XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > X1 DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Discussions

06-17-2012, 04:05 PM   #1
Killercornflake
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Ignition Wire Location

Hi All , i am in the process of installing a remote start / alarm into my X1 and i need to locate the ignition and starter wires . Does anybody know where i can tap into them in the cabin / under dash and what colours they are ? Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 05:36 PM   #2
ohnoyuji
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Mini Cooper/ BMW X1 i28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killercornflake
Hi All , i am in the process of installing a remote start / alarm into my X1 and i need to locate the ignition and starter wires . Does anybody know where i can tap into them in the cabin / under dash and what colours they are ? Thanks in advance.
Good luck on doing that, as lots of us know the new BMW aren't just starting wires or tap wire required because there are chip in your keys that will prevent remote starters!
Go ask the dealer, they will tell you the same. But yet search a bit on google you will find some very expensive option.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2012, 06:20 AM   #3
Killercornflake
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

I have already sourced all of the parts required , Viper 5904 , Fortin EVO ALL and a Fortin int bmw2 ignition switch pts bypass . These are all installed in the car but the remote start part of the system will not work. I keep getting a Remote start not available on my keyfob. I am assuming it is because i do not have the remote start side of the system connected to an ignition feed from the car?
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #4
EidlBen
Rep
Drives: Gray M5

Sorry bro, it seems that I can't help you. like what sir ohnoyuji said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoyuji View Post
Good luck on doing that, as lots of us know the new BMW aren't just starting wires or tap wire required because there are chip in your keys that will prevent remote starters!
Go ask the dealer, they will tell you the same. But yet search a bit on google you will find some very expensive option.
I also don't like messing with the Ignition Wire. I might end up doing more / breaking it and cost me more money than I should. Best bet for you would be to ask the dealer.
Appreciate 0