XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

09-23-2011, 12:15 PM   #67
abhay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: X1 s2.0d

Hi Ecoveon,

Nice to see your setup looks cool, also I see you got a Wood Panel, is it by factory or you did the mod, I actually got black panel on dashboard.

Regards
Abhay
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2011, 03:30 PM   #68
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoveon View Post
THIS WILL ONLY WORK IF YOU HAVE A USB/AUX INTERFACE - SA 6FL IN THE DASHBOARD:

Buy the Iphone 4 cradle separately - 84 21 2 219 208 and the E84 Adapter Tray 84 21 2 219 865 (model specific). (By not buying the whole kit 84 21 2 219 219 you will save on the control unit and harness cost )

Install the Adapter Tray and Cradle.

Next connect the wire from the cradle to the AUX/USB port from the inside - 4 wires from the cradle, 2 for audio out -white/yellow + 2 for power GND+5VO black/brown.

Now you will be able to charge the Iphone and listen to the audio from your Iphone through your head unit car speakers when you select AUX mode.

As you have not touched anything else your blue tooth and steering controls will work as they have always been previously.

The phone call will also take precedence over music.

Also no coding is required because the car thinks that you have plugged in your Iphone using the Y cable from the outside using the USB/AUX port.

So its pretty simple installing the cradle with no visible wires or coding and all existing hands free controls still working perfectly.

Unlike a 30 pin Apple Dock the cradle only has 14 wires - 3 Audio L+R+GND, 2 MIC, 2 Bluetooth, 2 Power GND+5VO, 1 Reset, 1 BC-WDG. In addition it has 2 U-CH + 1 GND.

Im no expert but to me I dont see video IN like in a 30 pin Iphone Dock. So I am assuming you will not be able to push a video feed in through the cradle.

But if anyone knows more, please share it with us.
are you saying you can control track functions while its still in the cradle? or while its plugged in via usb armrest?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 01:17 PM   #69
ecoveon
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: x3 - G01

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
are you saying you can control track functions while its still in the cradle? or while its plugged in via usb armrest?
You can control the tracks while its in the cradle. In this option there is no connection from the central armrest.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 03:07 PM   #70
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoveon View Post
You can control the tracks while its in the cradle. In this option there is no connection from the central armrest.
although I am stumped as to why, It doesn't appear there is any data connection to/from the cradle, do you know HOW this is working?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 08:26 PM   #71
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by taibanl View Post
although I am stumped as to why, It doesn't appear there is any data connection to/from the cradle, do you know HOW this is working?
Also, you said this only works with 6FL in the DASH? Do you mean for some reason you have to have the combox in the glove box as opposed to the trunk?
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2011, 11:46 PM   #72
csirias
Rep
Drives: x1 2.5i

Any thoughts on this setup http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605561 I think it looks better.. and you can connect the iphone to it. The only part that concerns me is the adapter tray. What's the adapter tray part numbet used on this retrofit for e84?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2011, 05:24 PM   #73
iNasi
Registered
Rep
Drives: x1

Problem with SAFETY ALERTS (radars)

Hi,
I live in Spain and I have bought the app BMW link for my new BMW X1.
But I have a question for you. Could you see the SAFETY ALERTS in your app BMW link? Because I can't see them in my device. I have called at BMW in Spain, but they haven't answer at this problem.
Any idea??

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2011, 06:32 AM   #74
DUH CAR
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by iNasi View Post
Hi,
I live in Spain and I have bought the app BMW link for my new BMW X1.
But I have a question for you. Could you see the SAFETY ALERTS in your app BMW link? Because I can't see them in my device. I have called at BMW in Spain, but they haven't answer at this problem.
Any idea??

Thanks.
Don't think so. Just Twitter, Facbook.
      11-10-2011, 02:36 PM   #75
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Quote:
Originally Posted by csirias View Post
Any thoughts on this setup http://e84.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=605561 I think it looks better.. and you can connect the iphone to it. The only part that concerns me is the adapter tray. What's the adapter tray part numbet used on this retrofit for e84?
I looked at the Alpine 370 monitor and their USB hub, however it will not take a phone and I want bluetooth.

It does look good though.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 03:13 PM   #76
gIzzE
Major General
Rep
Drives: F11 + 911 C4

Latest for UK users is we won't be getting this.
UK law states that you can not install a device that allows video in motion, which the iphone does, so BMW UK can't release this over here.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #77
taibanl
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gIzzE View Post
Latest for UK users is we won't be getting this.
UK law states that you can not install a device that allows video in motion, which the iphone does, so BMW UK can't release this over here.
Wow, that is monumentally stupid, do they sell any iPhone mounts whatsoever? i.e. the Tom Tom, Navigon or Magellan Mounts? What about the belkin mounts?
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #78
boxim
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007 AW E92 Xdrive

iphone station audio issues

I ordered an OEM part (BMW Part 84 21 2 219 219) the BMW station for Apple Iphone, this product is not sold in North America yet.
It may be that it is only available in Germany. I had the product installed by an authorized BMW dealer, but am having issues with the quality of the audio. Music sounds like my speakers are blown. Goes from low to high pitch depending on what part of the song is playing. Song levels are completely off. I tried adjusting the settings on the radio and iphone, to no avail. What is interesting as well is the fact now the aux jack in the center console which played fine before is emitting the same quality sound now that the station is installed.

I think it’s probably an issue with the coding, I don’t see it being an issue with the actual station since the connection is analog.
I was hoping to get some information for my dealer on troubleshooting the issue, or coding the product, maybe an update is required that isn’t available in Canada yet?

I drive a 2007 BMW 328xi coupe
Any information will be greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2011, 07:31 PM   #79
Canadian eh!
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440xi Gran Coupe!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxim View Post
I ordered an OEM part (BMW Part 84 21 2 219 219) the BMW station for Apple Iphone, this product is not sold in North America yet.
It may be that it is only available in Germany. I had the product installed by an authorized BMW dealer, but am having issues with the quality of the audio. Music sounds like my speakers are blown. Goes from low to high pitch depending on what part of the song is playing. Song levels are completely off. I tried adjusting the settings on the radio and iphone, to no avail. What is interesting as well is the fact now the aux jack in the center console which played fine before is emitting the same quality sound now that the station is installed.

I think it’s probably an issue with the coding, I don’t see it being an issue with the actual station since the connection is analog.
I was hoping to get some information for my dealer on troubleshooting the issue, or coding the product, maybe an update is required that isn’t available in Canada yet?

I drive a 2007 BMW 328xi coupe
Any information will be greatly appreciated

The easy answer....they f****d up the wiring when they did the install and the connection is loose, they likely spliced it into the aux input and it is not a proper connection. Thus the sound changes and static. Make them fix it.
Appreciate 0