10-20-2014, 01:14 PM   #23
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeevette View Post
I couldn't fit in a X1 equipped with sport seats. The bolsters are too high for me to allow head clearance. I also really like the mineral white color; I have to park outside, and it looks better dirty. It may sound like flatulence, but the 3 liter turbo model goes like stink.
You must be a big mofo. I am 6'7" and I'm fine in either front seat.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 01:53 PM   #24
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: x1

How did you guys get the car 'below invoice'?

The best I found was 2% mark up MSRP....
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 01:57 PM   #25
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmr View Post
How did you guys get the car 'below invoice'?

The best I found was 2% mark up MSRP....
Honestly I didnt even have to haggle much. Went to the same dealer my E92 is from and my F80 is ordered at(delivery next month). Gave me invoice strait away and I was still wavering. Gave me $1300 under then the 500 innovation. Was a car on the lot and they had 20+ there.

We leased and got the .00129 MF strait up.

Last edited by dmk08; 10-20-2014 at 02:03 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:31 PM   #26
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

We got the M only because the seat color choice. Things like M steering wheel is nice as well as the wheel style. But most other things we could do without. Although we both liked the overall styling a bit more.

However, the one thing I am really really disliking is the !@#$% piss poor sealing between the doors and running board trim. The seal is a good two inches from where the door and trim meet on the exterior. As such road dirt comes in, when you get a bit of water, it drains out in as a series of black streaks. Looks like crap - especially on white paint. I am now looking at adding a second seal strip that is lower.

As for the packages - we did ultimate and heated (aka butt burner) seats. Xenon lights are great. We use nav. here and there - mostly not needed when you live in a city that is a grid.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 04:47 PM   #27
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08 View Post
You must be a big mofo. I am 6'7" and I'm fine in either front seat.
I'm only 6-2, but very long torso'd. Another issue is my spine is fused from C2 to T2. I don't have much flexibility left. There's plenty of head room, once inside; just ingress/egress is a problem for me. True of just about any vehicle I've tried since my last operation.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 07:14 PM   #28
tominavl
Keeping it Real
Rep
Drives: 2014 X Drive 2.8i Sport Line

I purchased the Sport Line in Sparkling bronze with the heated seats and steering wheel. Also added leather but skipped the Tech or Premium packages as they brought the price above where this car should be. I love the sport seats, the leather and the handling and don't care that I don't have the nav or the iDrive. I wanted performance, not gadgets. I added a rear view mirror with compass, auto-dim and homelink for $99 from Ebay. The ONLY thing I wish I had ordered was the lighting package. Though I upgraded my H7 lamps to 65W (off-road only...) halogens to help compensate for the weak lighting from the standard lamps. I'm very happy with my choices and at just $37K USD it is a great price for a great car. The exterior is really cool, as the Sport Line features a monochrome look without any silver trim except the grille. I got the windows tinted after these photos - another great addition to the car and for only $250.
Attached Images

Last edited by tominavl; 10-20-2014 at 07:26 PM.. Reason: Added photos
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2014, 08:12 PM   #29
AWF87M2
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW

I ordered my s drive with limited options as I don't plan on keeping the car longer than 3 years. My build is as follows:lighting package, m sport and power seats. That was all, at first I didn't want to order power seats but after some consideration, I opted to have it as there will be more than one person driving my car and the memory seat function will come in handy. At first I thought of buying a rear view mirror with auto dimming from ebay but I happened to come across some 300 mm JDM brodway mirrors from my old car that simply clips on, and provides more blind spot visibility. If I had the chance to order my car again, I would probably skip the m sport and go with sport line and save the extra $1100.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #30
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

If I plan to keep the x1 for over 5 years, would it be ideal to go with full options (xenon, nav, sun roof, m sport etc.)?

But then the price of the car will probably end up $50k - $52k.

That's pretty much the same as what I can get for Q5 or maybe GLA AMG?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 10:45 AM   #31
themishmosh
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xDrive35i

Quote:
If I plan to keep the x1 for over 5 years, would it be ideal to go with full options (xenon, nav, sun roof, m sport etc.)?

But then the price of the car will probably end up $50k - $52k.

That's pretty much the same as what I can get for Q5 or maybe GLA AMG?
Definitely get the car loaded. There isn't a lot of fluff with the options loaded up. Forget MSRP, you will get a deal on a 2015 X1.

GLA AMG will almost certainly be going for MSRP. That could be $15k+ more than what you negotiate for a loaded X1.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 12:50 PM   #32
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

I best deal I got so far is around 2% invoice price, minus $500 factory rebate. What you guys think?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #33
3Bims
Private
Rep
Drives: XXX

Quote:
I best deal I got so far is around 2% invoice price, minus $500 factory rebate. What you guys think?
You should wait and take a 2014 leftover from inventory when the dealers are stuck and unloading them. If you've been a member of BMWCCA for a year, you'll get another $500 off but you'll get thousands off taking an in stock leftover.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #34
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Bims View Post
You should wait and take a 2014 leftover from inventory when the dealers are stuck and unloading them. If you've been a member of BMWCCA for a year, you'll get another $500 off but you'll get thousands off taking an in stock leftover.
Thanks for the advice.

