XBimmers X1

Go Back   XBimmers | BMW X1 Forum > BMW X1 Forums > General BMW X1 (E84) Forum

05-18-2013, 04:23 AM   #1
donsbabybeamer
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 x1

Streaming music.......................

My absolute choice for listening to music in my 2014 X1 is to stream music from my Android (RAZR MAXX), the sound quality is superior to the HD radio or even Sirius radio.

Can anyone offer some information with the the following:

My phone book / phone function pairs and loads quickly once the engine starts, usually in 10 seconds or so. The Bluetooth connection for audio can take up to 3 minutes to start to play where as sometimes it can be almost instant. Even when it takes longer the connection seems to catch so to speak meaning that the music stops playing on my phone and seems to be lost in between the phone the the receiver. Sounds crazy but sometimes I can get it to connect quickly by playing radio and then switching back to Multimedia, but not all the time.

Does anyone have an experience or tips on this function working quicker?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2013, 07:01 PM   #2
soapman72
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 X1 M Sport, 2016 M4

I often use my Galaxy S III to stream music via bluetooth.....I ocassionaly get some goofy behavior as well. In my case, it is usually that the car's controls stop letting me change tracks. I can change tracks with my screen on my phone, but the car controls dont seem to work. Other times, it is fine.

The funny thing is, it also did this when I drove a Ford Escape with MyTouch....so, I'm guessing that it's an android thing.

One last point....I use Google Music instead of storing the music on my phone, so the issue may even me 3/4G network related, or even Google music related.
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2013, 10:21 PM   #3
nospam
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Alpina B6; 430i; X5 40e

I think it's an Android thing (and dependent on the phone manufacturer) Our iPhones work fine on our BMW and brother's Scion FRS. His non-Samsung Android worked intermittently on the FRS. He just got the new Galaxy S4 so his problems may be in the past.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
Grovsnus
Flight Lieutenant ≛
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Le Mans blue X1 35i

No problems with either a Sony Xperia P or a Samsung Galaxy Note 2, except that the P won't send song data (title, artist, album, length) even if using the same music program as on the Note 2, and both phones being Android 4.1.2

Skipping tracks takes a good 3-4 seconds, but I believe that's normal enough for bluetooth streaming, due to the large buffers used to prevent drop-outs.
Appreciate 0