Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

11-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #1
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: X1

Decisions decisions

So I'm giving myself a week to make my final decisions on what exactly I will be ordering with my X1. The final details are harder to decide on that I thought!

I'm definitely getting an xDrive 28i in Mineral Grey. Cold Weather and Ultimate packages. Black leather. The rest of the details are fairly minor, but I am having trouble deciding. But I've narrowed it down to 3 choices.

1. The base line model, no line. I like the price of this one. I like that I can get wood trim on the inside, although it is the light wood. No sport seats.

2. The Sport line. I like the black leather trimmed in red. Love the sport seats (this is the only way I can get sport seats, the M is not for me). No wood trim. I'm not entirely sold on the aluminum trim, but I don't like the high gloss black. If I could get the wood here the deal would be done.

I also like the outside of this. It has more black than the others, specifically the undercarriage pieces that stick out on the front and back. It looks nicer with the Mineral grey.

3. The Xline. Here the dark wood trim is my favorite. Love it. And I also love the Y spoke wheels. Again, my favorite of the wheels offered looks wise. No sport seats. And there is also too much silver (chrome?) on the outside, specifically the grill covers in silver I do not like.

Again, these are all pretty minor differences in appearance. But if I'm ordering it I just want to be sure that I'm going to like it. I'm kind of leaning towards the Sport model just for the seats. Some of the outside appearance things won't matter much when I'm sitting in the car driving. But the seats will matter. That might be the deciding factor.

It is frustrating that I can't get it to be exactly how I want!!!

Any thoughts or comments on these 3 configurations? Any thoughts on the non-sport seats? Any thoughts on the aluminum trim in the Sport line?

Thank you much.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
Jim2013X1
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocGuy View Post
So I'm giving myself a week to make my final decisions on what exactly I will be ordering with my X1. The final details are harder to decide on that I thought!

I'm definitely getting an xDrive 28i in Mineral Grey. Cold Weather and Ultimate packages. Black leather. The rest of the details are fairly minor, but I am having trouble deciding. But I've narrowed it down to 3 choices.

1. The base line model, no line. I like the price of this one. I like that I can get wood trim on the inside, although it is the light wood. No sport seats.

2. The Sport line. I like the black leather trimmed in red. Love the sport seats (this is the only way I can get sport seats, the M is not for me). No wood trim. I'm not entirely sold on the aluminum trim, but I don't like the high gloss black. If I could get the wood here the deal would be done.

I also like the outside of this. It has more black than the others, specifically the undercarriage pieces that stick out on the front and back. It looks nicer with the Mineral grey.

3. The Xline. Here the dark wood trim is my favorite. Love it. And I also love the Y spoke wheels. Again, my favorite of the wheels offered looks wise. No sport seats. And there is also too much silver (chrome?) on the outside, specifically the grill covers in silver I do not like.

Again, these are all pretty minor differences in appearance. But if I'm ordering it I just want to be sure that I'm going to like it. I'm kind of leaning towards the Sport model just for the seats. Some of the outside appearance things won't matter much when I'm sitting in the car driving. But the seats will matter. That might be the deciding factor.

Any thoughts or comments on these 3 configurations? Any thoughts on the non-sport seats? Any thoughts on the aluminum trim in the Sport line?

Thank you much.

The Sports Seats in the Sport Line are amazing. I have the Coral Red and they really pick up nicely with the red stitching on the stearing wheel and floor mats.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #3
Monterra
Captain
Rep
Drives: 15 X1 msport sdrive28

I understand your dilemma- very well actually. For me, even though I love terra leather but I'm not paying 1900 for the privilege of ordering it for 1450 more and then another 500 for the wood. I have sport seats on my 1, drove the X1 without and didn't find them to be bad at all- but true you sit on them more than in them and they don't hold you in place quite as well- for me on the X1 not a deal-breaker. So I'd say just go base but def. go for opt. 18s even if just for the much better Pirellis- 17s are on garbage goodyears, or sport line with gloss black and put the 500 into xenons. If its contrast you're after you could always do coral w/gloss black too...

For 43+k build I think you should be (have) considered just going for the 35i
2009 Montego/terra 128i 6MT (ouch)...great car

Last edited by Monterra; 11-20-2012 at 12:02 PM..
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:11 PM   #4
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X1 -Mineral Grey

Quote:

Thank you much.