For BMWCCA, I am currently not a member.

If I join now, will I benefit in way? I havent made the purchase yet, so yeah...

And is this for US only or for Canada as well?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 04:00 PM   #35
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91

Garage List
You have to be a member for at least 1 year prior to the date of purchase to be eligible for the BMWCCA discount. I'm a member, we talk about this in meetings just about every other month about how people don't understand the concept.
2002 Land Rover Discovery II - 3" lift & 33s
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 04:59 PM   #36
bimmr
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
You have to be a member for at least 1 year prior to the date of purchase to be eligible for the BMWCCA discount. I'm a member, we talk about this in meetings just about every other month about how people don't understand the concept.
Ah crap. I am out of luck then....

So whats the benefit of joining BMWCCA as a new member now?
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #37
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Lots of stuff depending where you are. From driver advanced training, race schools, meets, car shows, classes etc. We do a ton of stuff throughout the year here in Southern Alberta, including a drive through the Dolomites, photography classes, drives to various destinations and driver schools.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 08:14 AM   #38
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twix View Post
Every now and then, a letter to the editor gets printed in Roundel where someone is complaining of not getting the CCA rebate for <insert reason here>. In the end, they didn't read the eligibility requirements. People are stupid sometimes. I actually was ineligible for the CCA rebate because I had the USAA discount (which was far more than the CCA rebate anyways). That sucked but I actually missed that in the eligibility requirements.....

To the OP, I require seats with thicker side bolsters but only for the fact that I am so used to having them that it feels wrong to not have them. By default, that means Sport or the M Sport package. I opted for the M Sport package because, with the exception of the rear diffuser, all the panels are body color, the suspension is stiffer, and you get more of a rear wheel bias when cornering. That doesn't make it worth it to some, but for the extra $$$ it is more worth it than the Sport package. If you take the added aesthetics out from both packages, Sport leaves you with the sport seats but you still get the sport seats, suspension, and rear cornering bias with M Sport. If the latter two are 'don't care' items for you, then M Sport is probably not worth it unless the body color trim is really important and you can't find somewhere to paint them for you for less. Some feel the M Sport suspension is too tight. It is loads softer than my Moupe so I don't see that but it is a personal/subjective thing.

Last edited by bosstones; 10-24-2014 at 08:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #39
zero-2-sixty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive35i

To me, the Msport package is not worth it. Some say better seats, but I don't like the seat bolsters as they push on my thigh. The extendable thigh support is nice though. What really turns me off is the very stiff ride on anything less than smooth pave. Drive an X1 MSport in NYC or other city environment and the poor roads hamper ride quality severely as its suspension is too stiff and noncompliant/nonforgiving. Point is you need smooth roads to enjoy this suspension system. As for aesthetics, all body color is not important to me. I like the slightly more rugged look w/o MSport package. No line or Sport Line is good enough for me.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #40
zeevette
Unllicensed
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 35i

Some of the ride harshness is because of the run-flat tires. I'm not impressed with the traction/handling of the stock AS Conti run-flats, and plan to change to Michelin Super Sports non run-flats.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 04:08 PM   #41
rtowell
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 X1 Sdrive28i; 2001 M5

Sport Line has a much better ride. I compared it and a M-Sport back-to-back ... big difference in harshness on anything but a perfectly smooth road.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 05:04 PM   #42
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Chicago winters over here.....no issues w/ M Sport. It is subjective, though.
      10-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #43
Twix
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Garage List
And then you can get AC Schnitzer springs like I have. Probably twice as stiff as the M-sport suspension, but I've become used to it. But every now and again there's a frost heave or something in the road surface that literally launches my car and lets me know how stiff these springs are. My Michelin PSS don't really help the softness of the ride. Maybe if they were stock sized with a beefy sidewall, but I went pretty low profile which keeps the ride stiff. I'm glad that I did switch though, these tires are amazing on dry/wet pavement. I even had a chance to try them in the snow. They suck.

If you plan on keeping the car for 5 years. Head to a dealer and have a look at the options. All of them. Drive cars with and without options. With m-sport and without. With sports seats and without and etc. Be ruthless with what you do and don't like. Anything on the fence I say is a not needed or a no.

Also, I chose the sport line because of the nicer black interior with contrast stitching. The exterior isn't nearly as nice looking as the M, but I live mostly in the interior.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #44
Eric5273
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW X1

Ride harshness is all subjective. For a few years I drove an Acura NSX as my daily driver. Talk about harsh ride. But I was used to it. I was use to dodging pot holes and slowing down for bumps in the road, and I would avoid driving on certain New York City highways as I knew I could end up with a bent wheel very easily.

Now I prefer a softer ride and I want a car that I can just plow over those rough roads and not feel the harshness, and not have to dodge the potholes and bumps. So when I was getting my X1, I opted for no line and got the 17" wheels with the slightly thicker sidewall tires. Yes I know it does not handle as well around corners than if I had gotten 18" wheels and an M-sport suspension, but after driving mid-engine sports cars for many years, no SUV is going to impress me in the handling department, so at least I'd like a smooth ride. And honestly, it's still not as smooth as I'd like it, probably due to those runflats. But it's a 3 year lease, and I will most likely never need to replace the tires.
Appreciate 0