XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-23-2016, 10:28 AM   #23
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5M F85

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZ06
Quote:
Originally Posted by StatenEye View Post
Camaro is not even in question. I saw the US top gear and the M4 lapped faster than the Camaro so I'm not sure what beat means. Also, the Camaro hurts my eyes. If I want a dedicated track car I'll get an Aerial Atom if I want the fastest well rounded car on the road I'll have an X5M. Camaro SS pulls up next to me at a stop light they are going to have a lot of explaining to do on why a dedicated sports car just got trounced by an SUV. Z06 for that matter as well. Like I said, if I want a well rounded car that's at the top of the speed, and luxury game I'll grab an M.
The SS beat the M4 handily, sir.
I've seen a bunch of your posts in the past and always avoided responding bc it's clear you are here to push Chevy on everyone bc you own one seeking validation. The SS did not handily beat the M4. The M4 was faster around the track and thats that. Nothing you can do to change that or the fact that the SS looks like an over grown boat. If I buy American it's the Mustang all day as they are getting smaller and more nimble and just blatantly look better.

Top gear did a great review putting the Vette against the 599 and in the end the reviewer stated on the track the Vette was great but off it, it was a horror show but the Ferrari and other European cars in its class were great on AND off the track which is why that are worth the extra bills bc you are getting 2 cars in one.

I'm not going to debate this any further bc this will go nowhere but constantly stating things like SS over M4 and Vette over M6 / M5, like you have in the pas,t on a BMW forum reeks of attention seeker status. So I will not be corresponding with you further.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 01:48 PM   #24
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
I'd personally go for a Cayenne turbo/S or Range Rover Sport SVR if I wanted a luxurious well rounded SUV but regardless, all Euro sport-SUV's are in for a rude awakening when the Track Hawk hits the roads.
I've got my eye on the GLC63 mule seen driving around. A GLC63s with 503hp TTV8 and at least 600+lbs lighter than a X5M sounds fun. 4matic for those repeatable launches. Also a smaller more agile package.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 03:34 PM   #25
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
If you're referencing the Motortrend review, the Camaro is easier to launch consistently and they are statistically equal on the track. The Camaro trounced the M4 in the subjective areas though.

As for the X5M, again looking at the numbers, the Camaro SS is about equal in straight line performance. As for the Z06, either he is racing C6 Z06's or he is racing against C7 Z06's with crappy drivers that can't handle the 640 HP. Though same could be said if he raced C6 Z06's as they are also faster than the X5M straight line( best times for the X5M's is the worst times I am finding for the C6 Z06).
Who is comparing an SUV to a muscle car or sports car & when did a Z06 enter this? LOL
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 03:35 PM   #26
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I've seen a bunch of your posts in the past and always avoided responding bc it's clear you are here to push Chevy on everyone bc you own one seeking validation.
I stopped reading there because you are off your rocker. Good day, sir!
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 05:06 PM   #27
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZ06 View Post
Who is comparing an SUV to a muscle car or sports car & when did a Z06 enter this? LOL
Staten did when he brought up his X5M smoking Camaro's and the Z06.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2016, 11:01 PM   #28
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
When in doubt, go off the deep end, right?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 09:51 PM   #29
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
My initial comment was about BMW an Cadillac no? Then I get an attention seeker chiming in about a Camaro SS completely out of left field. So the Chevy guy is trolling the boards looking to push buttons.. I never should have responded.... fed the troll in the orange matchbox car, I'm the idiot - i should have known better.

To the other SUV comments, The Ranger Rover is substantially slower and I'm not in to the look at all, the Cayenne turbo is slower and the Turbo s is slightly slower @ $50k more. So I'm pretty happy with the X5M.

This is the last time I comment on an American car thread. Even though I gave a pretty neutral opinion in my first post a few guys have to come out of left field to throw digs, just not cool.

Last edited by StatenEye; 07-24-2016 at 10:21 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 10:20 PM   #30
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_ View Post
I've got my eye on the GLC63 mule seen driving around. A GLC63s with 503hp TTV8 and at least 600+lbs lighter than a X5M sounds fun. 4matic for those repeatable launches. Also a smaller more agile package.
For me, what makes the X5M so great is BMW was able to achieve speed and agility without putting it in a tiny awkward looking package like an X3/4, Macan, GLK/GLC but I guess they can always throw the S63 pp in a X3, Ive heard its in the works actually but i still wouldn't be a buyer. In the end, I would still go X5M bc the smaller SUVs just look strange to me. You never feel the weight in the X5M it handles and accelerates like a sports car. My next car has big shoes to fill but should do ok as its likely to be the G30 M5.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 01:43 AM   #31
DieGrüneHölle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
For me, what makes the X5M so great is BMW was able to achieve speed and agility without putting it in a tiny awkward looking package like an X3/4, Macan, GLK/GLC but I guess they can always throw the S63 pp in a X3, Ive heard its in the works actually but i still wouldn't be a buyer. In the end, I would still go X5M bc the smaller SUVs just look strange to me. You never feel the weight in the X5M it handles and accelerates like a sports car. My next car has big shoes to fill but should do ok as its likely to be the G30 M5.
I'm the opposite I wouldn't touch anything bigger than a GLC63 or Macan. X5, ML, etc, have just gotten too big. They hide their weight but not their size. X3 will be getting the S55, not S63. That is why the GLC63s is so appealing, small package getting the big boy V8. It will be unique in the segment with that package.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 05:21 AM   #32
scorped
Private
Rep
Drives: Not for the badge hoes

Are camaro fans really deluded or do they just lack reading comprehension skills? They throw around phrases like "trounced the m4" and "spanked the m4" when referencing that stupid motor trend comparison but I think they didnt bother to read the review, they just looked to see which car won and make the assumption the camaro dominated. Unless I'm the one lacking reading comprehension, I show the m4 got around the track faster and the two were virtually tied in everything except braking. That's hardly the beatdown gm fans make it out to be.