Hi,

i ordered a Mineral Grey, XLine... in my humble opinion it rocks.... i guess coz i don't mind having the contrasting colors of the aluminum. some people like the black grill.. but to me the aluminum grill along with the aluminum rack or whatever it is on the Xline make sense and pulls the entire look together. I love the Y spoke... it's different from the rest. it just stands out.. my interior is Oyster nevada... and yes the dark wood trim is stunning. for me the lighter wood stuff gives the impression of something old and a great reminder of a wagon. .. but it's BMW so, its gonna be great either way.

Good luck... i will pick up my carbaby tomorrow and will post some pics... if you are interested in seeing it. Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:14 PM   #5
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

oh and i wasn't too crazy about the kind of seat so that was not a deciding factor.. simply because of the adjustable stuff that for me should help keep me comfortable... plus i would be too busy driving and being excited to drive it to care about the seat.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:30 PM   #6
icemilkcoffee
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Soon to be x1

Go for the Sport line. The seat is something you could feel everytime you sit in the car. The gloss black interior trim instead of wood trim is probably something you'll stop noticing after a couple of weeks.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #7
Dandaman184
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 (Sold)

Why not the M-Sport line? To me I think it looks the best, I am picking up my Mineral Grey M-Sport. I was leaning towards just a Sport Line but then I saw a M-Sport in person and loved it.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 02:17 PM   #8
LatinBimmer
Lieutenant
Peru
Rep
Drives: X5 2014 Sparkling Brown

Sports!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 13' X1, 02' Chev S10

Sounds like your decision will be made on whether you like the Sport Seats more, or the trim inside more.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 06:39 PM   #10
Transfer
Major General
Rep
Drives: Bronco Wildtrak, Tesla MYP

If you haven't seen the "wood" trim in person, it ain't that special. Fake plastic crap that looks great in pictures but is a little cheapo in person. The matte wood on the x-line is probably the nicest but still cheap as hell. Whatever you do, don't touch it.

My point is, get the sport line if it has everything else that you want.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 07:04 PM   #11
Lucky13
Lucky13
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30X

This is actually the first BMW ( out of 14 I've owned) that has wood and I actually like it a lot. It's not really fake its just not a solid block of wood but what do you expect this is not a Rolls Royce. Yes it's coated with plastic but its wood underneath, I know because my wife somehow put a deep scratch in it that I had to sand out with 2000 grade sandpaper.
1995 325i, 1996 328ci, 1997 528i, 1997 Z3 2.8, 2000 528i, 2001 X5 3.0, 2001 330i Convertible, 2002 M3 Convertible, 2003 M3 Coupe, 2004 M3 Coupe, 2004 Z4 3.0, 2004 X3 3.0, 2007 X3 3.0, 2007 335i Convertible, 2013 X1 28 sdrive, 2014 M235 manual, 2020 X3 30i Xdrive
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:02 PM   #12
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transfer View Post
If you haven't seen the "wood" trim in person, it ain't that special. Fake plastic crap that looks great in pictures but is a little cheapo in person. The matte wood on the x-line is probably the nicest but still cheap as hell. Whatever you do, don't touch it.
That's what I'm afraid of. My dealer did not have any on the lot with the wood to check out.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:03 PM   #13
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syle View Post
Hi,

i ordered a Mineral Grey, XLine... in my humble opinion it rocks.... i guess coz i don't mind having the contrasting colors of the aluminum. some people like the black grill.. but to me the aluminum grill along with the aluminum rack or whatever it is on the Xline make sense and pulls the entire look together. I love the Y spoke... it's different from the rest. it just stands out.. my interior is Oyster nevada... and yes the dark wood trim is stunning. for me the lighter wood stuff gives the impression of something old and a great reminder of a wagon. .. but it's BMW so, its gonna be great either way.

Good luck... i will pick up my carbaby tomorrow and will post some pics... if you are interested in seeing it. Good luck
Would love to see!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:20 PM   #14
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Would love to see!

