XBimmers X1   XBimmers X1
  XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts

09-10-2016, 06:45 AM   #1
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

eBay Question

I sold an old video card (sapphire 7970) on eBay about two weeks ago. Buyer received the card and claimed its broken and that I was scamming him. Stated that it will not POST in his computer. He then put in for a refund via eBay and they took his side. I know card worked because it was in my pc prior to being shipped.
I received the card yesterday and made a video of myself opening the box taking out the card and then putting it in one of my pcs. I fired the PC up and card works fine, which again I have on video. Obviously the buyer was an idiot and not capable of proper troubleshooting. I noted in my posting that returns are not excepted and he did return a good card, on my dime. To those of you guys who deal with eBay, what are my options now. Personally I feel that he should be made to take the card back and reimburse me for shipping ..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 07:10 AM   #2
lkn415
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I had a similar scenario just recently. However, my auction was for a 1k+ item but never went into a dispute.

Paypal is very pro-buyer. Meaning, to resolve any issues they tend to go back to point A before any transactions took place. Seller gets their item back, buyer gets their money back. I'm afraid you're going to have to take your losses on this one and move on. I lost out on $100+ for freight to/from/insurance. It's pretty discouraging when shit like this happens but the inevitable will happen regardless of how well your seller rating is; there's always that one bad apple every now and then.

Good call on having the pkg on video btw, I did the same exact thing to protect myself to ensure I received the same stuff i originally sent.

Last edited by lkn415; 09-10-2016 at 07:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 08:24 AM   #3
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkn415 View Post
I had a similar scenario just recently. However, my auction was for a 1k+ item but never went into a dispute.

Paypal is very pro-buyer. Meaning, to resolve any issues they tend to go back to point A before any transactions took place. Seller gets their item back, buyer gets their money back. I'm afraid you're going to have to take your losses on this one and move on. I lost out on $100+ for freight to/from/insurance. It's pretty discouraging when shit like this happens but the inevitable will happen regardless of how well your seller rating is; there's always that one bad apple every now and then.

Good call on having the pkg on video btw, I did the same exact thing to protect myself to ensure I received the same stuff i originally sent.

Thanks. This is why I hate selling on eBay. It's $140 so I won't cry about it but eBay better reimburse me my posting fee and return shipping fee
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 06:57 PM   #4
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

So eBay closed out the case after telling me that they can't do anything till the initial case is closed.. During the next call they told me that they can't refund me for the shipping since the case was closed, wtf!!!

eBay is a bunch of BS these days, you can't even give a buyer a negative rating. And they are 100% on the buyers side even when you present evidence to the fact that the buyer fucked you over..
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2016, 11:39 PM   #5
PINeely
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 535i, 2015 Tundra 1794

Sounds like your buyer either bought the wrong card or didn't know how to set it up and is trying to make you pay for their mistake. I sell a lot of car parts on Ebay so I have dealt with this a couple of times, basically the only chance you have is if you can prove the card was returned to you in a different condition than it was sold. Unfortunately since the part is used you probably won't be able to do this, and your video shows that it came back in the same cond. you sent it.

Pretty much the only time a seller has recourse against a buyer on Ebay is if they don't pay for the item, and even then you can't leave neg feedback, just open an unpaid item case against them. They're in bed with PayPal and PayPal sides with the buyer 99.9999999999% of the time. It's garbage.

Last edited by PINeely; 09-10-2016 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2016, 12:23 AM   #6
gtron
powerhouse
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Porsche 981 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I sold an old video card (sapphire 7970) on eBay about two weeks ago. Buyer received the card and claimed its broken and that I was scamming him. Stated that it will not POST in his computer. He then put in for a refund via eBay and they took his side. I know card worked because it was in my pc prior to being shipped.
I received the card yesterday and made a video of myself opening the box taking out the card and then putting it in one of my pcs. I fired the PC up and card works fine, which again I have on video. Obviously the buyer was an idiot and not capable of proper troubleshooting. I noted in my posting that returns are not excepted and he did return a good card, on my dime. To those of you guys who deal with eBay, what are my options now. Personally I feel that he should be made to take the card back and reimburse me for shipping ..
This is one of those situations that doesn't happen all the time and you just have to say fuck it and move on. Its not thousands of dollars or worth the energy to even get upset over.