But we'll let them have all the comparison test wins they can handle; certainly isn't doing a thing to help sales, so they need SOMETHING to brag about.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 07:45 AM   #33
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorped View Post
Are camaro fans really deluded or do they just lack reading comprehension skills? They throw around phrases like "trounced the m4" and "spanked the m4" when referencing that stupid motor trend comparison but I think they didnt bother to read the review, they just looked to see which car won and make the assumption the camaro dominated. Unless I'm the one lacking reading comprehension, I show the m4 got around the track faster and the two were virtually tied in everything except braking. That's hardly the beatdown gm fans make it out to be.

But we'll let them have all the comparison test wins they can handle; certainly isn't doing a thing to help sales, so they need SOMETHING to brag about.

Guessing you are an owner of a relatively new M3/M4?

Personally think you are wasting your time on the endless debate between two similar cars which a magazine reviewed and picked one as the winner but if talking about this article - http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chevr...let-camaro-ss/

Quote:
“I ran the numbers a couple of times just to make sure these were as close as the charts show,” road test editor Chris Walton noted when he emailed us the performance results. “FREAKY close, nearly identical.”
Quote:
Meaning that tenths of seconds and hundredths of g’s don’t actually matter in the real world. The only outlier in terms of performance was braking: 108 feet for the BMW against 102 feet for the Chevrolet.
Quote:
Of course, the other numeric outlier is price: $46,095 as tested for the Camaro SS, $77,495 for the M4. That’s more than $31K.
To me this is the biggest "win" for GM. I could buy a car for me and my wife for the price of the M4, or take a $4,400 vacation each year for the next 7 years.

Quote:
We also both preferred the way the Camaro tore up a ribbon of asphalt compared to the M4.

The Alpha chassis is worth its weight in … aluminum. It’s properly stiff and sporty; we’ve yet to find an Alpha car that didn’t handle at or near the top of its class. “We’re hard on the M4 because of our high expectations from anything with a Roundel on it—and that absurd price,” Cammisa said. “But the fact is that the 4 Series is still a reasonably well-engineered car, and a beautiful-looking one at that. What’s missing is any trace of that special sauce that used to make BMWs worth the additional price: tuning.”

All the little things that used to come standard on not just M Division cars but with BMWs in general seem to be lacking. “The steering’s numb, the shifter’s sloppy, the engine’s response is nonlinear, and the clutch pedal has far too much travel,” Cammisa said. The Camaro had far superior electric power steering and a more precise shifter, and its clutch, which by no means is world-class, is better than the third pedal in the M4.

As for the engine, no contest here—small-block all the way. Again, we know the performance numbers are a virtual dead heat, although the Camaro is so much easier to launch that on the street the Chevy will win 90 percent of the time. That’s not what we’re talking about. We enjoyed the 6.2-liter natural breather more.
Again, reality is it is one person or small group of people's opinion and worrying about what others think is a waste of time.

Last edited by David70; 07-25-2016 at 07:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 08:06 AM   #34
IndotagSwizz
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 320i

how can we take the two idiots in this video seriously, they were in love with the lex and def. thought it was going to win until the real car driver told them what a night and day difference the two cars were and how much he preferred the caddy, at that time the two idiots were like "yeah no way the lex was going to win"
      07-25-2016, 08:20 AM   #35
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:

They were virtually tied on the track too with only a .2 of a second difference. Maybe if Randy did another lap with these cars, the Camaro would have been faster.

It's a drivers race with these two cars in terms of objective performance numbers. The only area the Camaro dominated was the subjective areas.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #36
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
My initial comment was about BMW an Cadillac no? Then I get an attention seeker chiming in about a Camaro SS completely out of left field. So the Chevy guy is trolling the boards looking to push buttons.. I never should have responded.... fed the troll in the orange matchbox car, I'm the idiot - i should have known better.
Toughen up, buttercup. No one trolled anything. You got one thing right...you are the idiot.

My matchbox car needs to eat. Bring that X5M over.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #37
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blipit_
Quote:
I'm the opposite I wouldn't touch anything bigger than a GLC63 or Macan. X5, ML, etc, have just gotten too big. They hide their weight but not their size. X3 will be getting the S55, not S63. That is why the GLC63s is so appealing, small package getting the big boy V8. It will be unique in the segment with that package.
Definitely will need to test drive that after more reading. It really sounds like a blast. the GLC is the only one that looks good to me as well. Macan isn't bad but a V8 in that GLC is going to be a smile factory, can't deny that.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 08:52 PM   #38
StatenEye
Banned
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2016 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2011 BMW X5M  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeZ06 View Post
Toughen up, buttercup. No one trolled anything. You got one thing right...you are the idiot.

My matchbox car needs to eat. Bring that X5M over.
Yikes, trashy. Enjoy the attention this got you.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 11:55 PM   #39
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:

If I recall, they attributed the time differences to "noise" that could allow either to look faster, but basically the same, while saying that the Camaro was a lot more fun to drive, more engaging, etc. That's where the "trounced" came from. And at 1/2 the price. Also, it was the regular SS, not the 1LE. What would the 1LE do? lol...That's what shows you GM is serious about these cars...as opposed to BMW.