Sales Agent sent this pictures today. I will be seeing my carbaby tomorrow so i apologize for the poor quality. as soon as i have it, i will take some pictures exterior and interior...
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:23 PM   #15
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

here's another pic
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #16
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Wicked, is that Mineral Grey? with Xline?
Thats the same exterior combo I'm considering!

Last edited by stonex1; 11-20-2012 at 09:00 PM.. Reason: Ah, re-read your post, yes, Mineral grey with Xline.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:16 PM   #17
Syle
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonex1 View Post
Wicked, is that Mineral Grey? with Xline?
Thats the same exterior combo I'm considering!
yes it is i haven't really seen it in person... i don't think i can sleep tonight... hahaha... today is a good day ...indeed a blessing to add on this thanksgiving month. my first bmw... and growing up dreaming to own one someday.... and seeing other kids play their bmw car toys wondering and picturing that someday i would be able to own one... i'm super happy... hehehe..and a bit sentimental... a dream come true.

when do you plan to order? i believe it's a good time right now since they are running a "holiday promo".. i got $500.00 off extra on the MSRP on top of the 6.5% off of the total "build your own MSRP.... With the options that i got it came up to be $41,145.00 - the discount of 6.5% = $38,470.58 - $500.00 = $37,970.58 (ultimate package, XLINE, etc. ) Good luck to you Stonex1... the combo looks sexy
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #18
RocGuy
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Sales Agent sent this pictures today. I will be seeing my carbaby tomorrow so i apologize for the poor quality. as soon as i have it, i will take some pictures exterior and interior...

Ok. I love it!!! Love the wheels. And the silver undercarriage parts are not as bad as I was thinking. 2 thumbs up!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 09:44 PM   #19
kychungkevin
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive28i

I never like wood in interior but I do love the wood on the x-line; and like you I don't like the x-line silver exterior trims. I have a sport line and love the sport seat a lot; the 'base' seat is way too flat; even flatter than my last Passat which is a family sedan.

I say get the sport line. In the future you could replace the black interior trim into the wood for few hundred dollar if you really wants it. It will cost you way more if you want the sport seat and black exterior trim for the x-line down the road.
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 10:17 PM   #20
stonex1
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:

when do you plan to order? i believe it's a good time right now since they are running a "holiday promo".. i got $500.00 off extra on the MSRP on top of the 6.5% off of the total "build your own MSRP.... With the options that i got it came up to be $41,145.00 - the discount of 6.5% = $38,470.58 - $500.00 = $37,970.58 (ultimate package, XLINE, etc. ) Good luck to you Stonex1... the combo looks sexy
Thanks!
I can't order until about January/February/March. I don't think we get holiday credits in Canada, but incentives should grow as the year goes on. The problem I have is that I still owe money on a Hyundai, but its paid off in June 2013. So thats that my approx delivery time. So I figure a late winter/early Spring order time.
Anyway, the Mineral Grey, xline looks so awesome. I prefer the 320 rims.
Would love to see some more pics when you get er' home.

Cheers!
Appreciate 0
      11-20-2012, 10:24 PM   #21
MSportX1
Private
Rep

RocGuy, a month ago I faced the same decision as you. I liked Sport Line, but want the wood trim. Later on after I saw one guy posted the photos of his Sport Line, I made my decision. I choose Sport Line with Coral Red and high gloss black trim. The Coral Red matches the high gloss black trim very well. So, I suggest you make the same decision -- Sport Line with Coral Red and high gloss black trim. If you really like black interior color, I suggest you choose Sport Line with black leather with red pipping and aluminum trim. For Sport Line, black leather matches aluminum better than high gloss black trim.
Appreciate 0
      11-21-2012, 10:20 AM   #22
FL1051
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 xDrive28i Sport Line

Quote:
yes it is i haven't really seen it in person... i don't think i can sleep tonight... hahaha... today is a good day ...indeed a blessing to add on this thanksgiving month. my first bmw... and growing up dreaming to own one someday.... and seeing other kids play their bmw car toys wondering and picturing that someday i would be able to own one... i'm super happy... hehehe..and a bit sentimental... a dream come true.

I love your carbaby! That is the exact combination that I want. I haven't been able to find it on a lot, so I think I'm going to have to order it.

Question: what is the 6.5% discount that you mention? Where can I find out more about? Thanks, and my apologies for the slight thread jack.
Appreciate 0