline. i'm sure the fine people here aren't interested in personal mudslinging one way or another.
I have no idea what you're talking about. And don't recall any of MY posts being modded. Then again, I really don't care.

Last edited by HBWT; 02-11-2013 at 06:44 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 06:46 AM   #15
HBWT
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
You're commenting on posts that refer to a top post that has since been edited.
The price he was asking, $1400, was a bit on the high side. His current price of $1000, there's nothing wrong with at all. My suggestion was even a bit higher .
I can only go by what I read...no wonder your comments came across as ridiculous. I suppose you could have edited your post to avoid confusion for any follow-up readers.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2013, 09:50 AM   #16
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I can only go by what I read...no wonder your comments came across as ridiculous. I suppose you could have edited your post to avoid confusion for any follow-up readers.
Thanks for clearing that up for me.
I doubt it's common practice to patrol fora and edit all one's comments to reflect whenever there's been changes higher up in the thread. Does anyone do so, or find it reasonable?

(And again, if you could please stop with the vitriol and ad hominems, I'm sure it would improve the overall tone. Your shiny wit is misplaced.)
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #17
tc328
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 328

Garage List
2007 3  [0.00]
Dont listen to the Honda guy trying to tell you what its worth lol
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2013, 04:54 PM   #18
Midnight-x