As a matter a fact, every minute you spend on it is money lost because time is money. If you spend 20 hours to make $100, you're making $5 an hour. If you're losing money and still spending time on it... you do the math.
      09-11-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
hongsc
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

eBay is pro buyer and you won't get shipping fees back. I think you lucked out though because they could have shipped you back a brick and they still would have got their money back. All eBay/Paypal needs is confirmation that the "item" was returned/received.
      09-25-2016, 01:34 PM   #8
kolhozbrothers
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

eBay sucks. You can't do anything.
Next time sell it on craigslist for less.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 10:52 PM   #9
SLVSRFR
Captain
Guam
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i

This is why I only do local sales.
eBay has been full of scammers since I actively started using it in 2010. He could've sent you a broken video card back and eBay still would've sided with him unless you had high substantial proof that you didn't receive the card you had sent him.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2016, 11:27 PM   #10
rabman5
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: none

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
eBay is definitely pro-buyer now. I qit selling on there, too many scammers. The "no returns" policy is a joke. They don't care.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:03 AM   #11
kolhozbrothers
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLVSRFR View Post
This is why I only do local sales.
eBay has been full of scammers since I actively started using it in 2010. He could've sent you a broken video card back and eBay still would've sided with him unless you had high substantial proof that you didn't receive the card you had sent him.
Even that wouldn't work. Ebay is a good place to buy but not to sell.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:08 AM   #12
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Damn OP, sorry to hear. I starting dealing back in 2001 on ebay and finally hanged it up years ago. Local sales are the way to go and/or known vendors for me.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 10:23 AM   #13
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Damn OP, sorry to hear. I starting dealing back in 2001 on ebay and finally hanged it up years ago. Local sales are the way to go and/or known vendors for me.
So update:

Roughly two Fridays ago I called again because I was supposed to get my selling free refunded.. Got transferred to some clown overseas that I went ballistic on. Long story short I asked him if he was fucking retarded and then applauded Ebay for hieing the mentally ill.. He stated that since the case was closed and that eBay ruled against me I would not be refunded anything.. Explained to him that the buyer committed fraud and I have video evidence that backs up my claim.. He then says to me "Well how do you know it was not broken when the buyer got it.. You don't know that?

SO I replied; "You fucking mongolid moron are you retarded? I told you I have a video made of me taking the card out of a SEALED package coming back from the buyer and testing it.. So wtf happened? Did the mailman decided to dabble in electronics and fixed it before delivering it to me? How the fuck can the card be broken at the buyers house and work fine for me, literary minutes after it was delivered? Explain that ??!!! And btw I tip my hat to eBay for hieing full retards such as yourself; they are at least trying to give back to the community." This back and forth went on for quite a bit so after that I hung up..

I still had to finish up a bunch of things at work but later on that afternoon, as I began to drive home I called ebay again.. I'm like fuck this shit it will take me about 15-20min to get home, mind as well have some fun with these fuckers and if anything I might get my money back.. Spoke to some really nice Asian chick in Cali, and she refunded me the seller fee without any BS and put in a claim to get back my shipping fee, which eBay finally covered on Thursday.

Still fuck ebay I'm no selling shit on that scammer site ever again.
I will still use them to buy stuff, like example I got a good deal on rubber mats for the 2016 228 but selling is out of the question.

Last edited by Delta0311; 09-26-2016 at 10:38 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 11:15 AM   #14
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
So update:

Roughly two Fridays ago I called again because I was supposed to get my selling free refunded.. Got transferred to some clown overseas that I went ballistic on. Long story short I asked him if he was fucking retarded and then applauded Ebay for hieing the mentally ill.. He stated that since the case was closed and that eBay ruled against me I would not be refunded anything.. Explained to him that the buyer committed fraud and I have video evidence that backs up my claim.. He then says to me "Well how do you know it was not broken when the buyer got it.. You don't know that?

SO I replied; "You fucking mongolid moron are you retarded? I told you I have a video made of me taking the card out of a SEALED package coming back from the buyer and testing it.. So wtf happened? Did the mailman decided to dabble in electronics and fixed it before delivering it to me? How the fuck can the card be broken at the buyers house and work fine for me, literary minutes after it was delivered? Explain that ??!!! And btw I tip my hat to eBay for hieing full retards such as yourself; they are at least trying to give back to the community." This back and forth went on for quite a bit so after that I hung up..

I still had to finish up a bunch of things at work but later on that afternoon, as I began to drive home I called ebay again.. I'm like fuck this shit it will take me about 15-20min to get home, mind as well have some fun with these fuckers and if anything I might get my money back.. Spoke to some really nice Asian chick in Cali, and she refunded me the seller fee without any BS and put in a claim to get back my shipping fee, which eBay finally covered on Thursday.

Still fuck ebay I'm no selling shit on that scammer site ever again.
I will still use them to buy stuff, like example I got a good deal on rubber mats for the 2016 228 but selling is out of the question.
And he wasn't in a mood to help you out? Weird.
      09-26-2016, 11:49 AM   #15
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
And he wasn't in a mood to help you out? Weird.
NO this was after about 5min of me being polite and explaining the situation, with him going out of his way to be as much of a dick as possible.. In the end I got what I wanted..
Appreciate 1
jtodd_fl6703.50